• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes against the Hawks

Red Legs

Both these kids need to be rotated, I think right now they are sharing Wona's role until he is back.

I agree. I like Maric, but I see him and Jetta rotating for the time being and I reckon Jetta is ready for another shot and Maric is the one to make way.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the changes are obvious for this weekend:

In: Green, Rivers, Bennell

Out: Dunn, Valenti, Petard.

I think Valenti is unlucky as he has had only one run in the seniors and did a few nice things, however, he did not get anywhere near enough ball for a midfielder on a day in which the MFC won the midfield and in doing so clocked up record posession. Valenti needs to take his opportunity. This time he did not, but I a certain he will get a couple more chances before the season is done.

I dunno about Maric. It's a bit of a conundrum for me. On the one hand, I think there's a lot of potential in him. But on the other hand, he's shown very little in his 3 matches to date. I think I'm placing too much value on my expectations of him and not enough on what he's actually doing.

I tought he was alright on Sunday. Not brilliant but on a couple of occasions showed some talent. That quick little kick when surrounded by Dogs to set up a goal was all class.

I agree. I like Maric, but I see him and Jetta rotating for the time being and I reckon Jetta is ready for another shot and Maric is the one to make way.

Maric has better skills and has 4 goals in 3 games

Jetta has 3 goals in 5 games and coming off an average performance for Casey.

Maric deserves to stay

As far as impact goes he probably isn't at Jetta's level right now.

But he skills are better than Jetta's so he fits the game plan better.

Both these kids need to be rotated, I think right now they are sharing Wona's role until he is back. But it's a really good chance to see what they have got. Especially Jetta who is more of a midfielder than a forward.

It will be interesting to see what happens this week in regards to Maric. I guess you could say he's warming Wonna's seat, but there's no way that the three of them are fighting for one spot. I'd leave Maric in for one or two more weeks to give him a bit more time at AFL level.

Maric is a smart footballer, to highlights from the week end, the handball to Bate for the first goal, I was right in that MCC pocket and the weight on the handball and the pressure he was under it made me go wow. Then the little kick to Petterd in the last. This kid will be very good, play him until the break and assess from there.

Maric has better skills and has 4 goals in 3 games

Jetta has 3 goals in 5 games and coming off an average performance for Casey.

Maric deserves to stay

I agree that Maric has better skills and I'm a Maric fan.

I heard Jetta played well yesterday. Were you there ?

nobody seems to be talking about dropping Bate this week. Very strange. I think i'd do a swap, Bate for Green. Put green in the forward six to play on Hodge. Not only does he have the run and defensive skills to shut him down, but he is a legitimate scoring threat.

This has to be a joke post?

Bate = Best forward by 2 straights on SAT. Room for both. But good work its taken 2 days for somebody to get into him.

Green onto hodge would work if hodge was to play. They might play on each other 10 rows back on the HFF.

I agree that Maric has better skills and I'm a Maric fan.

I heard Jetta played well yesterday. Were you there ?

Yes I was. Jetta was OK hence the average comment, but missed an easy one and turned the ball over a bit. Kicked a goal so not all bad but probably not enough to warrant an immediate return.

In: Bennell, Rivers/McNamara

Out: Dunn, Bruce

Dunn has been around long enough to be showing more than he is - Time for a run at Casey to get some confidence back - And hopefully some nuts. Rivers to replace if fit, otherwise McNamara to debut.

Bruce to be given a rest to work on his skills and allow Valenti more game time on the Ball. Bennell obvious inclusion to continue improvement after West Coast game.

I can taste Melbournes first rising Star nomination for 2009....

Dunn has been around long enough to be showing more than he is - Time for a run at Casey to get some confidence back - And hopefully some nuts. Rivers to replace if fit, otherwise McNamara to debut.

Bruce to be given a rest to work on his skills and allow Valenti more game time on the Ball. Bennell obvious inclusion to continue improvement after West Coast game.

Nonsense.

What game were you at or were you at the game. Bruce played a much better game Saturday. Showed some of those silky skills we used to see as well felt he was an influence rather than being the liability that he has been.

i dont think we should drop petterd or maric...

maric has got some great little goals (incl that great last qtr goal agaisnt WC)

we have to give these players a really solid string of games before we drop 'em.

i would love to see petterd off half back/midfield...remember how good he was in his first game against sydney...i want that bloke back in action

i rate petterd very highly, as i do with maric...just give them a run FCS

This has to be a joke post?

Bate = Best forward by 2 straights on SAT. Room for both. But good work its taken 2 days for somebody to get into him.

Green onto hodge would work if hodge was to play. They might play on each other 10 rows back on the HFF.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o:wacko::blink:

The only player who is a chance to play from the VFL is Bell, Jetta is a very poor kick and that is what will stop him from making it at AFL level and Jamar only had about 60% of game time so he still not ready. Bell should have played against the dogs we didn't have good match ups on Welsh or Aka and it was just pure luck that Murphy got injured cause we didn't have a match up for him either. The Hawks are a bit different cause only Williams is their mid sized forward so I would take a risk and play Grimes on him. Bennell must play he adds too much run for him not to be in. We need Rivers to help out Warnock and Martin. I don't think they should rush Green so he should still be a couple of weeks away. I don't understand why they are playing Valenti with the way our midfield is playing I think he will continue to have limited game time. Dunn has to be dropped he is not doing enough and Petterd should be the unlucky one to miss, Bell will be a bit unlucky too.

nobody seems to be talking about dropping Bate this week. Very strange. I think i'd do a swap, Bate for Green. Put green in the forward six to play on Hodge. Not only does he have the run and defensive skills to shut him down, but he is a legitimate scoring threat.

You're right.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone...

No-one wanting to drop a bloke who kicked 4 straight and provided a target all day long, getting two contested grabs?

They're crazy.

Bate's best game since the PA game. Still has plenty of deficiencies but did some very good things.

Yeah the kids doing well, run with it, see how long he can keep it up, might last the season.. reckon he might be our 2nd rising star nom-Bennell, behind Grimesy, if Morton isn't still eligable??

INs: Bennell, Bell, McNamara, Green (obv. if ready)

OUTs: Dunn, Petterd, Miller, Valenti (if Green is ready)

Bell, saw him early on as a potential 'michael voss' type middy- in and outside, big body. but he's never delivered. Last week could have been the turning point at Casey. Took a Valenti type role and did it better. Time for them to swap back.

Petterd IMO, most of what he does is great, but just needs to find it a bit more. Couple of weeks in the magoos wouldn't hurt, see if he can add that extra 5-10 useful possies per game.

Dunn, hassn't progressed. GC Bait.

Miller runs all day, but this is Footy, not athletics. Should have gone with Godfrey and Holland..

Can we give bruce a chance, now that for the 1st time in years we actually have a game plan and he actually has some decent players to kick to??

Yeah the kids doing well, run with it, see how long he can keep it up, might last the season.. reckon he might be our 2nd rising star nom-Bennell, behind Grimesy, if Morton isn't still eligable??

INs: Bennell, Bell, McNamara, Green (obv. if ready)

OUTs: Dunn, Petterd, Miller, Valenti (if Green is ready)

Bell, saw him early on as a potential 'michael voss' type middy- in and outside, big body. but he's never delivered. Last week could have been the turning point at Casey. Took a Valenti type role and did it better. Time for them to swap back.

Petterd IMO, most of what he does is great, but just needs to find it a bit more. Couple of weeks in the magoos wouldn't hurt, see if he can add that extra 5-10 useful possies per game.

Dunn, hassn't progressed. GC Bait.

Miller runs all day, but this is Footy, not athletics. Should have gone with Godfrey and Holland..

Can we give bruce a chance, now that for the 1st time in years we actually have a game plan and he actually has some decent players to kick to??

You've dropped Miller and petterd but haven;t brought in a replacement forward. Miller will not get dropped. less said the better, but petterd will be on thin ice.

On seeing casey last week the only one i can see coming in is bell. Hughes looked good with ten marks but is on the rookie list.

Bennel and green might be options if fit!

I think I just saw our best effort for 2009 against highly rated opposition, maybe better than most of 2008 as well... but we have supporters making wholesale changes... BRUCE!!!!! what the???? MILLER????? The only sure inclusions are Green and Rivers if fit. I grant that Petterd may be rested (NOT DROPPED!!) for the same reasons that Bennell was rested... a body that has taken hits for the team throughout the opening rounds! Now... next cab off the rank BENNELL!!!! Rested... GET IT!!!!! Bell and Jamar will be considered at the selection meeting because one played well and one offers team balance if ready. So I reckon it all hinges on Green and Rivers medical reports. We may get a simple Green for Petterd result.

You've dropped Miller and petterd but haven;t brought in a replacement forward. Miller will not get dropped. less said the better, but petterd will be on thin ice.

On seeing casey last week the only one i can see coming in is bell. Hughes looked good with ten marks but is on the rookie list.

Bennel and green might be options if fit!

The replacement forward is Green, who was actually still our leading goalkicker 2 weeks after his injury and doing a great job. Good place to get back up to speed as well, in the forward line rather than in the thick of it.

McNamara is kicking goals too, even off half-back, so i could see him starting his afl career across half-forward using his height and speed. (doing what Dunn should be doing?)

Yep shame about Danny Hughes too, whos killin 'em but still on the rookie list and therefore can't play senior footy. Think he would of been a bit better choise than valenti, who IMO needs to somehow add another trick to his bag. At casey.

What game were you at or were you at the game. Bruce played a much better game Saturday. Showed some of those silky skills we used to see as well felt he was an influence rather than being the liability that he has been.

Bottom line, I want Bennell back in and Dunn Out.

Also wanted to make space in the midfield for Valenti to get more of an opportunity on the ball (Rivers in for Bruce).

I was there on Saturday, and granted I was feeling the effects of a reasonable amount of Frothies, I thought ALL of our midfield performed well. So with the dilemma of dropping a solid performer from the midfield, I narrowed the field to those who probably wont play a big part in our next finals campaign... McDonald and Bruce... Macca Captain hence Bruce Out.

For the record, I have been a LONG term fan of Bruce, and I thought he had a solid game on Saturday, but in my mind its all about the youth this year - My view is not driven only by the previous weeks effort.

This is the first time in a long time that I have seen depth in our playing list.....

we lost frawley and rivers but matched up well because of the dogs small forward line. yes rivers is an automatic selection, wheelan was solid today but is not part of big picture so outs are wheelan, dunn , valenti , ins are green , rivers , bennell

The beauty of Wheels is that he has that experience and the leadership to help the young backline at the moment. He has to play with them. I would not leave Wheels out.

Bottom line, I want Bennell back in and Dunn Out.

Also wanted to make space in the midfield for Valenti to get more of an opportunity on the ball (Rivers in for Bruce).

I was there on Saturday, and granted I was feeling the effects of a reasonable amount of Frothies, I thought ALL of our midfield performed well. So with the dilemma of dropping a solid performer from the midfield, I narrowed the field to those who probably wont play a big part in our next finals campaign... McDonald and Bruce... Macca Captain hence Bruce Out.

For the record, I have been a LONG term fan of Bruce, and I thought he had a solid game on Saturday, but in my mind its all about the youth this year - My view is not driven only by the previous weeks effort.

This is the first time in a long time that I have seen depth in our playing list.....

Bruce will not get dropped. He would have to be in the top 5 in the Bluey at the moment.

I am much less enthused about our midfield than many others - they were absolutely smashed in the clearances in the second half and I believe the Dogs kicked approx. 8 goals directly from clearances in the game. When we were smashed by PA, I think the number was 3 or 4.

Moloney is having a great year, Jones a better year than 2008, and McLean is steadily getting better but they must rectify this or risk their place in the team long term. Because they suddenly can't become outside mids - Morton and Davey are simply better, and quicker, than they are.