Melbourne Team vs Collingwood

titan_uranus

I had a terrible, unholy thought today. What happens if after 16 rounds we've only won 4 games? Are picks 4 and 7 on the table or would our club's soul finally be finished off if that happened again. I really hope we can win 5 games before Round 16. I can't sit through that again........or maybe I can..........no...no...yes....nooooooooooo.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the talk of 'competitiveness' has been backed up at the selection table. The two players they brought in are noted chasers.

Newton chase? Well there's an improvement

Games Experience for Saturday

MFC 1377 AFL games

Pies 2640 AFL games.

Almost twice as many games experience in the Pies team.

Our youth will get us there!

I hope.

That is insanity! Bruce, Mcdonald and Miller equate to around 550 of ours wouldn't they?

That is insanity! Bruce, Mcdonald and Miller equate to around 550 of ours wouldn't they?

Miller (128 games) is out.

Bruce 204 games, Junior 236 games, Green 200 games. Davey 120 games Moloney 91 games ...850 games there. The other 17 players raffle 527 games. Average 31 games each.

Feels like an U 19 team

Games Experience for Saturday

MFC 1377 AFL games

Pies 2640 AFL games.

Almost twice as many games experience in the Pies team.

Our youth will get us there!

I hope.

if we win the 1st or 2nd Quarter i will be happy as-that is our improvement right now.

Baby steps. ("What about Bob"-classic Movie!!)

What and move Sculgove?

Scullgove will then be released into the middle.

Since my knee injury I just can't run out games like I used to, so I'm doing what most fat lazy past-it hacks do, hide in the forwardline! :o B)

Edited by Jaded

I'd rather Newton and Dunn in this side than Miller and probably even Bruce. Neither bring anything to the team, but are more pointless because of their age. At least Newton and Dunn have room to improve in. Bruce and Miller are just not right for this game anymore.

In saying all of that, James McDonald impresses me so much. He actually seems to improve as a player. He has actually improved over the past 3 years.

You just get a feeling when you know someone is going to be a club legend. I got it with McDonald against Carlton in 1998 at Optus Oval.

Scullgove will then be released into the middle.

Since my knee injury I just can't run out games like I used to, so I'm doing what most fat lazy past-it hacks do, hide in the forwardline! :o B)

Do you think I could take the other pocket? I am 58, overweight, can't run to save my life and haven't played a game of footy in 20 years.

Do you think I could take the other pocket? I am 58, overweight, can't run to save my life and haven't played a game of footy in 20 years.

I'll rotate the Pocket with you Redleg, i have walked with crutches all my life so between the 2 of us we should be a Power housw!!!! B) B)

In saying all of that, James McDonald impresses me so much. He actually seems to improve as a player. He has actually improved over the past 3 years.

You just get a feeling when you know someone is going to be a club legend. I got it with McDonald against Carlton in 1998 at Optus Oval.

No doubt he's been a fantastic, gutsy player over his Melbourne career but legend status? Not quite. That moniker should be reserved for the very best only (Barassi, Flower, Lyon, Stynes, Neitz et al).

I had a terrible, unholy thought today. What happens if after 16 rounds we've only won 4 games? Are picks 4 and 7 on the table or would our club's soul finally be finished off if that happened again. I really hope we can win 5 games before Round 16. I can't sit through that again........or maybe I can..........no...no...yes....nooooooooooo.

Don't worry mate, by round 16 we'll be 1-15 or 0-16 and selling our soul won't be an issue.

My only interest for Saturday is to see how Scully and Trengove go in game 2, whether Newton can actually be a viable option for us this year and whether we can be within 5 goals at half time.

Sad how far we've fallen since 2006.

I wouldn't go that far.

Last week they put Spencer and Mckenzie in - before they were promoted. I seriously doubt they just made that up. But yes, I refer to my posts last week where I originally said they seemed made up.

Sorry 45, didn't see this weeks footy show. What was said? Obviously there were a couple of questionable selections in our team?

They had Sylvia and Maric in.

Edit: And my new position on the Footy Show is that I have absolutely no idea (!) how they make their team and I will assume they know what they're talking about with a disclaimer that it could be way off B) . Though this should really only happen three times a year (Round 1, Easter and QB)

Edited by 45HG16

I'll rotate the Pocket with you Redleg, i have walked with crutches all my life so between the 2 of us we should be a Power housw!!!! B) B)

We would probably show more speed than some in the team.

4 & 6 I think.

I hope we don't win less than 5, the competition won't forgive us.

They had Sylvia and Maric in.

Edit: And my new position on the Footy Show is that I have absolutely no idea (!) how they make their team and I will assume they know what they're talking about with a disclaimer that it could be way off B) . Though this should really only happen three times a year (Round 1, Easter and QB)

Thanks.

So I guess based on their accurate inclusions last week, and their inaccurate ones this week, it clearly shows The Footy Show, you and I have no idea what the bloody hell is going on.

Thanks.

So I guess based on their accurate inclusions last week, and their inaccurate ones this week, it clearly shows The Footy Show, you and I have no idea what the bloody hell is going on.

Haha well summed up.

Lets hope they are right, and our youngsters are the "Superstars of Tomorrow".

But really, are Collingwood Superstars? I dont think they have won anything lately and who are there stars "Daisy Thomas"!!!

There was an article in todays Age saying precisely the opposite. Collingwood, for a long while have relied on a solid group of good players, but never a superstar. Then again, Buckley wasn't too bad. I hope they're right about us though. Something has to give with that many top draft picks. I am confident of the statements potential truth.