Jordie McKenzie

Sdemon53

Surely Jordie McKenzie should have a big chance for NAB Rising Star this week. With 26 disposals, 9 tackles and putting a ton of pressure on Brisbane players he is I hope recognised for his efforts.

For mine Jordie has been the find of the season. In my opinion he has been more consistent that Trengove, Scully and Watts. It would not surprise me ti hear that he is the first player picked each week.

Though it is looking good with Scully, Watts and McKenzie being in the top players with disposals.

Was anyone else impressed with Jordie against Brisbane?

I actually want to send a message to the AFL telling them that they'd be crazy to overlook Jordie McKenzie this week. As a Hawks supporter on BigFooty said, if Jordie was a top 10 pick, he'd be favourite by miles.

It's McKenzie vs Hurley. Watts isn't a chance.

McKenzie - 26 disposals, 17 contested, 9 tackles

Hurley - 30 disposals, 13 marks

Knowing their track record it's Hurley's week

It's McKenzie vs Hurley. Watts isn't a chance.

McKenzie - 26 disposals, 17 contested, 9 tackles

Hurley - 30 disposals, 13 marks

Knowing their track record it's Hurley's week

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice this.

Unfortunately for Jordie, every good week he's played someone else has played a blinder. This week he ticks all the boxes... including being part of a win. And somehow a bomber beats him to it.

Always the bridesmaid.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice this.

Unfortunately for Jordie, every good week he's played someone else has played a blinder. This week he ticks all the boxes... including being part of a win. And somehow a bomber beats him to it.

Always the bridesmaid.

1. I know who I'd rather have out of Jordie & Hurley. Bridesmaid or not.

2. For about 3 or 4 weeks now Jordie & Jack have got better with each game.

I went to Friday nights game with a Saints-supporting mate, and it was the best I've seen Hurley play. While taking nothing away from Fletcher (who was clearly BOG), it was Hurley who held down the HB line and freed him up to play such a roving, attacking game in the first place. People keep pointing to his and Jordies raw stats, but what's more important is the effect they had on their respective games; I would say Hurley was Essendons most important player on the night.

Jordie was fantastic too -I would have him behind only Sylvia and possibly Jamar in terms of importance to the win. I don't think he'll get the nod over Hurley, though. He's already hindered by the fact the RS nominators tend to prefer KPP's over defensive mids. Even allowing for that, they'd be hardpressed to give anyone the nod over Hurley. I'm sorry.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I'm not really fussed. He puts in over and above what you would expect each week. We know what we have got and who cares what the others think. He is hard, gutsy and wants his ball back at all times. He doesn't need accolades from the outside as I'm sure that the MFC lets him know just how important he is performing like that.

1. I know who I'd rather have out of Jordie & Hurley.

Seriously?

That's a big call. Nothing but love for the guy, but I'd love to see a forward line with Hurley and Watts. In fact with Bate, Dunn and Watts all playing up the ground we're in desperate need of a bustling player.

This isn't a slight on Jordie. I just have a lot of time for Hurley as a footballer. Despite the colours he wears.

Yeah I reckon if push come to shove I'd take Hurley, more cos he is a good KPP for either end of the ground.

Jordie is starting to remind me of a cross/boyd at the bullies, in and under, gets the job done and pretty much each week the media all go "Gee Jordie was fantastic" then they proceed to be astonished at his efforts the next week!

Yeah I reckon if push come to shove I'd take Hurley, more cos he is a good KPP for either end of the ground.

Jordie is starting to remind me of a cross/boyd at the bullies, in and under, gets the job done and pretty much each week the media all go "Gee Jordie was fantastic" then they proceed to be astonished at his efforts the next week!

There is no push or shove. Jordie is looking good but anyone that would take him over Hurley is surely showing some fair bias.

Surely Jordie McKenzie should have a big chance for NAB Rising Star this week. With 26 disposals, 9 tackles and putting a ton of pressure on Brisbane players he is I hope recognised for his efforts.

For mine Jordie has been the find of the season. In my opinion he has been more consistent that Trengove, Scully and Watts. It would not surprise me ti hear that he is the first player picked each week.

Though it is looking good with Scully, Watts and McKenzie being in the top players with disposals.

Was anyone else impressed with Jordie against Brisbane?

One would think it is his week, seeing as though he has put in some good performances over the month, last night seemed not different. He deserves the nomination this week, been a very consistent player all season.

Well, if he doesn't get it this week there is always next week...

His consistency has been great, in fair contention for the nod every week for most of the season now. He hasn't shown any sign of weakening and his game has only been improving.

Agree that Jordie should win it based on his season as a whole but think Hurley will pip him.

Still, fantastic to see this kid WIWO slogging his guts out.

And it is great that we have such midfield depth at the moment that Trengove has to come back through the two's. (With blokes like Moloney and Gysberts not even playing).

Must say, I'm looking forward to a Frawley v Riewoldt match up...mouthwatering stuff.

Me too. Last time Riewoldt killed him, but that was before anyone really knew how good Riewoldt actually is. It's been a while since Frawley was beaten, I'd love to see him get one back.