Team Changes v Port Adelaide

I got the idea , reading betwen lines in Baileys utterances of late that others may be ahead of Jack to break back in. Why ? well.. we can all make assumptions and offer guesses. I think there is simply some validity in Watts needing to focus on his VCE and he can get back on th epaddock when its appropriate. I would expect Bailey to start conducting his own MFC-VCE viability & competency exams !! He will need to start the weeding process about now, whilst all the whiles looking like we are trying to win but maintaining the "management"

People calling for Jetta to be dropped need to have another look at the WCE game. His pressure in the forward line was fantastic and he also set up a couple of goals. He is just what we need without Wonna and Davey playing further up the ground, leave him to play for the rest of the year!!!

Agree, I thought Jetta was fantastic. Played his best game so far. Really good defensive pressure, great tackling, and some sublime inside-50 passes.

In: Watts/Cheney

Out: Sylvia

I'd prefer to see a youngster than a has-been (therefore Bell, Whelan, Dunn and Newton are all excluded).

Just one change for me:

OUT: Sylvia (susp)

IN: Dunn

I'd really like for Watts to come straight back in, but i honestly can't see it happening. Had Hughes not missed last week, i'd have thrown his name in the mix too, but again very doubtful. Like titan_uranus, i'd also rather see a youngster than a 'has-been' get a gig, but i think now's the time for the FD to start weeding out those guys and giving final opportunities, so i can definitely see a Dunn, Bell or even Newton playing.

Bell would be unlucky to miss after his BOG performances recently, but Dunn for Sylvia is more of a like-for-like selection as mid/forwards, and Dunn has been consistently as good as Bell in the VFL. Not sure what role we'd have for Belly if he were selected. Not that i rate Dunn, but i think he's more likely to stay on next year than Bell.

Agree with those who think Morton looks like he could use a rest, but also can't see that happening.

I know i'll be alone on this one, but i wouldn't mind seeing PJ come back in for the 2nd ruck spot, so we can settle Martin in the forward line for 4 quarters. Doubt it will happen, PJ would probably need to string a few great games together before coming back.

Edited by Doggo

Yup.

Bring in PJ, Bell and Newton as well.

Is Chris Connolly eligible to play? Colin Garland perhaps? where is 426 when we need him??

The worry with Newton is he might have a day out and hit form!

I'm worried about Cale Morton, he's really dropped off in the last 3 games after excellent form earlier, and was the one player who didn't lift last week. If anyone else has to be out this week, it's him. Casey's playing the second bottom team Frankston, he'll dominate this game and play himself back into form & confidence.

The two biggest question marks in terms of whether they stay next year are Valenti & Dunn IMO, so to help us decide, they should come in as straight swaps for Col'n'Cale respectively. An argument could be made along similar lines for Bell instead of either of them, though I'm one of those who's written Bell off for next year so I tend not to see him as a "question mark".

Much as I like Jack, it's not essential that he comes back this week. What IS essential is that we sort out the situation of some fringe players re 2010 and beyond over what's left of the season.

I'm worried about Cale Morton, he's really dropped off in the last 3 games after excellent form earlier, and was the one player who didn't lift last week. If anyone else has to be out this week, it's him. Casey's playing the second bottom team Frankston, he'll dominate this game and play himself back into form & confidence.

Wouldn't be too worried. Cale is still young, learning and developing. His form will drop from time to time and I'm happy that the selection commitee are showing faith in him. Being pushed out to Casey could have as much a negative effect as it could positive.

Wouldn't be too worried. Cale is still young, learning and developing. His form will drop from time to time and I'm happy that the selection commitee are showing faith in him. Being pushed out to Casey could have as much a negative effect as it could positive.

Agreed.

He has been played in different roles this year, and is adapting as well as can be expected from a second year player who rivals Kate Moss for skin-folds.

I know there have been some questions raised in regards to his urgency and hardness at the ball, but on Saturday he laid 4 tackles, which was the team average. Not all of them hurt the opposition, but I definitely thought the endeavor was there.

He also runs incredibly hard. From memory he covered over 13km on Saturday. Incredible stuff for a kid still developing his engine.

As long as he is able to get hands on the ball and use it well, and as long as he keeps running to the right spots, he should stay in the side. We have got to pump as much experience as possible into these kids and now is the time to do it.