Where will we finish

Where will we finish  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poses as a bit of an enigma. Because while we having been playing some fantastic footy, there have still been some skill errors that have resulted in quick goals or turnovers to the oppostition. Fact of the matter is I think from 8th-12th.

10th - 7th is reasonable, we all thought we should have beaten North and we could of should of but didnt beat pies and dogs so we know we can win and beat anyone on our day. Time will tell

I think that with a few more ins to the side, Morton, Jurrah, Wonna, Watts, and a few others to lift 5th is by no means out of the question....this is a good side.

If the Dees play their fast running game top 8 is a definate and top 4 is possible.

They are a better side talent wise than colly wobble, just have less experience. If they were 5-2, which they should be supporters would me more positive. Collywobble has only just got the belief they can win against anyone, i believe the dees are quickly getting that. Scully, trengrove and grimes know they are winners, they are our fast relay team to pump the ball inside 50. There is a changing of the guard in AFL at the min and Melbourne is one of the new top sides. There was no difference in Melbourne and Collywobble when they both played, and they are talking the wobbles up as if they are the best side going around.

Go Dees Attack and win a flag in 2010,2011 and 2012.

Top half of the bottom 8.

We will need a small miracle, and some results going our way to make the 8. Had we beaten Collingwood and not been blindly robbed on Friday night, we would have been a realistic chance to make the 8.

However we have some very difficult games coming up, and are yet to travel.

If we finish 10th but manage to win at least one interstate game this season, it would be a very satisfactory result, especially given that our entire forwardline has practically died this season.

Guest DeesPower

If Jurrah and Watts can make some impact later in the season then our conversion rate will zoom. We still have to work hard to manufacture goals.

I agree. With those two functioning together with Morton and perhaps Wonna I reckon we could beat anyone . Having seen Wonna play last week I'd forgotten how quick he is and what an excellent kick for goal, both attributes we could use as we push into the 8

I agree that we'll struggle to finish higher than 10th. We are an outside (and I mean absolutely minute) chance of scraping into the 8 if we maintain our current form and everything goes right, but this is extremely unlikely given that we're a young side, and therefor prone to inconsistency and bound to tire as the year goes on. And as Jaded said, we have had a pretty good run of home games so far, and two of our three wins come from ordinary sides in Adelaide (just barely) and Richmond. Top 4 is absolutely not in the cards, and I still wouldn't rate us as a top 4 prospect even if we'd beaten Collingwood and the Bulldogs and were 5-2.

my prediction of 9-10 remains :)

Knocking on the door of the final 8 this year, I reckon. I have a bit of a dilemma actually. Will our form drop away as young bodies tire in the last 6 or so weeks of the season? ............. or will we show the benefits of increased experience playing together, and the return of a couple of injured stars? Hard to tell, but I'm certainly expecting to enjoy the rest of 2010, and looking forward with great expectation to 2011.

Take a look at the ladder now.

The top 8 probably won't change. Of the teams outside, Brisbane might get in but Brown's clearly not fit, Drummond's gone for the year, and away from the Gabba they're not great. Then there's us, but we have a tough second half to the year, plus we're not that good just yet. Then there's North, who suck, Essendon, who suck, West Coast, who suck, Hawthorn, who have the talent when their best 22 is out there but that won't eventuate this year, Adelaide, who's best 22 is better than most of the other bottom 8 teams but probably isn't good enough to make finals, and Richmond.

In the top 8 there's Carlton, who are up and down like a yo-yo, Port, who we all believe to be flaky and crap outside of Adelaide but are 5-2, Freo, who everyone expects to drop off at some point but are 6-1, 2nd on the ladder, and playing great footy.

The point: we'll probably end up where we are now.

That would be excellent considering the last few years, the next 5 years will be very interesting PLENTY of exciting football to come from the MFC :lol:

Take a look at the ladder now.

The top 8 probably won't change. Of the teams outside, Brisbane might get in but Brown's clearly not fit, Drummond's gone for the year, and away from the Gabba they're not great. Then there's us, but we have a tough second half to the year, plus we're not that good just yet. Then there's North, who suck, Essendon, who suck, West Coast, who suck, Hawthorn, who have the talent when their best 22 is out there but that won't eventuate this year, Adelaide, who's best 22 is better than most of the other bottom 8 teams but probably isn't good enough to make finals, and Richmond.

In the top 8 there's Carlton, who are up and down like a yo-yo, Port, who we all believe to be flaky and crap outside of Adelaide but are 5-2, Freo, who everyone expects to drop off at some point but are 6-1, 2nd on the ladder, and playing great footy.

If results go as could/should be expected this weekend (Swans over Doggies, Geelong over Brisbane and Dees over Wet Toast), then we will be 8th (possibly even 7th if Port get up by enough over Carlscum)... so it will change, if only momentarily :-)

Edited by hardtack

Top half of the bottom 8.

We will need a small miracle, and some results going our way to make the 8. Had we beaten Collingwood and not been blindly robbed on Friday night, we would have been a realistic chance to make the 8.

However we have some very difficult games coming up, and are yet to travel.

If we finish 10th but manage to win at least one interstate game this season, it would be a very satisfactory result, especially given that our entire forwardline has practically died this season.

Agreed!

I was only looking at the fixture the other night. We are 7 rounds in and only 3 wins. Certainly not a bad result, but we have some very hard matches coming up, 7 of which are away from the G. The remaining 8 games at home are against some hard teams - Dons, Collingwood, Carlton, Swans which you certainbly wouldnt pencil in as wins. And we still have to play, Bris, freo, Port x2 , and Saints away.

Were goign to want to start winning some matches quick sticks, if we want to remain around this current position.

Interesting the way the ladder looks right now. We've won one that I had down as a certain loss and dropped one that I had in as a winnable 50/50. All in all, we're still on track and on the good side of where I predicted us to be at this stage of the season. Even though it's shattering to have lost those two close games to the umpires, if we all look back to the start of the season and our predictions I don't see how anyone can not be happy with where we are right now.

Still on track for 7-9 wins.

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17875&hl=predictions&st=0

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18347

lol. I've got us down for a win against Freo. Could be wishful thinking the way things are going right now.

Edited by RalphiusMaximus

Interesting the way the ladder looks right now. We've won one that I had down as a certain loss and dropped one that I had in as a winnable 50/50. All in all, we're still on track and on the good side of where I predicted us to be at this stage of the season. Even though it's shattering to have lost those two close games to the umpires, if we all look back to the start of the season and our predictions I don't see how anyone can not be happy with where we are right now.

Still on track for 7-9 wins.

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17875&hl=predictions&st=0

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18347

Agree with all that. I think we'll finish outside the eight, and many here will be saying IF ONLY we'd knocked off Bulldogs, Collingwood and a couple more games yet to be played (which we will go close to winning).

I'm hoping for an exciting finish to the season, with stringing a few wins late. But all I want is for the team to be competitive every week. Good for development.

Its interesting to note that on the cumulative Dreamteam points scoreboard Mfc are currently 6th. Which if a one or two close results had of gone our way, would probably be about right.

1. Geelong 884,153 $10,909,600 1,825 12,297

2. Western B/dogs 644,372 $10,715,300 1,575 11,799

3. Carlton 557,732 $11,053,900 1,893 11,730

4. Collingwood 528,963 $11,237,500 1,838 11,622

5. St Kilda 495,800 $10,864,400 1,405 11,609

6. Melbourne 296,436 $11,241,600 1,648 11,509

7. Essendon 389,933 $10,643,700 1,781 11,455

8. Sydney 595,193 $10,089,500 1,330 11,095

9. Fremantle 672,184 $10,694,200 1,645 10,971

10. Port Adelaide 350,175 $10,751,300 1,605 10,917

11. Brisbane 660,697 $10,054,600 1,450 10,872

12. Hawthorn 609,132 $10,947,000 1,472 10,798

13. North Melb 244,747 $10,289,300 1,580 10,662

14. Adelaide 384,518 $10,442,000 1,660 10,516

15. West Coast 486,953 $10,289,800 1,476 10,502

16. Richmond 356,860 $9,639,400 1,471 9,372

Edited by Demon Den

Unfortunately I think Finals will not be on the agenda. I think that there are 9 sides who will finish on top of us so i think props 10th but as many said before we could be 5-2 and in with a huge chance of finals but it is not to be. But the first 7 rounds have shown us that we will be a premiership contender in the not to distant future.

Edited by Triple Jack

Its interesting to note that on the cumulative Dreamteam points scoreboard Mfc are currently 6th. Which if a one or two close results had of gone our way, would probably be about right.

1. Geelong 884,153 $10,909,600 1,825 12,297

2. Western B/dogs 644,372 $10,715,300 1,575 11,799

3. Carlton 557,732 $11,053,900 1,893 11,730

4. Collingwood 528,963 $11,237,500 1,838 11,622

5. St Kilda 495,800 $10,864,400 1,405 11,609

6. Melbourne 296,436 $11,241,600 1,648 11,509

7. Essendon 389,933 $10,643,700 1,781 11,455

8. Sydney 595,193 $10,089,500 1,330 11,095

9. Fremantle 672,184 $10,694,200 1,645 10,971

10. Port Adelaide 350,175 $10,751,300 1,605 10,917

11. Brisbane 660,697 $10,054,600 1,450 10,872

12. Hawthorn 609,132 $10,947,000 1,472 10,798

13. North Melb 244,747 $10,289,300 1,580 10,662

14. Adelaide 384,518 $10,442,000 1,660 10,516

15. West Coast 486,953 $10,289,800 1,476 10,502

16. Richmond 356,860 $9,639,400 1,471 9,372

IF WE BEAT WESTERN BULLDOGS AND COLLINGWOOD

1st - Fremantle 24 130%

2nd - Geelong 20 145%

3rd - Collingwood 20 144%

4th - Sydney 20 124%

5th - St. Kilda 20 117%

6th - Melbourne 20 109%

7th - Port Adelaide 20 89%

8th - Carlton 16 118%

9th - Brisbane 16 103%

10th - Western Bulldogs 12 112%

11th - North Melbourne 12 78%

12th - Essendon 8 85%

13th - West Coast 8 83%

14th - Hawthorn 4 86%

15th - Adelaide 4 72%

16th - Richmond 0 49%

9th to 11th with 8 - 10 wins which at the start of the season I would have taken in a heart beat.

2011, let the first of at least half a dozen consecutive finals appearances and at least 2 premierships begin!

I think 9th or 10th would be a decent finish for us this year. The two defeats against Collingwouldnt and Dogs may be looked back on as the games that cost us a spot in the finals.

I dont think this is an altogether bad thing if we don't get there this year, sometimes you can get ahead of schedule (see Hawthorn from 08 to now!)to the detriment of the required development. But hey if we got that far ahead of schedule that a flag was the result....I could care less about development!!!

I would be happy to start with some more wins against the Vic sides as we still have not beaten any of them since 08 except for Richmond! A win interstate would be great for development also.

If we drop in to the 8...great! But I think we should all take satisfaction from this season if we continue to see improvement and others such as Watts etc start to show their potential....9-12 wins, hopefully a lot closer to the 12 would be a fine result!