Casey Scorpions at Frankston

Steamin Demon

Did any serious posters here see the 2s???

HM goals did Watts kick.

Any other highlights NB re Demon players???

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HM goals did Watts kick.

Watts didn't kick a goal. He played away from goals and did well.

Rohan Bail played for the ressies and he was named their best. Zomer also played in that game and did well kicking 2 goals.

In the main game, it's quarter time and Casey kicking with the wind kicked 5.3.33 to 0.0.0 (Robbo 3, Hughes, Silvagni 1).

We'll have a better indication by half time because it'sblowing a gale straight down the ground to the Young Street end where Casey was kicking in the first term.

HM goals did Watts kick.

Frankston 0.2 2.5 3.5 4.7 (31)

Casey Scorpions 2.5 4.5 8.11 8.12 (60)

GOALS:

Frankston: Potts 2 Morris 2

Casey Scorpions: Zomer 2 Oldmeadow 2 Blaser Scanlon Snow Bolton

BEST:

Frankston: Hibberd Potts Bosward Rogasch Hobbs Sienkiewicz

Casey Scorpions: Bail Blaser Williams Zomer Watts Oldmeadow

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Frankston: nil

Casey Scorpions: nil

Half Time and Casey were scoreless that quarter while Frankston piled on 5 goals 6 behinds to lead by 3 points.

It's well nigh on impossible to score against the wind which is blowing straight off Port Phillip Bay. The game's a shocker too!

Off to the canteen to see if the hot dogs are better than the standard of football.

Half Time and Casey were scoreless that quarter while Frankston piled on 5 goals 6 behinds to lead by 3 points.

It's well nigh on impossible to score against the wind which is blowing straight off Port Phillip Bay. The game's a shocker too!

Off to the canteen to see if the hot dogs are better than the standard of football.

still cant get online radio to load, had two 9-minute blocks in 3+half hrs!! so again, much appriciated for all the updates again from kc, demonland and others..

CS 62 to F 36

Robbo just booted a magnificent goal after the Dolphons kicked the first score against the wind - a goal.

Casey 11.9.75 to Frankston 6.6.42 at three quarter time.

Goals Robertson 4 Silvagni 3 Hughes McNamara Wanaeamirri Wall

It's anyone's game but that Frankston goal against the wind could be crucial.

Must be my com, which up-2-the-minute.. go figure! ;) bloody computers

It's probably optimised for Windows 2000, SP3, WMP 6.4. After changing a few file associations it was working for me last week for 1 1/2 quarters then just stopped mid-buffer and would not work again. I checked the ABC stream which was fine. If I drive the car about a mile I can use the radio which is much easier.

Did Grimes end up playing?

Grimes did end up playing a fair game in the conditions.

Robbo was easily the best of the Demons. A certainty to play next week.

Frankston 0.0 5.6 6.6 8.9 (57)

Casey Scorpions 5.3 5.3 11.9 14.12 (96)

GOALS:

Frankston: Lourey 2 Dickson 2 Berry 2 Magner Pollard

Casey Scorpions: Robertson 5 Silvagni 3 Hughes 2 McNamara Wall WONAEAMIRRI Vernon

BEST:

Frankston: Ablett Casboult Baguley Lombardozzi Dickson Ongarello

Casey Scorpions: Matthews Wall Robertson Valenti Silvagni Stockdale

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Frankston: Nil

Casey Scorpions: Nil

Did Grimes end up playing?

Yes Grimes played, showed some class but it was horrendous conditions with the strength of the wind absolutely howling goal to goal. Trees were down all over the place. Nearly impossible to kick the ball let alone kick it well.

Robbo looks ready to be recalled based on the need for him in the seniors up against all the current heavyweights in the next month or so. I would ideally prefer him to have one more week to further regain match fitness, but I think he'll be with the DEES.

Hughes did some nice stuff early. Wonnaemirri moved well in the first.

Casey 2nds,

Zomer played a good game this week, down back & in the ruck. Put in a good effort contesting hard, etc. He could, IF HE WANTS IT, maybe make something of himself, if he can make sure he keeps his motivation up.

Wheels played in the 2nds & got through.

Rohan Bail played & seemed to get through the game OK.

Healey played.

Buckley played limited game time.

Robbo looks ready to be recalled based on the need for him in the seniors up against all the current heavyweights in the next month or so. I would ideally prefer him to have one more week to further regain match fitness, but I think he'll be with the DEES.

That's great news, lord knows we need him after the tripe that Newton and Bate served up today.

That's great news, lord knows we need him after the tripe that Newton and Bate served up today.

Yeah, I think he's probably ready to play, but, I would give him spells on the bench each Qtr.

Bell also got through, & Buckley played limited game time in the 2nds.

IMO Grimes - back - 2 more games with Casey

IMO Robbo - ready

IMO Bell - one more game for touch with Casey

IMO Maric - because of the timeframe of those players coming back must get a run next match.

IMO Wheels - 3 more games for match fitness @ Casey

IMO Buckley - 3 - 4 games with Casey

IMO Wonaeamirri - Min' 2 more games with Casey to ease the work load as he rehabs from the 'Hammy'.

Saw the ressies and the first half of the seniors. Conditions were horrendous. A bit of rain, but the wind was very powerful. It was impossible to kick the ball any further than 25 metres into the wind, but goals were regularly kicked comfortably from 70 metres with the wind. Zomer's goals were from about 70 out and would have gone through about 3/4 post height.

Watts played the first quarter at full forward but didn't really get into it at all. After that he played as a defensive wingman, often setting up behind the ball and on the defensive side of stoppages. Was pretty good there, especially with his use of the ball which was the best in the side alongside Bail. Has very good hands, but didn't go into many marking contests. Only would have played about 75% of the game.

The best player on the field was Bail by a country mile.Last game I saw him play he was BOG for the VFL seniors, so he is a cut above this level. So much more classy than any other midfielder on the field and won a stack of it too.

Buckley played a half. Wrecker got through a full game and was very solid down back. Healey came into the game more as it went on. He's very clean inside stoppages and is very good and quick by hand. Zomer rucked and really boke the play apart with some big inside runs which broke play up. Showed excellent speed, but needs to use that in a key position to dominate.

We clearly don't need two "in-case-of-emergency" players to sit out the VFL match.

Hopefully this means Maric will be in as a late change.

Spencer hurt his foot during the week and I assume Maric was kept out in case Bartram didn't play.

Saw the ressies and the first half of the seniors. Conditions were horrendous. A bit of rain, but the wind was very powerful. It was impossible to kick the ball any further than 25 metres into the wind, but goals were regularly kicked comfortably from 70 metres with the wind. Zomer's goals were from about 70 out and would have gone through about 3/4 post height.

Watts played the first quarter at full forward but didn't really get into it at all. After that he played as a defensive wingman, often setting up behind the ball and on the defensive side of stoppages. Was pretty good there, especially with his use of the ball which was the best in the side alongside Bail. Has very good hands, but didn't go into many marking contests. Only would have played about 75% of the game.

The best player on the field was Bail by a country mile.Last game I saw him play he was BOG for the VFL seniors, so he is a cut above this level. So much more classy than any other midfielder on the field and won a stack of it too.

Buckley played a half. Wrecker got through a full game and was very solid down back. Healey came into the game more as it went on. He's very clean inside stoppages and is very good and quick by hand. Zomer rucked and really boke the play apart with some big inside runs which broke play up. Showed excellent speed, but needs to use that in a key position to dominate.

I watched Watts too, and it did seem that he was not going into any contests. Maybe he was told not too, looked soft as feathers to me.

Oh thanks genius.

wel if you didnt need it pointed out why did you bother writing it? one of the biggest wastes of a post i have ever seen.

you may have well written that meese looks really tall when standing next to jones and mclean in the midfield, or that its amazing how red bates hair is when you ompare him to buckley.