Aiming for the eight

WonnaJurah

Not looking good so far bloody Carlton, we will end up 9th after round 5 the way things are looking. Gee will we regret loosing that game against collingwood towards the end of there year I wonder? I was super impressed with the way we played that day and was not so dissapointed in the loss until now! Oh well it's exciting anyhow too want too win so bad and be challenging for the top 8 albeit it being so early in the season

With Geelong 5 goals down at half time looks like we'll be knocked out of the eight. That is unless the Blues win by 50+ points and then we'll overtake Geelong.

Really so cats would drop out?? Go blues than

Just goes to prove that pressure versus complacency wins no matter who is playing

Blues doing very well but the test is to keep up the pressure because Geelong will comes back hard

Melbourne will be concentrating on North not the result of this game

Not looking good so far bloody Carlton, we will end up 9th after round 5 the way things are looking. Gee will we regret loosing that game against collingwood towards the end of there year I wonder? I was super impressed with the way we played that day and was not so dissapointed in the loss until now! Oh well it's exciting anyhow too want too win so bad and be challenging for the top 8 albeit it being so early in the season

I reckon that the way we are playing and the way the Hawks are playing at the moment we would just about reverse that defeat. That was the biggest disappointment by far this year.

Eh, who cares? Being just outside the 8 at this time of the season doesn't really matter. Actually, being outside the 8 at any time besides the end of round 22 doesn't matter.

Eh, who cares? Being just outside the 8 at this time of the season doesn't really matter. Actually, being outside the 8 at any time besides the end of round 22 doesn't matter.

Of course not. But it sure would be nice in terms of being able to stick it up some Carlton/Hawthorn/Essendon fans. But alas, we must wait yet another week.

Well they won. By 36. That won't be enough to bring Geelong below us. So we stay 9th. Considering we're only 1 game (and percentage) behind Sydney who's on top, it's a pretty close competition.

Its always going to be a close competition at round 5.

MFC next 7 games, I see a possible 3-4 wins there. By this stage we will know how well MFC will be traveling. I feel that MFC have great depth in the list and will be pushing right up the ladder come next season (fingers crossed for this season). As I have mentioned elsewhere, MFC to become what they will, will need to beat the top sides or put in a real fight. And so far they have proved this against Collin-Fail & the Lions.

NORTH MELBOURNE Etihad (A)

WESTERN BULLDOGS MCG (H)

WEST COAST EAGLES MCG (H)

PORT ADELAIDE TIO (A)

GEELONG CATS Skilled (A)

CARLTON MCG (A)

COLLINGWOOD MCG (H)

Its always going to be a close competition at round 5.

MFC next 7 games, I see a possible 3-4 wins there. By this stage we will know how well MFC will be traveling. I feel that MFC have great depth in the list and will be pushing right up the ladder come next season (fingers crossed for this season). As I have mentioned elsewhere, MFC to become what they will, will need to beat the top sides or put in a real fight. And so far they have proved this against Collin-Fail & the Lions.

NORTH MELBOURNE Etihad (A)

WESTERN BULLDOGS MCG (H)

WEST COAST EAGLES MCG (H)

PORT ADELAIDE TIO (A)

GEELONG CATS Skilled (A)

CARLTON MCG (A)

COLLINGWOOD MCG (H)

I reckon we can win 6 of the next seven, with some key players such as Morton, Wonna and Rivers coming back over the next four weeks.

But the way the Blues played today they seem to have taken a leaf out of our playbook although if the Cats had have kicked straight it may well have been a different story. The Blues though in my book still lack in some key areas where we excel eg their mid field is not excessively quick, they go round the flanks instead of the corridor and they rank mid list in terms of tackling. They are beatable.

Edited by Go the mighty Dees

Carefactor ...

Takes no gloss at all off the win in my eyes.

Obviously not, that would just be stupid, but pushing Carlton out of the 8 by winning and them getting done over by Geelong would have just been sweet icing on the cake.

Never mind though, I'd rather beat them in Round 11 :)

Hope Geelong wins today so we stay in the 8 at the end of the round. Also good to be ahead of Carlton and Hawthorn.

Interesting isn't it? We lose and rise 4 places after our effort in round 2. We have a brilliant win against Brisbane, improve our % markedly but drop out of the 8. Imagine how disappointed we would have been if this happened in round 22. Ladder position or not the Dees were magnificent on Saturday night.

Edited by bobby mckenzie

You win a game by 50 points, nearly double the score of your heretofore undefeated opposition, and you go from 9th to.... 9th.

Hate that. :D

Especially considering that our Round 2 loss moved us up 4 spots!!

You win a game by 50 points, nearly double the score of your heretofore undefeated opposition, and you go from 9th to.... 9th.

Hate that. :D

Yet, we could lose by 6 or 7 goals this coming week and remain...9th. However, a win will..... . :)

I am glad we got knocked out of the 8 at the end of the round.

Just proves to the kids that the work must keep on going.

We must treat North with Respect & Contempt-no more slack games.

Set up our friday night Home Game as a "Block Buster" (40,000 Members is very possible) B)