Cameron Schwab' forward Line comment

Guest Thomo

Guest Thomo

Posted on Twitter

"Had a few comments about our forward line. Project it forward a few years with a developed Jurrah, Watts, Bennell, Jetta, Morton +++"

Interesting to see Morton on his list, the club must see him as a future forward, but no Petterd. Maybe he means that Petterd does not need the development of the others, or maybe he will not be there, or maybe I'm reading more into it than intended and he just didn't name all of the forward line.

Posted on Twitter

"Had a few comments about our forward line. Project it forward a few years with a developed Jurrah, Watts, Bennell, Jetta, Morton +++"

Interesting to see Morton on his list, the club must see him as a future forward, but no Petterd. Maybe he means that Petterd does not need the development of the others, or maybe he will not be there, or maybe I'm reading more into it than intended and he just didn't name all of the forward line.

Not another thread about Petterd supposedly leaving...

He's already developed IMO. If he can take big pack marks and kick goals the way he had been before he did his shoulder, then he's developed.

And right now we really need him back.

He's already developed IMO. If he can take big pack marks and kick goals the way he had been before he did his shoulder, then he's developed.

No Petterd is very much in development. This year marks another injury blighted year for him. He has only played 35 games so far and still has plenty to learn. His future may not be the forwardline.

But I would not be reading too much into Schwab's inadvertent omission of him.

Posted on Twitter

This is just a general note about our future prospects.... it ends ++!!

I wouldn't take any of the names - or omissions - literally

Interesting things to take from that comment:

1. Morton is going to be a forward.

2. If you assume that Petterd would have been there, then is could be a concession that he is not going to be around.

3. Green is not mentioned. If we read something into Petterd's absence, then we must equally read something into this. Is his time at the club shorter than we all think?

Alternately, you can take it as a throwaway line on Twitter that was made without consultation of our long-term strategic plans.

many a freudian slip has weight !!

Strange indeed for mine Petterd isnt mentioned, he's far from 'developed'... on his way for sure but not there either.

Strange indeed really...

many a freudian slip has weight !!

Strange indeed for mine Petterd isnt mentioned, he's far from 'developed'... on his way for sure but not there either.

Strange indeed really...

wonna is also not on the list either though?

and dunn

you would think after kicking 8 on the weekend he would be in the forward line?

Im not particularly suggesting Petterd isnt going to be there...but it is strange he wasnt mentioned.

Im not particularly suggesting Petterd isnt going to be there...but it is strange he wasnt mentioned.

it is strange but with wonna and dunn also not on the list

i dont think theres to much to worry about

we have to stay positive that he is staying with the club next year and beyond

Edited by armstrong35

Oh my! This is proof that we're only going to play a 5 man forward line in future! Less if we have injuries, of course.

Come on people!

Edited by 45HG16

I only had 140 characters to work with.

Add Aussie, Ricky Petterd, Col Sylvia, Matthew Bate and perhaps a Col Garland going forward. We also think Jack Fitzpatrick is a real chance, and let's not forget Stef Martin. The point I was making is there is lots of scope.

Add Aussie, Ricky Petterd, Col Sylvia, Matthew Bate and perhaps a Col Garland going forward. We also think Jack Fitzpatrick is a real chance, and let's not forget Stef Martin. The point I was making is there is lots of scope.

Cam, we are a nervous bunch of supporters at Demonland. Hope the club did well at the Ball. I enjoyed it.

2. If you assume that Petterd would have been there, then is could be a concession that he is not going to be around.

3. Green is not mentioned. If we read something into Petterd's absence, then we must equally read something into this. Is his time at the club shorter than we all think?

Alternately, you can take it as a throwaway line on Twitter that was made without consultation of our long-term strategic plans.

I don't think that says Morton is a forward. I think it reflects their hopes that he'll play as a forward, lead up, but I can see he'll be able to play at CHB as well, & IMO, may suit that spot better. But time will tell I guess.

I can't see Morton @ Full forward??? so they must be imagining a leadup Half forward role??? But I can see a Key Defensive post sweeping the ball out & delivering with tasteful precision.

I see Watts switching between both Key forward posts,,, so with these to being a versatile pair of talls, we just need a versatile Power Forward who can switch with Wattsy, between FF & CHF.

I hope that's the plan.

HaHaHa, hey Schwabby, good onya mate.

Edited by dee-luded

thanks for the clarifacation there Scwabby :) there goes the conspiracy theory ...lol

Lol at the gullibility (word?) of everyone who thought that tweet signified the end of Petterd, Wonna and Bate. Ridiculous.

This is actually Cam Schwab?

Hey cool!

Anytime you post here will be appreciated.

Hahahaaaaaa Man we have some funny supporters. Don't sweat the little stuff Cam, just keep focussing on our long term success buddy.

Hahahaaaaaa Man we have some funny supporters. Don't sweat the little stuff Cam, just keep focussing on our long term success buddy.

Thanks Cam. I think it is not lack of confidence in the development of the players. Moreso lack of confidence in the forward strategy of not having any of those players actually leading at the ball carrier or inside 50m for that matter.

Guest DeesPower

If Green is not a developed forward by now who is?

The impression I get is that Twitter is a very "on the go" kind of social interaction, and I doubt he was siting at his computer with a list of players in front of him, hoping to name all of them. Not naming Petterd is no big deal. Players get left out of lists off the time when they're named off the top of someone's head.