James McDonald

DeezMan

As reported on the MFC website, James McDonald will be playing in Casey's VFL ones side!!

Click here

And just for good measure... the team Junior is playing in:

Seniors: Collingwood v Casey Scorpions, Victoria Park, Sunday July 25, 2pm (EST)

B: Tom McNamara, Matthew Warnock, Evan Panozza

HB: Daniel Bell, Tim Mohr, Kyle Cheney

C: James Wall, James McDonald, Matthew Fieldsend

HF: Neville Jetta, Brad Miller, Rian McGough

F: Addam Maric, Matthew Bate, Austin Wonaeamirri

FOLL: Jack Fitzpatrick, Ben MacReadie, Danny Nicholls

I/C: Ricky Plummer, Tim Smith, Wade Lees, Rohan Bail, Luke Tapscott, Nathan Jones, Ryan Pendlebury, Paul Johnson, David Bell, James Taylor, Glenn Chivers

In: McDonald, Cheney, David Bell, Plummer

Out: Matthew Moore (hip), Dean MacDonald, Matthew Weekes, Dean Cleven

New: David Bell (Upwey)

Bate, Maric, Wonaeamirri and Warnock all named on the ground? Wonder what the policy is with naming AFL players in the side?

Not sure about returning Junior through the VFL tbh. He's a seasoned campaigner, and we need his leadership.

Bate, Maric, Wonaeamirri and Warnock all named on the ground? Wonder what the policy is with naming AFL players in the side?

Not sure about returning Junior through the VFL tbh. He's a seasoned campaigner, and we need his leadership.

Doesn't mean anything.

Surprising about Junior but then again he has missed a fair bit of footy.

Yes..he is a seasoned campaigner, and thats the very point...hes no spring chick anymore and this goes to sensible management of an injury. What point rushing him back to the faster game only to ascerbate his problem?

Gets though this and he'll be back inthe seniors next week. Well done MFC

Perhaps they are unsure he is 100% and think he might breakdown!

Better to come back via Casey to get some touch and if he breaks down it will not penalsie the senior side.

Isn't the message playing Jnr at Casey, reflects the situation that if any player is not fit or in form, they will have to gain it at Casey. This has also been shown where currently Stef Martin is playing 2nd's at Casey. Paul Wheatley resumed in Casey 2nd's last year before playing his last game for the Dees. This shows leadership in the new found culture within the football department. I also feel some players have been promoted to the seniors to quickly before capturing the form or fitness needed,namely Wonaeamirri & Morton.Not saying that Jnr should have to do the same, but the saying lead by example should follow -I have no doubt that this will occur.I also have no doubt that Jnr will play well immediately and fit back into his role leading the Dees next week or later on.

Good to see him back, before he was injured you would of backed him to play again in 2011 now he has a tuff call to make do you go out having a good year or do you play on and hope you body stays fit.

Hed definitely have a big call to make at seasons end. Its one thing to want to..and another to be able to. Hope he can though...for another year.

He is 33 and has struggled to get over a soft tissue injury. Given his age and the difficulty of the injury lasting 5 weeks why would you rush him back into the fray of AFL??

Is this his first ever game in the VFL? I seem to recall he may have played one other some years ago.

He is 33 and has struggled to get over a soft tissue injury. Given his age and the difficulty of the injury lasting 5 weeks why would you rush him back into the fray of AFL??

Is this his first ever game in the VFL? I seem to recall he may have played one other some years ago.

Yes,I think he did after he recovered from his knee injury.

I remember at one stage that Junior was the only player on our list not to have played for Sandringham (at the time) - this was quite late in the alliance too. I'm reasonably sure he's played a couple in the VFL since then though.

Didnt Brad Johnson come back via the magoos ?

Yes..he is a seasoned campaigner, and thats the very point...hes no spring chick anymore and this goes to sensible management of an injury. What point rushing him back to the faster game only to ascerbate his problem?

Gets though this and he'll be back inthe seniors next week. Well done MFC

I'm still just hopeful he'll (junior) kick on next year!

I can't help but feel that he's making way atmo for some young ones to get some games into them, right now. I hope its Not more than that by the club. We'll know very soon as he needs 4 more for the 250. For me its almost better that he doesn't do it this year, then he'll have to go around again next year.

Edited by dee-luded

It would be interesting to see who the last AFL captain was to play in the VFL?! Would just be an interesting fact!?

Brad Johnson?

Well done on reading the thread.

Internet is really really screwed at the moment, didn't see all the other posts :)

Edited by eth38

It would be interesting to see who the last AFL captain was to play in the VFL?! Would just be an interesting fact!?

Nathan Buckley is another I remember coming back through the VFL being for the same injury as Jnr's.

Edited by jayceebee31