MFC Merchandise Collection- part 3

Jaded No More

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I can see you have talent, but I'd agree you could've spent a lot more time on this.

Good but not great. I'd love to see what you could come up with if you had no time restrictions.

Edited by Keyser Söze

Superb work Jaded indeed. Well done. I like the 1859 1858 ! tops and the Hoodies.

Had to be more than a few all nighters. When do we see this all on the catwalk ? ;)

Edited by High Tower

Thank you.

I've shown the range to a number of Melbourne supporters outside these boards and they also seemed keen. Likewise I've succumbed and joined Twitter (argh!) and sent the link to Cameron Schwab.

(oh and this is a shameless bump :P)

Great work Jaded! Let us know what you hear back from the club!

I especially think the Grey hoodies would sell well.Some pretty talented people belong to this club and your one of them.

Personally, I can see you have talent, but I'd agree you could've spent a lot more time on this.

Good but not great. I'd love to see what you could come up with if you had no time restrictions.

Yeah I would definitely have loved to invest more time in this, but the original project was to create 5 coordinated garments, and I've ended up with 78 SKUs. The project is only worth 15% of my final CAD mark so I couldn't really spend months on it. Also as I've mentioned, I've had about 4 hours sleep in the past month trying to juggle uni, work, family, a life etc..., so I probably made some pretty ordinary mistakes in there (e.g.- should have done more research into EST date, I mean come on, that's pathetic! :P)

I think all up I spent about a week of actual designing, which is not much for so many SKUs. I look at it with very critical eyes and see definite improvements to be made, but please I'd love some specific feedback of things that should be improved.

It's interesting to note that so many people love the fashion items (more so than the plain products), and it really does support my opinion that the club is missing out on a huge market of casual supporter wear. I tried to keep it fairly plain, but knowing the reaction to the trend-driven products in the assortment means I can go nuts with heaps more ideas.

I haven't had any reaction to the link I sent Schwab on Twitter (he's probably bombarded with messages, or I may just be too stupid to figure out how to Twit him properly :blink: ), so does anyone know of who within the club I should be contacting? I really don't want to just send this through to the ideas email address, because this isn't a generic proposal. Do we even have an apparel merchandise manager?

jaded;

i would not normally be commenting on a post like this one BUT.i have to give credit where it is due.

I HAVE TO COMPLIMENT YOU AS I WAS AMAZED AND IMPRESSED BY YOUR EFFORT.

I was actually browsing through thinking it was an actual catalogue, looking for the item no. to order.

as i have been waiting for the rugby tops to be made available again as its been years.

2 suggestions - \

get rid of the white and keep range short and to the point either red and blue& navy only.as less is more and cost affective.

& don't be too precious about any negative comments as its all enlightening in the end & majority rules anyway.

take it all on board good & bad. and adjust accordingly.

remember constructive criticism helps more so than sycophants.

just plane negative & rude u ignore & move on.don't give them voice.

question;?

have you any justification to think this will be taken on or is it just an assignment ??

would be frustrating not see something happen.

again good effort.

Jaded...if you are dead set serious in this world ..you..as an individual need to make things happen.

An off the cuff ink here and there wont do much if anything. You need to mock up a few samples.. by hook and by crook and organise a meeting with Scwabby.. etc.. if you are keen as mustard they WILL give you a hearing.. That I've noticed about this club now is they will listen....and in fact do !!

One of the best ways to promote anything is by stealth. A casual range ..fashionable and with it..as well as some classics ( for us oldies..lol ) with that logo will constantly reinforce the brand ( MFC ) It then permeates the culture and crosses over lines.. many people wear Billabong who arent surfies..and probably dont know where the nearest beach is. Many wear Russell Athletic whilst obviously showing abject disconcern for where any gym is etc.

So Jaded..if you really believe you have a product worth marketing...do that...ll journeys start with that first littel step... youve done that and designed some very good stuff..good starting point.. Next step...shove it under someones nose ...someone who can do something !!

go on..do it !! :) I wish you luck..we probably all do ;)

Still no answer.

The online link is about to expire, so I'll have to use another email account to set it up again.

Next week, when I'm free from uni forever (and have had some sleep at last), I might give the club a ring. As it stands though, I'll give them a few more days because they must have a lot of emails coming in.

Thanks for the bump.

Jaded...despite this being the 21st century and all...sometimes the method with the best results is as old as the ages....just take something and show someone ;) If a picture is worth a thousand words than a sample is worth a 1000 pictures !! ;)

Jaded...despite this being the 21st century and all...sometimes the method with the best results is as old as the ages....just take something and show someone ;) If a picture is worth a thousand words than a sample is worth a 1000 pictures !! ;)

As I've said I don't have the money or expertise to get samples made.

Even assuming that I can bribe friends to make me a sample tee, or I can go buy some generic garments, I don't have the ability to embroider or apply a graphic print onto a garment without either having massive quantities or knowing someone who'll be able to produce a single unit.

So unless you know people who will be willing to do that, I can't justify getting a sample made as it'll cost a fortune that I just don't have (getting the templates made for embroidery or prints is extremely expensive and you don't do that unless you're sampling products for mass production purposes).

I'd love to go in with an entire collection made up, but it's just not realistic. I suppose I can always use those iron-on things :o :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this up to inform you that I've received an email from Cam Schwab, who really liked the collection and is forwarding it onto the right people.

I'll continue to follow this up with the club and keep you informed.

(And may I just say that this is the highlight of my non-existent career thus far!!! :P)

Edit: New link has been uploaded. For those who haven't had a peak yet, please do.

Just bumping this up to inform you that I've received an email from Cam Schwab, who really liked the collection and is forwarding it onto the right people.

(And may I just say that this is the highlight of my non-existent career thus far!!! :P)

Jaded this is great news for you (and us). This is just the start. Even if only a few items get taken up at least you will come to the notice of people who could further your career. Well done.

Edit: the original link has expired, but I'll upload a new one in a few minutes (damn thing is taking forever to upload). For those who haven't had a peak yet, please do.

That fantastic Jaded!!! It is such a good feeling to come up with an idea at it to potentially become a success at the club.

Some great designs Jaded. Even an 'old fart' like me would happily wear this trendy gear. The 1964 stuff is brilliant .... I want definitely some for Christmas.