Gutsy Win - Changes vs Tigers

[No need to quote the whole thread...Just edit the quote for the relevant piece]

Miller didnt play well on the weekend

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ins: Watts, Sylvia and Rivers.

Outs: Newton (for Watts, although he wasn't our worst), Dunn/Jones/Moloney (for Sylvia- Dunn didn't do enough and his attack at the football isn't up to scratch quite often, whilst the other two consistently make horrible decisions with the ball and either put themselves under pressure, put their team mates under pressure or just purely turn the football over with a horrible decision) and Bruce (for Rivers- the game has passed him by. I hope he proves me wrong, but he's been floating around since about 2006 and I cannot recall a decent game that he's played in the last 3 or 4 years).

Bartram surprised me today with the job he did, so he gets to stay.

Bartram's played two very solid games, which surprised me, because I'd written him off at the end of last year. He did a couple of very good things yesterday.

Bartram's played two very solid games, which surprised me, because I'd written him off at the end of last year. He did a couple of very good things yesterday.

Agree with this. He played a very good game yesterday, really surprised me with some excellent decision making.

In: Sylvia

Out: Dunn

If Rivers is ready he can take Col Garland's spot for the time being.

Edited by Allen Jakovich

Ins: Watts, Sylvia and Rivers.

You may not see any of these guys this week. Sylvia might be the only in.

Bailey & Co. (Gotch) have said a couple of times that Watts will be gaining more time on the ground at Casey gradually until ready.

After a win, I believe there will be minimal changes to the team unless there are a couple of injuries to player(s) from the weekend against Adelaide.

Out: Scully

Comments:

I thought Bruce was ordinary yesterday, but he is still easily in our best 22. Sure he makes a few errors, but he also gets a lot of the ball and his good generally outweighs the bad. He also provides our defence with much greater run and flexibility, which is important given the high number of rotations these days.

We are going to have a selection dilemma if Rivers is fit, as I think that a backline including Warnock, Frawley, Garland, Rivers and Macdonald is too slow (particularly given Richmond’s forward line). I think Rivers is ahead of Macdonald, but it would be a very harsh call to drop Macdonald. So Rivers returns through the VFL for mine.

People calling for Bartram to be dropped must not have been watching our recent games. He has been in excellent form over the last two weeks.

If Jamar can handle the ruck by himself, we should continue without a true second ruckman. Spencer has not shown he is up to it and I think Martin needs to consistently demonstrate he can be a good forward at VFL level before gaining a call up. Newton has not set the world on fire, but he is a better forward than any of the other options.

Scully has been a touch disappointing in the last two weeks. As much as I want to keep him in the side for his development, I want us to pick our best team. At the moment, his form does not really warrant a game.

Given we are playing Richmond, I would also like to see us pick Watts. But another good game in the VFL would also be good for his confidence.

Bate needs to lift. He has had a very slow start to the year again but I am still more confident with him in our forward line than without him.

Dunn did some good things and bad things yesterday. But he has all the tools to make it as an AFL player and I think he needs to be persevered with. If he can gain confidence (which will only come through playing in the seniors) I still think he could make it and be a part in our future.

Out: Dunn

If Rivers is ready he can take Col Garland's spot for the time being.

100% dunn should be dropped for sylvia...dunn is tall but plays short, ie., running player...perfect swap.

not sure garland should go for rivers...the backline is looking very solid at the moment.

newton needs another week.

People seem to forget McNamara. I listened to the whole game against Geelong on Casey Radio and he was clearly BOG. Bad Gotch gave him and Cheney a good rap after the game. McNamara is very versatile and could play forward or back. There is something about him I like as he takes the game on and is not frightened to take risks.

People seem to forget McNamara. I listened to the whole game against Geelong on Casey Radio and he was clearly BOG. Bad Gotch gave him and Cheney a good rap after the game. McNamara is very versatile and could play forward or back. There is something about him I like as he takes the game on and is not frightened to take risks.

McNamara was great but IMO he can't replace any of the Talls down back yet. He reads the play beautifully & is smart, but on the other hand he is a little slow.

He'll get a chance.

Edited by dee-luded

"Given we are playing Richmond, I would also like to see us pick Watts. But another good game in the VFL would also be good for his confidence"

The one thing Jack Watts is not lacking is confidence, Bailey has given him a challenge, he says Watts will spend four or five weeks in VFL, Watts responds with a really good game for Casey, if he does the same next week he will be knocking on the door.

Bailey wants them banging the door down, so therefore you get two exemplary games from McNamara and Cheney, they have had a taste and want back in.

This is the future going forward, real competition for places.

McNamara was great but IMO he can't replace any of the Talls down back yet. He reads the play beautifully & is smart, but on the other hand he a little slow.

He'll get a chance.

At the moment, being a defender at the club makes it very hard to get a spot. This is bloody brilliant for the team, but it's hard for the likes of Cheney and McNamara, and probably most of all for Martin.

I think McNamara is only going to cement a spot in our side if he can make a successful move up forward, because right now he is behind so many guys who are proven AFL defenders.

I'd love to see him tried up forward with Casey, the way Martin has been played as a forward.

Jaded.. Love your work and respect you totally!!

However, now that I have a voice; Is it at all possible to remove the Jared Rivers counter? I have always been worried it's an omen. Tempting fate if you will..

Or you can just call me an eccentric loony and tell me to [censored] off.. your call.

I was very dismayed that Bruce did not kick that goal. I am certainly no fan of his but I thought he was good yesterday and very good the week before. He is playing a negative role and doing so with aplomb, however these days he lacks a killer instinct. Again, I am no fan of Bate's but when he has the ball inside 50 he is very dangerous. Bate and Bruce should both stay in the team.

However, young Lynden has no confidence in himself and whenever he gets the ball I hear the Benny Hill theme start playing. I want to carve Richmond up and I think he should make way for someone who can do that. Furthermore I'd rather Matt Bate play in Dunn's position (closer to goal) and put Colin into Bate's CHF position.

Richmond's rucks are an absolute joke so I believe Jamar can saddle up again, he has a full 7 days to recover.

IN: SYLVIA OUT: DUNN

I was very dismayed that Bruce did not kick that goal. I am certainly no fan of his but I thought he was good yesterday and very good the week before. He is playing a negative role and doing so with aplomb, however these days he lacks a killer instinct. Again, I am no fan of Bate's but when he has the ball inside 50 he is very dangerous. Bate and Bruce should both stay in the team.

However, young Lynden has no confidence in himself and whenever he gets the ball I hear the Benny Hill theme start playing. I want to carve Richmond up and I think he should make way for someone who can do that. Furthermore I'd rather Matt Bate play in Dunn's position (closer to goal) and put Colin into Bate's CHF position.

Richmond's rucks are an absolute joke so I believe Jamar can saddle up again, he has a full 7 days to recover.

IN: SYLVIA OUT: DUNN

Was that the one where we kind of had the game wraped up already? It fell short or something? I remember that- and I remember thinking if we were down and BRUCE done that he would be absolutely ripped to shreads here- and I don't think anyone could have defended him..

Jaded.. Love your work and respect you totally!!

However, now that I have a voice; Is it at all possible to remove the Jared Rivers counter? I have always been worried it's an omen. Tempting fate if you will..

Or you can just call me an eccentric loony and tell me to [censored] off.. your call.

Last year after I started the counter, Rivers went on to play the entire season uninjured.

I removed the counter at the start of 2010, and when he went down with this apparent knee injury, I had people asking me to start it up again... I succumbed to the peer pressure! demon_tongue.gif

I can start an Aussie counter instead maybe unsure.gif

Possible ins are Sylvia, Rivers and Martin. I'd like to see McNamara but there's no room at the moment. I'd also like to see Strauss get back in soon. Don't think there's going to be a spot for Rivers, especially against Richmond.

Possible outs are Newton, Dunn and Bate. Bate will most likely stay, as he improved as the match went on, but I'm not totally convinced of his fitness. Dunn took 10 marks, but made some awful errors. Newton is giving us nothing but I feel we have to have someone in the team who can help Jamar in the ruck, so unless we bring in Martin or Spencer Newton's going to have to stay.

Scully didn't play great but I'd keep him over Dunn any day of the week, given that Dunn's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Edit: Garland I guess is also a contender to make room but I think he's an integral part of our team and I'd prefer to play him at AFL level if he's fit.

With that in mind:

In: Sylvia, Martin

Out: Dunn, Newton

Martin for Newton is iffy and no certainty.

Edited by titan_uranus

Did Garland do anything to suggest he might go back to Casey ?

Almost right. I would have said "Did Garland do anything?" He was rushed into the side early and I think it showed. He hasn't had time to find any real form or fitness yet. I have absolutely no doubt of his ability but right now he needs to play a few more games at Casey to get his game back together.

One change

In - Sylvia

Out - Bruce

Sylvia is going to be a massive bonus, he is arguably our best and most damaging player. Bruce is a liability who is costing us 3-4 goals a week from his direct mistakes.

I was thiinking of droppin Newton, but I am warming to the idea of him being 2nd ruck/forward. And I dont rate Stefan Martin one bit, so he can stay at Casey.

Edited by Trengove_is_God