what are collingwood going to do to us

dees189227

They beat the premiership favourites and a team that will probably finish top 4 or be somewhere in the 8 by 6 goals. I fear in what they will do to us. Can we stop Jolly from smashing us int eh ruck, will we be able to stop there foward line and midfield.

I hope the boys saw this game today to see how a real side plays. I know we are a long way from the pies but god I hope we put up a real fight next week.

Pull down our pants and....well you can fill in the blanks.

We will improve. We have to. generally speaking, we don't play that poorly against Collingwood.

But its going to be the same old story of, where are our goals going to come from?

Play the Kids Man on Man and let them learn as much as they can next week.

I will be there in the stand yelling as usual!

Pull down our pants and....well you can fill in the blanks.

We will improve. We have to. generally speaking, we don't play that poorly against Collingwood.

Did you see us last year?

We will struggle against mature bodied sides and there are not many more mature than the Pies. We will get smashed and based on where we are at that is what they should do. We should take from it what we can. Play man on man. No loose behind the ball. Hold our forward structure. Give Grimes time on Swan, Strauss time on Didak, Jordie on Pendlebury. Trengove and Scully high game time through the middle like this week.

Did you see us last year?

We will struggle against mature bodied sides and there are not many more mature than the Pies. We will get smashed and based on where we are at that is what they should do. We should take from it what we can. Play man on man. No loose behind the ball. Hold our forward structure. Give Grimes time on Swan, Strauss time on Didak, Jordie on Pendlebury. Trengove and Scully high game time through the middle like this week.

I did say 'generally'.

and, yes.

I thought the dees would have pushed a depleted Hawthorn yesterday. I expect the dees to come out and show some fight against the Pies.

A win is unlikely, but keeping the final margin inside 20 points would be a sign of improvement.

I might make the trip, but the filth supporters just plain annoy me and I am not one to shy away from an argument with the toothless faithful.

Collingwood will cream us. I don't miss to many games in Melbourne but I've decided to do something else next week, not sure what but I won't be going. I felt drained when I left yesterday.

you can't ever take that attitude

if even a minor percentage of our 'supporters' share your philosophy we will get even more dismal crowds and they will simply shut us down. Don't give them an excuse.

Its going to get ugly, very ugly. We are incapable of matching them in any part of the game. They are going to physically monster us. Seeing the way the punished the bulldogs turnovers can you imagine what they will do to us. I predict a margin of 80-100

Its going to get ugly, very ugly. We are incapable of matching them in any part of the game. They are going to physically monster us. Seeing the way the punished the bulldogs turnovers can you imagine what they will do to us. I predict a margin of 80-100

Agree on most things however the margin -- more like 120 points.. :blink:

In order to defy expectations and say, come out of the game with heads high (less than 10 goals), the coach will need to employ something different --- tactics, strategy, match-ups, roles, whatever ...

Not a big believer yet.

I shudder to think what they're gonna do to our boys if they start like they did against the Doggies. Forget 50 points. It'll be a 70-80 point first term!

This is one instance where I agree that a competitive showing will be the aim.

if even a minor percentage of our 'supporters' share your philosophy we will get even more dismal crowds and they will simply shut us down. Don't give them an excuse.

Actually, next week is a Collingwood home game, so the poor crowd goes against them. Sadly, no matter how many of us fail to show to this game, they won't be shut down.

10-15 goal loss.

Our backline is not quick enough for theirs, and their midfield is far too experienced. Also, I think we may be the first team in a while to not score a goal for the entire match.

Edited by calabreseboy

Given the heat on everyone at the club after Saturday's debacle, I think we'll actually put up a better effort on Saturday. We might even be within 2 or 3 goals of them by half time but class will swallow us up in the second half and we'll go down by between 8 and 12 goals.

I can take the loss, what I can't take is them not showing any spirit or passion while it happens.

I'll probably be there I guess after being a supporter for so long I should be used to the carp the team serves up.