Tankomania

Yze_Magic

Run home for those in the mix for high pick.

Have bolded games they play against each other.

WC - Ess, WB, NM, Adel, Rich

NM - Carl, Melb, WC, StK, PA

Rich - Melb, Syd, Coll, Haw, WC

Melb - Rich, NM, Freo, Carl, StK

Freo - WB, PA, Melb, Ess, Geel

Edited by Yze_Magic

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run home for those in the mix for high pick.

Have bolded games they play against each other.

WC - PA, Freo, Ess, WB, NM, Adel, Rich

NM - Rich, BL, Carl, Melb, WC, StK, PA

Rich - NM, Ess, Melb, Syd, Coll, Haw, WC

Melb - Geel, Syd, Rich, NM, Freo, Carl, StK

Freo - BL, WC, WB, PA, Melb, Ess, Geel

Freo might get 1 more, we'll get 2, WC at least 1 (maybe 2). I think we'll finish 14th, miss the PP and get pick 3. Freo and Tigers to finish below us.

I just can't see us losing to Freo at the MCG.

This puts the priority pick in a precarious position as we can't win any other games.

At the same time, I can't see Freo beating WC either after the eagles' effort today against the saints.

That would prevent them from getting a priority pick.

Its just too hard to predict.

Earlier in the season Freo looked too good to win less than 5, and 2 weeks ago we looked like we might go the rest of the season without another win.

Freo will not win another game this year.

Doesn't matter so long as we don't win more than four and West Coast win the Derby.

We have a midfield that lacks class but that is winning it's fair share of the ball. We now have a ruckman who is competitive. We have a forwardline that is functioning and looking more dangerous than it has for a long time but still lacks a key target. Our back line is fairly strong.

Most importantly we have rediscovered that intensity at the ball and man are required to win games of football. We are playing with increased confidence and the run that it evokes.

If we continue to play in this manner I reckon we are a big chance to win another 2 or 3. We obviously lack a lot of class, strength and experience but so do a few of our impending opposition.

We have a midfield that lacks class but that is winning it's fair share of the ball. We now have a ruckman who is competitive. We have a forwardline that is functioning and looking more dangerous than it has for a long time but still lacks a key target. Our back line is fairly strong.

Most importantly we have rediscovered that intensity at the ball and man are required to win games of football. We are playing with increased confidence and the run that it evokes.

If we continue to play in this manner I reckon we are a big chance to win another 2 or 3. We obviously lack a lot of class, strength and experience but so do a few of our impending opposition.

Every one of those positives came about because of the lack of competitiveness of our opposition. When we play the Cats, Blues, Saints etc etc we will return to the same kind of form we've seen all year. ie an honourable loss at best.

The problem is, we are a dead-set certainty to win against Freo over here. There is just no way we could ever possibly lose that. They play the G even worse than the Power.

So that means we can't win against the Toigs or North. And THAT'S assuming we lose to the Swans (at Manuka), Saints, Cats and Blues.

I think Scully won't play for the demons.

Must be time to kick into List Management mode!

We should all call the Herald Sun and tell them we saw Davey, Bruce, Jurrah, Green, Grimes, Morton, McLean & Jamar at the Spearmint Rhino until 2am.

7 weeks intra club suspension for all of them.

I can't see us beating the Tigers or North. Freo will be our fourth win of the season, and the rest are pretty safe losses against sides that want the points for their finals campaigns.

Can't agree.................I see us beating both those teams!

I'm nervous. As much as I want to win... I want Scully sooooo bad. Although I would probably settle for Trengrove. 3rd pick, I'll probably cry a wee bit.

I really wouldn't mind settling for both actually...

Scully & Morabito, thats my dream result.

I think I know why we're playing 'well' now, because alot of the alsorands in the team know that if the Dees pick up the priority picks then their careers might go down the tube...

I disagree.

Out of interest, how many of the players you're referring to were instrumental in our win today?

EDIT: Apparently these were named as the best for us on AFL.com.au:

'Melbourne: Bruce, Jurrah, McLean, Petterd, Moloney, Jamar, Green, Frawley'.

Few Rogue but i cannot understand why they would be winning games of football now?

Wheatley

Robbo

If only we could do it like Freo *shakes head*

I cannot see us losing to Freo at the G and that would make it 4 wins...

Plus North are able to play well enough to then lose games and we could beat them to make it 5.

Its difficult because the coach has a big say in this, he could tell em not to win but they arent. In the end I guess the coach will be to blame if we win 5.

I pray I am wrong and we win 4.

Few Rogue but i cannot understand why they would be winning games of football

now?

We've played quite well in most matches - ignore our slump which began on QB and we've generally given a competitive effort.

However, it's not like we're suddenly a form side of the comp. Who have we beaten the past two weeks? Two interstate sides who have travelled to the 'G. West Coast are fellow strugglers this season and Port's got a terrible record away.

Wheatley

Robbo

I don't think Wheatley had much influence on the game and Robbo's impact wasn't game-breaking - I think he's put in better efforts this season.

I cannot see us losing to Freo at the G and that would make it 4 wins...

Plus North are able to play well enough to then lose games and we could beat them to make it 5.

I agree - it's a massive concern.

Its difficult because the coach has a big say in this, he could tell em not to win but they arent. In the end I guess the coach will be to blame if we win 5.

The coach can't say that!

However, what the coach can do is pull moves at selection and during the game which will make it likely we won't win.

Not that I necessarily agree players would play better for this reason, but one extra pick in the top 5 will most likely mean we will drop one extra player than we otherwise would have.

As others have mentioned, we'll beat Freo at the G. We could beat North, but I doubt it.

The Richmond game is the key. Whether it be by list management, or Richmond winning on their merits, I reckon we will lose that game.

I still reckon that Scully will be a Dee. But I'm very nervous.

As others have mentioned, we'll beat Freo at the G. We could beat North, but I doubt it.

The Richmond game is the key. Whether it be by list management, or Richmond winning on their merits, I reckon we will lose that game.

I still reckon that Scully will be a Dee. But I'm very nervous.

You said yourself after the Tigers loss (I saw it in a bumped thread) that you saw Scully in Yellow and Black.

The colours may changed to purple, green, and white...

We must lose the Tigers game but its Green's 200th, and LJ's jumper presentation. It's going to be hard to lose.

And we can't get much younger - Casey has only Watts, Bail, and Cheney up and running. The rest are injured.

God, I hate PA...

Edited by rpfc

You said yourself after the Tigers loss (I saw it in a bumped thread) that you saw Scully in Yellow and Black.

I think I would have said that Richmond were still a very good chance for the spoon, but I doubt I said that I saw "Scully in Richmond colours".

The bottom line is we don't need to win the spoon to still get Scully.

I think I would have said that Richmond were still a very good chance for the spoon, but I doubt I said that I saw "Scully in Richmond colours".

The bottom line is we don't need to win the spoon to still get Scully.

True, but we do have to lose to the Tigers.

That will be one game I go to that I will hate to be at.

I hope Richo is back...

And Tambling continue his emergence...

And Mitch Morton goes nuts...

And Jack Riewoldt stops being awful...

Freo were up by 9 goals against us last year at the G.

We don't have Aussie playing, and he was instrumental in that win.

As long as they have Pav and Sandi playing, nothing is certain.