EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE

Demonland

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all our forwards are a joke

You're right, a forwardline made up of PJ, Newton, Miller, Bartram and Martin is not going to ever win us a game of football.

A forwardline made up of Watts, Jurrah, Aussie and Bate will.

Today's forwardline was proudly brought to you by the letters T, A, N and K and sponsored by Tom Scully.

I've been saying this for weeks. If we could lose honourably to the Dockers, we could go into the Blues and Saints game almost cheering or a win.

What's more, if we do beat one of the next three, and Freo lose all of theirs, we'd end up 15th with picks 1 and 3, which would be just fine by me. No spoon AND Scully.

Oh... we're playing a game today aren't we? Oh yeah...

I think it's pretty funny how people have turned on PJ, while saying Jamar is now the second coming. Yes, he may be playing bad footy (while being played nowhere near where he should be) but he's no worse than Jamar was for the last 7 years. Fickle bunch.

Agree with you 100% about PJ.Jamar has had 10 years & never done a thing.The Crows wanted him 2 years ago & i cant believe we didnt take it.I think PJ is far more mobile,can mark & dosnt actualy mind running & kicking.Ok he lacks a bit but of polish but just give him a good run & let him get some confidence.Think we need to lay of PJ

some seem to think that eve those of us content to see us exploit a system not of our doing take some sort of macabre glee in watching us lose.. i dont particulalrly.... but its all in context.i.e today, last week... most of rest of yeasr siimply doesnt matter in the long term going forwards other than what it can deliver in terms of positives..( and picks )

it sickens me that we have to play this game...but play it and win it we must..THATS important...not meaningless junk time heroics!!

While i can understand the disapointment at the performance today....

We were missing Green, McLean, Rivers, Grimes, Watts, Bennell, Jurrah, Strauss, Blease, Garland, Maric, Warnock, Wona, etc...phew that's a lot of talent!!

Add 3 top 20 picks this November and you'd have a fair case to suggest that only 7 or 8 of the players going around today will be in our best 22 by this time next year....

North were close to full strength, so its really not the end of the world guys...

Missing a vital point here,Watts,Bennell,Jurrah,Strauss,Blease,Wona etc havnt exactly set the world on fire & probably wouldnt get a game in any other club at this stage.Could be stars but might not either.We are a long way off & if i was a young kid i would hate to be drafted to Melb & that hurts me to say that

No, what you have to accept is that you are not allowed to be upset about us losing on this site otherwise you will feel the wrath of the pro-tankers who know, with self righteous surety, that Scully will not only deliver us flag after flag, but deliver us from debt and gain us 20,000 more members.

Exactly.All good to lose but to get smashed by a pathetic team thats 14th is a discrace.We are building a losing mentality & how do you expect to get new sponsors or supporters dishing up crap like that.Who says skully will be any good anyway.Hes good as a kid but so was Travis Johnson & we all remember him dont we.He may be a star but you cant pin your future on 1 guy

Missing a vital point here,Watts,Bennell,Jurrah,Strauss,Blease,Wona etc havnt exactly set the world on fire & probably wouldnt get a game in any other club at this stage.Could be stars but might not either.We are a long way off & if i was a young kid i would hate to be drafted to Melb & that hurts me to say that

The dogs need more supporters so go and join them!

Dappa Dan And Jaded are right in everything they have said. I can't believe people are getting so worked up over this loss. Did they actually look at the team sheet? We needed this to happen to 'secure' the future success of the club and it's about time we got what is ours. It's going to be funny when we win 5-8 games next year, who knows what will be said then by these supporters who can never be pleased.. Patience people. A side with a few new young players and a side that has been tilted on its head the last few weeks, you can't expect much at all. We are [censored] anyway so why would you expect anything more? Some people need to wake up.

Tom Scully is ours, and the way Fremantle are going we might get pick 2 as well.

No, what you have to accept is that you are not allowed to be upset about us losing on this site otherwise you will feel the wrath of the pro-tankers who know, with self righteous surety, that Scully will not only deliver us flag after flag, but deliver us from debt and gain us 20,000 more members.

There is nothing wrong with being upset about the lose. As long as you realise it will be a good thing for us in the future. It's just the people who get on here and say we should have won, and it will be a good thing and create a winning cultue bla bla bla, that is just crap.

Edited by Mr Morton

some seem to think that eve those of us content to see us exploit a system not of our doing take some sort of macabre glee in watching us lose.. i dont particulalrly.... but its all in context.i.e today, last week... most of rest of yeasr siimply doesnt matter in the long term going forwards other than what it can deliver in terms of positives..( and picks )

it sickens me that we have to play this game...but play it and win it we must..THATS important...not meaningless junk time heroics!!

I understand what eveyone is saying about future picks etc & i know we need them,just think todays effort was very poor & wouldve liked a close game where we had a go

Jurrah, Wona and prob Bennell would get a game at any other club and the other blokes you mentioned are 18 years old!!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Exactly.All good to lose but to get smashed by a pathetic team thats 14th is a discrace.We are building a losing mentality & how do you expect to get new sponsors or supporters dishing up crap like that.Who says skully will be any good anyway.Hes good as a kid but so was Travis Johnson & we all remember him dont we.He may be a star but you cant pin your future on 1 guy

were not pinning our future on 1 guy, were pinning our future on 2. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The amazing thing is people actually believe that.

I wish I could be so ignorant. Its as if the other clubs dont exist having sat on the bottom so long it will be our right to eventally be up the top.

Not from what I see. Not by a long shot.

I've read some ridiculous posts on this site but this one is right up close to the top. We're a club playing for draft picks with most of our best players in the spa getting ready for preseason on Oct 15 and you roll out this rubbish.

Are you telling us that adding Scully, let's say Trengove, Pick 17, pick 1 pre season, Watts, Jurrah, Blease, Strauss, Green, Grimes, Wonaeamirri, Garland, Bennell and the rest won't make us a quality side in 2 '3 years time. I'm watching a text book rebuild being handled professionally for the first time by this club and you lose faith at the bottom of the J curve. As Ronald Dale would say "Have a good hard look at yourself son"

Edited by Roost It

Agree. Scully must be absolutely dynamite, becasue he is going to change the culture as well. Today was not one of our better days.

PS: Better sign Petterd before GC AFL get him on pick 267, becasue all the other clubs will have to donate 15 draft picks each and send all Qlders home to satisfy AFL

Are you spelling their names wrong on purpose?

If i was Scully i would love to come to a club with our young talent.

And Jurrah would get a game in EVERY teams forwward line. A fit Wona would be in most teams 22.

were not pinning our future on 1 guy, were pinning our future on 2. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, if you look at the young guys who have yet to play with us and the ones we hope to get in this draft, we're pinning our hopes on 8-12. If even half of these kids show us what we hope they will we're going to have a seriously good side. Our current midfielders will be struggling to find a spot in that lineup. Miller and Newton will be gone. The only real weakness might be the ruck, but if Spencer works out that may be taken care of already.

Actually, if you look at the young guys who have yet to play with us and the ones we hope to get in this draft, we're pinning our hopes on 8-12. If even half of these kids show us what we hope they will we're going to have a seriously good side. Our current midfielders will be struggling to find a spot in that lineup. Miller and Newton will be gone. The only real weakness might be the ruck, but if Spencer works out that may be taken care of already.

Id say JTR was being a little sarcastic but yes your right.

The less said about the game today, the better. I love my footy but it was a total chore to be there. Absolute zero atmosphere. The attendance figure of 16500 was flattering considering the quality of the game. I was bored after about 5 minutes. Didn't care.

Let's just move on. We did what we had to do. It's done. Next year please.

Fine, I'll relax. I'll just accept that taking poundings is what we do. I could get used to it eventaully. All this time I was letting it get to me, when all I had to do was accept mediocrity. :)

No Don't accept Mediocraty, but this year 2009 was and is all about getting new players & putting more experience into the young kids.

It was always going to be ugly, but at least we have given ourselves a good chance in this last draft.

Unlike Richmond & North who will be right out in the cold within 2 years.

I am expecting wins next year, don't worry. only 3 more weeks of this annus horribilous left.

Just be patient a little longer....

:lol:

I said this time 'next' year...

I must agree though, Blease has been a 'huge' disappointment considering the amount of opportunities he's had this year..

You're kidding aren't you? :unsure: