Kyle Matthews

wattsup

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/vfl-captain-very-sick-after-hawthorn-pub-punch-up/story-e6frf9jf-1225847021048

I have seen this kid play for Casey and he is a gun.

This crap is just becoming way too common.

Absolutely disgusted. Kyle would have to be one of the bravest footballers I have ever seen, I wish him a speedy and full recovery, and hope the Karma bus gets the rissole that did it.

Absolutely disgusted. Kyle would have to be one of the bravest footballers I have ever seen, I wish him a speedy and full recovery, and hope the Karma bus gets the rissole that did it.

Agree absolutely. I hope the karma bus delivers the culprit straight to jail.

The Casey Scorpions have issued the following updated statement on their website: http://www.scorpions.com.au/

Kyle Matthews remains in intensive care at the Alfred Hospital as a result of injuries sustained by him in an incident which occurred on Sunday night.

The incident is being investigated by Police.

Kyle’s family and all associated with the Casey Scorpions Football Club are extremely appreciative of the concern and good wishes expressed by both the football and wider communities. However, at this stage, neither the Club nor Kyle’s family have any further comment.

A further update from the Casey Scorpions' website - http://www.scorpions.com.au/

Kyle has made positive progress in the last week and was moved out of intensive care on the Easter weekend. He'll remain in hospital for a few more days, and will then begin a period of specific rehabilitation. The club wishes Kyle and his family all the best as he progresses down the road to recovery.

David Bell, who sustained a leg injury in the same incident, is up and about and the club is hopeful he will make his Scorpions debut in 2-3 weeks.

Best wishes to Kyle Mathews and his family for a speedy recovery.

On another note, there is another gruesome lesson in this for all regarding fights. It will soon be forgetten and we'll all shake our heads when there is the next alcohol related report of violence.

Nothing positive comes out of fights. Nobody wins and everyone loses (in some cases their life). A pity there is not the basic sense of agitators to walk away.

I don't usually go on about law and order as a political issue but this is really one that needs some thought followed up by action from government, the courts and the police to stamp out violent louts. Where there's drink involved there should also be more responsibility taken by the pubs that serve the alcohol that often fuels the violence. The particular hotel where this incident occurred was also associated with the activities of certain Collingwood footballers not that long ago. I'm certainly no wowser but there are certain parts of this city that I wouldn't go near on any evening.

To Kyle who is about as courageous as they come on the footy field and to David Bell who was also injured in the incident, speedy recovery and see you soon at Casey.

Best wishes to Kyle Mathews and his family for a speedy recovery.

On another note, there is another gruesome lesson in this for all regarding fights. It will soon be forgetten and we'll all shake our heads when there is the next alcohol related report of violence.

Nothing positive comes out of fights. Nobody wins and everyone loses (in some cases their life). A pity there is not the basic sense of agitators to walk away.

Good News indeed. Kyle's a beauty, & leads by example.

Best of Health Kyle.

Inaccurate Scorpions rein in Cats

Skipper Kyle Matthews is expected to leave hospital in the next few days after suffering head injuries in an assault at a Melbourne nightclub a fortnight ago.

Gotch said the incident had shocked the club. "Kyle was such an innocent party in all of this," he said.

"I spoke to his father on Friday and he told me that Kyle was beginning to get bored in hospital, which shows that his mind has become active again, which is great news."

Great news indeed. First step to get out of hospital. Next rehab and let's hope we see him back in action soon!

Report in Inside Football suggests that Kyle faces a long rehab and won't be playing at all this year.

I wish him well on the long road to recovery.

Seconded!

• 1 month later...

KYLE MATTHEWS IN VFL RECORD

Casey Scorpions captain Kyle Matthews is making slow but steady progress after being assaulted outside a hotel earlier this year and now hopes to resume his football career before the 2010 season is over. He's doing some light training and is looking forward to the day when he's back on the track in full flight.

Its good to see everyone back at the club and were winning so that makes it even better. Everyone is playing well and were winning all the close games and thats a good sign.

Everyone believes in what Gotchy (coach Brad Gotch) says and everyone believes in each other. Im feeling better by the day, the injuries are healing and hopefully I can get back before the end of the season.

The doctors have said I should play football again and Im hoping that will be towards the end of the year, but the way were playing Id struggle to get a game.

Casey Scorpions captain Kyle Matthews is making slow but steady progress after being assaulted outside a hotel earlier this year and now hopes to resume his football career before the 2010 season is over. He's doing some light training and is looking forward to the day when he's back on the track in full flight.

If he gets back to full fitness, mature age rookie chance? Was thinking about this last year.

Hmmn, thats great news Indeed. I hop he makes a Full Recovery.

It would be nice if he could get back into a part of an Reserve game, 5 weeks out.

If he gets back to full fitness, mature age rookie chance? Was thinking about this last year.

I was wondering that as well, There would be stranger things happen than rooky-ing Kyle as a mature ager.

PS: How would he go as a small defender???

• 1 month later...

STILL unable to work or drive a car, Casey Scorpions captain Kyle Matthews has spoken of the vicious assault that left him with serious head injuries and forced him out of football.

Casey Scorpion player faces gruelling recovery after brutal assault

As a member of the brain injury list (from a accident not a bashing from which I have fully recovered), this makes me so mad. I know how much of a long road the man has and I wish him all the best. It took me 3 years to get over mine and it might take the same for him. ohhhh I can't put into words how mad I am.....

People are shite, I'm sorry, but you read this sort of thing and you think how do we get to a point where gutless pricks just bash people for their own bloody enjoyment.

I hope the offenders get to spend the rest of their miserable lives rotting in jail, because they are clearly a waste of space in society.

Good luck Kyle!

• 1 month later...