Training today

Harcourt

Took the day off work today and decided to head down to the Junction for a look.

Pretty short, sharp session starting with in close handball drills then spacing out a bit more. Drill running it end to end then broke up into backs, mids, forwards doing individual drills.

Players not currently in the team came out about 40 minutes after the main group started training. I'll admit I didn't really get super close to Wona but from a distance he still looked a little bit overweight and a long way from playing AFL. He has the propensity to put on weight if he eats too many geese and/or gets injured. Not expecting him to play for MFC for quite some time.

A few things I noted:

* Had a good look at Scully - he looks the goods this kid, surprised at how good his kicking is. He just looks really "sharp" and switched on to his work.

* Davey looks fine to me so I'm not sure why people are saying otherwise.

* Seems to be a really positive vibe about the place, a few jokes and friendly jibes at each other.

* The two "get a game" or whatever it was called promo winners were there. Both seemed pretty excited.

Didn't quite see the end as I didn't want to risk a parking fine. Looking forward to seeing where we're at on Saturday.

Took the day off work today and decided to head down to the Junction for a look.

Pretty short, sharp session starting with in close handball drills then spacing out a bit more. Drill running it end to end then broke up into backs, mids, forwards doing individual drills.

Players not currently in the team came out about 40 minutes after the main group started training. I'll admit I didn't really get super close to Wona but from a distance he still looked a little bit overweight and a long way from playing AFL. He has the propensity to put on weight if he eats too many geese and/or gets injured. Not expecting him to play for MFC for quite some time.

A few things I noted:

* Had a good look at Scully - he looks the goods this kid, surprised at how good his kicking is. He just looks really "sharp" and switched on to his work.

* Seems to be a really positive vibe about the place, a few jokes and friendly jibes at each other.

* The two "get a game" or whatever it was called promo winners were there. Both seemed pretty excited.

Didn't quite see the end as I didn't want to risk a parking fine. Looking forward to seeing where we're at on Saturday.

Funniest thing I have ever heard.

Geese !!? ]

I could have sworn it was too many turtles that Wonna had been consuming back home

and MFC specifically asked him to keep off them because of the high fat content.

Almost quote of the year from you Harcourt ! ;)

Thanks for the report nonetheless.

Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Go dees.

Funniest thing I have ever heard.

Geese !!? ]

I could have sworn it was too many turtles that Wonna had been consuming back home

and MFC specifically asked him to keep off them because of the high fat content.

Almost quote of the year from you Harcourt ! ;)

Thanks for the report nonetheless.

Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Go dees.

I've heard Wona confirm himself that it was too many geese over the pre-season...maybe he took the clubs advised and avoided the turtle with the thinking 'well the club didn't say anything about geese'!

A few things I noted:

Good work Harcourt !!

A few things I noted:

Thanks Harcourt.

CC has trotted this line out a few times at different events.

It's a bit of an in-joke about him and his family hunting geese and then eating too many of them.

I've heard he's down to three a day.

I saw Wonna at the Intraclub at Casey and he looked 3-4kg overweight and it's obviously putting strain on his legs.

He looked more like Dean Rioli than Cyril Rioli.

I believe they have hunting rights to eat Magpie Geese. Good eating obviously.

In footy parlance, "magpie geese" would be a tautology, wouldn't it?

In footy parlance, "magpie geese" would be a tautology, wouldn't it?

Training Friday was very interesting with a host of people watching. Stan Alves was present along with a cousin of Norm Smith. LJ did not seem to be there and two significant factors came from the day- Max Gawn is expected to start full training in 6 weeks. Aussie & PJ seem as fat as whales. Both will take a while to trim down. Weight maybe a significant problem for Aussie- based on his build. All three emergencies trained. Healey seemed to train with one hand heavily bandaged and he could not use it.Seems to have a wrist injury. Short ,sharp session for all players. Firstly the senior group then the players representing Casey came on after the seniors were finished. Spoke to Ricky Petterd whom stated he will be at the Demons next year. He was definate about this. Spoke to Bails whom was getting real excited about the player list but thought it would take till 2013/4 to reach it's peak.Take note Blease also trained with Casey.

Edited by jayceebee31

Max Gawn is expected to start full training in 6 weeks.

That's good, because I saw Max Gawn today and he had his leg heavily bandaged from around mid thigh to mid calf and was limping noticeably, which was not a great sight.

Training Friday was very interesting with a host of people watching. Stan Alves was present along with a cousin of Norm Smith. LJ did not seem to be there and two significant factors came from the day- Max Gawn is expected to start full training in 6 weeks. Aussie & PJ seem as fat as whales. Both will take a while to trim down. Weight maybe a significant problem for Aussie- based on his build. All three emergencies trained. Healey seemed to train with one hand heavily bandaged and he could not use it.Seems to have a wrist injury. Short ,sharp session for all players. Firstly the senior group then the players representing Casey came on after the seniors were finished. Spoke to Ricky Petterd whom stated he will be at the Demons next year. He was definate about this. Spoke to Bails whom was getting real excited about the player list but thought it would take till 2013/4 to reach it's peak.Take note Blease also trained with Casey.

Cheers for all the info guys!

That's good, because I saw Max Gawn today and he had his leg heavily bandaged from around mid thigh to mid calf and was limping noticeably, which was not a great sight.

He trained yesterday with NO SIGNS OF BANDAGES. After training he stated he would be back in full training in 6 weeks. I think you must have seen a different person- your eyes must have been jaded.