• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PERMISSION TO TRAIN LIST

jayceebee31

Just been announced and shows- Tenace & Thorp still with permission to train with us- http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tab...83/default.aspx

I thought we only had one pick and that Joel McDonald was over the line.

Also noticed Dylan Grimes training at Richmond

Your thoughts ?

Edited by jayceebee31

isnt mac2.0(Joel Mcdonald already our choice

I agree totally- that is why I raised the topic- actually has anyone from the MFC stated we are taking Joel McDonald- or are we just going by media speculation. No mention on MFC website ever,

I agree totally- that is why I raised the topic- actually has anyone from the MFC stated we are taking Joel McDonald- or are we just going by media speculation. No mention on MFC website ever,

Anyone else think that we may make a move for Dylan Grimes at the end of next season during trade week? I would think we have a few players on the chopping block if they don't deliver and Grimes Version 2.0 might be a handy addition?

Maybe on the off chance Joel suffers a serious injury pre draft?

That is something I did not think of-very good point,similar to what happened to the luckless-Mitch Thorp.

Edited by jayceebee31

The AFL has today updated the Permission to Train List. Melbourne now has only one player on the list, Joel Macdonald, who appears to be our designated #1 selection in the PSD. Kane Tenace and Mitchell Thorn seem to have dropped of the radar while it is becoming more likely that the other clubs will allow us to honour our commitment to redraft John Meesen and Michael Newton.

The following unlisted players are on the Permission to Train List as at 09/12/09:-

ADELAIDE

Nil

BRISBANE LIONS

Claye Beams (Labrador)

Niall McKeever (Ireland)

CARLTON

Nil

COLLINGWOOD

Daniel Frost (Collingwood, VFL)

Kristopher Pendlebury (Collingwood, VFL)

ESSENDON

Michael Barlow (Werribee)

FREMANTLE

Andrew Foster (Fremantle)

Kyle Hardingham (East Fremantle)

Adam McPhee (Essendon)

Matt Riggio (North Melbourne)

Alex Silvagni (Casey)

Danny Stanley (Collingwood)

GEELONG

Bryce Carroll (Essendon)

Dan McKenna (Geelong)

Daniel O'Keefe (Sydney Swans)

Guy O'Keefe (Western Bulldogs)

Bryn Weadon (Geelong)

HAWTHORN

Dean Putt (Richmond)

Wayde Skipper (Western Bulldogs)

MELBOURNE

Joel McDonald (Brisbane Lions)

NORTH MELBOURNE

Todd Grayson (Gold Coast)

Matthew Laidlaw (Sydney Swans)

PORT ADELAIDE

Jonathan Beech (West Adelaide)

Alex Carey (Glenelg)

Glenn Dawson (Port Adelaide)

Matthew Goldsworthy (Woodville-West Torrens)

Jack Hannath (Central District)

Ben Hansen (Sturt)

Thomas Harms (Sturt)

Cameron Hitchcock (Glenelg)

Matthew Jaensch (Sturt)

Terry Milera (Port Magpies)

Bradley Palipuaminni (NT Thunder/Tiwi Bombers)

Matthew Panos (Norwood)

Damien Roe (NT Thunder/Nightcliff)

Taite Silverlock (West Adelaide)

Jack Stephens (Sturt)

Mitchell Taylor (NT Thunder/Wanderers)

Dean Terlich (Norwood)

Derick Wanganeen (Port Magpies)

Daniel Webb (West Adelaide)

RICHMOND

Jayden Cass (Eastern Rangers)

Josh Free (North Ballarat)

Alex Goodingham (Dandenong Stingrays)

Dylan Grimes (Northern Knights)

James Hallahan (Dandenong Stingrays)

Robbie Hicks (Calder Cannons)

Ben Jakobi (Sandringham Dragons)

Justin Kadhlefelt (Southport)

James O’Rielly (Ireland)

Graham Polak (Richmond)

Relton Roberts (Wanderers)

Luke Tobin (Sandringham Dragons)

ST KILDA

Josh Grabowski (Geelong Falcons)

Tom Hill (Calder Cannons)

John Rayner (Western Jets)

SYDNEY SWANS

Daniel Bradshaw (Brisbane Lions)

Sam Crichton (Sydney Uni)

Dylan McNeil (Murray Bushrangers)

Henry Playfair (Sydney Swans)

WEST COAST

Nil

WESTERN BULLDOGS

Majak Daw (Western Jets)

Jake Edwards (Carlton)

Malcolm Lynch (Western Bulldogs)

Dane Rampe (Williamstown)

Patrick Rose (Williamstown)

John Shaw (Western Bulldogs)

The AFL has today updated the Permission to Train List. Melbourne now has only one player on the list, Joel Macdonald, who appears to be our designated #1 selection in the PSD. Kane Tenace and Mitchell Thorn seem to have dropped of the radar while it is becoming more likely that the other clubs will allow us to honour our commitment to redraft John Meesen and Michael Newton.

Thats nice of them.

Delisted or not, there has been no termination of the players' contracts so they would need to front up to training to fulfill their parts of the bargain. Had they been invited to train elsewhere then something could have been arranged.

I think both players will be redrafted on Tuesday morning in the rookie draft and, given that we've already announced we're taking Joel Macdonald in the PSD, the day will be a bit of an anti-climax.

At least we're not being overrun by phantom PSD and rookie drafts :lol: !

Delisted or not, there has been no termination of the players' contracts so they would need to front up to training to fulfill their parts of the bargain. Had they been invited to train elsewhere then something could have been arranged.

I think both players will be redrafted on Tuesday morning in the rookie draft and, given that we've already announced we're taking Joel Macdonald in the PSD, the day will be a bit of an anti-climax.

Thanks for a better explanation than mine.I know what I wanted to say-however you emphasised it more accurately-thank you

I disagree - there has been a mutually agreed termination of the contracts, whereby the club has agreed to pay them out in full.

But, in the end, it matters not - I agree with you that they will both end up back at MFC and it will be less than an anti-climax... if that's possible.

I do not want to get into a dog fight re the Meeson & Newton saga- however I understand it as basically these two players have been demoted from a SENIOR list post to ROOKIE position. Basically the MFC has to guarantee that they will honour their position to the players by taking them as a rookie if they are not taken up in the draft by another club. Therefore, we will have to take one as our 1st pick(6th overall) and then another at our next pick. Actually, it will be interesting to see whom we pick first. However,if another club picks one or another then we can pick other players. So that is why they kept training with us- however, if another club had asked permission for any one to train with them, then we would have obliged. Seeing as no other club did- then I believe it is most likely we will retain them. Hope Newton stars at Casey and is promoted whilst I do worry about Meeson- don't even know his stautus at this time- re is he training or in rehab. or resting?

I disagree - there has been a mutually agreed termination of the contracts, whereby the club has agreed to pay them out in full.

Incorrect. Contracts are still in place. The Club have moved the players from the senior list to the rookie list and have pledged (Hun talk) to take them on to the rookie list in 2010 if no club takes them.

Incorrect. Contracts are still in place. The Club have moved the players from the senior list to the rookie list and have pledged (Hun talk) to take them on to the rookie list in 2010 if no club takes them.

Doesn't removing them from the senior list involve terminating those contracts? and then signing new contracts as rookies?

Edit: I don't think they would be eligible for the draft or to sign with another club if they have another contract in place.

Technically those contracts must be terminated then new contracts formed.

A player cannot be 'moved onto the rookie list'. His senior list contract can be terminated and a new one is signed for the rookie list.

This is why it is only a 'pledge' to draft them as rookies - because no contract is signed which ties the club to actually selecting them as rookies.

Either way, its all semantics as far as we're concerned.

Edited by Keyser Söze

Doesn't removing them from the senior list involve terminating those contracts? and then signing new contracts as rookies?

Edit: I don't think they would be eligible for the draft or to sign with another club if they have another contract in place.

Technically those contracts must be terminated then new contracts formed.

I thought that originally as well but it was pointed out that players more or less have a contract with the AFL via clubs. Newton and Meesen would be on the same contract as rookies with us (I beleive). I doubt it is the club's prime intention to jettison these guys, they simply wanted to make space on our senior list and put them on the rookie list. The contract does not terminate however with regard to player salary. If they go to another club then they should be on the same contract however if the club they go to only pays them a certain amount then we have to cover the excess I beleive. Happy to be corrected though.

A player cannot be 'moved onto the rookie list'. His senior list contract can be terminated and a new one is signed for the rookie list.

This is why it is only a 'pledge' to draft them as rookies - because no contract is signed which ties the club to actually selecting them as rookies.

Well, to me it appears that they can. It is just that the AFL stipulates a 2nd chance option for the players in question to be picked by another club first. The contract remains even though the players are delisted and then reinstated on our rookie list under AFL guidelines if they are not taken beforehand.

When there was talk of Thorp coming to MFC, the posters who had more idea of the contract situation stated that he would retain the same contract. MFC was not obligated to pay all of it though so any short comings would have been made up by the Hawks as they delisted him whilst under contract.