New Forum Upgrade

Demonland

Looks great. Everythings a lot clearer and just in time for the new season.

I like the 'vote this post up/down' feature. Hopefully this will save a few pointless posts even if it doesn't seem to be working at this stage.

Whoa...

Whoa...

Gotta get my head around all this.

It does look somewhat cleaner, which is nice.

Yep nice!

Had to refresh pages a couple of times due to that 'Port 80 Service temp.. screen', but besides that no dramas and looks very pro!

Edited by DemonDan...

Good job Andy (and Nasher?), fantastic effort.

Nothing to do with me this time. I did a trial run of the upgrade when we moved to the new server, and it seemed to work, but I found that the new software locked my account out for some reason, so I rolled it back. Then Andy did the upgrade anyway and it locked my account out again!! Luckily this time I figured out a way around it :-)

I like it. Could use some more red and blue, but generally it's clean and easy to navigate.

Yep..very clean and smart

Now. Just have to figure out how to quote individual sections of text within a post.

just the same as before.. start by 'replying' to the post. You'll then see there is a start to the quoting which reads 'quote name=' it starts and ends with [ and ] then at end of quote there is '/quote' again in [ ]

you just need to prefix and suffix any segment of a quote you want to use in this manner

( hopefully that made some sort of sense ....n.b if i tried to show you it would return a syntax error..lol )

have to say though ...im not too fond of having anything "teal' in here :lol:

Thanks all. There are still a few tweaks here and there that we need to make but I can assure you that any changes we have made are for the best.

Please let me know of any bugs or glitches that you notice.

If you are using an iPhone or another mobile device and you get the following screen:

photo.jpg

Click that link to get the message board as you see it on a computer.

For some reason it detects that the site is being view on a mobile and displays like that. I'm not sure if you can manually change that setting. Maybe Nasher can take a look. It seems that once you click that link it displays the forums as normal on a mobile device.

Quite happy with upgrade and layout but agree some more red and blue graphics would be nice! Easy to navigate around and fresher in appearance. Well done.

Yep..very clean and smart

just the same as before.. start by 'replying' to the post. You'll then see there is a start to the quoting which reads 'quote name=' it starts and ends with [ and ] then at end of quote there is '/quote' again in [ ]

you just need to prefix and suffix any segment of a quote you want to use in this manner

( hopefully that made some sort of sense ....n.b if i tried to show you it would return a syntax error..lol )

So pretty much the same as last time. That's good.

Quite happy with upgrade and layout but agree some more red and blue graphics would be nice! Easy to navigate around and fresher in appearance. Well done.

Not sure where people want more Red and Blue and how this is much different from the old forum colours.

Picture.jpg

Red and blue on the text part of the forum looks a bit tacky and can be hard to read. I think this looks cleaner.

Happy for more suggestions though. Keep em coming.

Agree, it looks cleaner and has a good feel to it. Will get used to it soon enough. Well done Andy.

I am having to refresh now and again to get various pages up. They come up after a temp unavailable page. Thought I'd mention it.

Not sure where people want more Red and Blue and how this is much different from the old forum colours.

With one line posts creating such a large imprint (for completed profiles), as you scroll through a thread there is very little red and blue.

Edited by Trident

Working ok off of my iPhone. Well done guys :) thanks for heads up Andy

I am having to refresh now and again to get various pages up. They come up after a temp unavailable page. Thought I'd mention it.

i too am having this issue and I believe it is an issue with our host provider. I have logged the issue with them and hopefully it will get sorted out ASAP. This never happened with Nasher but that's what you get when you actually pay for a service. Go figure. :rolleyes: Just keep hitting refresh. You will get there.

Please log any other issues that arise here.

Working ok off of my iPhone. Well done guys :) thanks for heads up Andy

I will try to sort that issue out as it's trying to make the site easier to view on a mobile device but the iPhone is so good that it doesn't need the page to be "dumbed" down.

Picture.jpg

Red and blue on the text part of the forum looks a bit tacky and can be hard to read. I think this looks cleaner.

Happy for more suggestions though. Keep em coming.

is it possible to tone down the WHITE BACKGROUND. it is hard to read fine print, and also is tiring on the eyes after a whille.

otherwise you are doing a top job thanks Matt