Brad Miller

Jaded No More

It's been a while since we've had a Brad Miller thread.

Just thought I'd start one up and pump up his tires a bit for what has been a good season for him so far.

Yes, his goal kicking is dodgy (it's definitely a confidence thing!), but nobody works as hard as Miller.

That he ran to the goal square in the last to punch the Tiger ball over the line was just a great example of how much work Miller does on and off the ball, which often goes unrewarded. In a good team, with better supply, and better forwards around him, Miller would easily be a 3-goals a game forward. That he is doing it anyway on his own, is an absolute credit to him.

Well done Milsy!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Really, really happy with his game today. I just hope that he can get some more belief into himself about his boot. He could really hurt some sides if kicks just that little bit straighter.

Really, really happy with his game today. I just hope that he can get some more belief into himself about his boot. He could really hurt some sides if kicks just that little bit straighter.

Yep, he was super today. Loved his work ethic, and presented hard all game.

If he could just get that kicking right, he could have finished Richmond off earlier today.

theres only one bloke who bleeds red and blue more and thats beamer. Miller has one of the biggest engines of any tall in the game. Just can't wait for him to be able to play a bit further up the park when robbo is back (hopefully next week)

I'm impressed with his leadership and ability to take big marks and kick big goals, but those simple goals during not-so-important times that he misses hurt his credentials. I don't think he should ever be playing from the goal square. He plays his best when he is leading along the wing.

Couple of years ago, I was a critic, but hes proved me wrong which is great, continues to stand up and was brilliant for us today.

Just thought I'd start one up and pump up his tires a bit for what has been a good season for him so far.

Yes, his goal kicking is dodgy (it's definitely a confidence thing!), but nobody works as hard as Miller.

That he ran to the goal square in the last to punch the Tiger ball over the line was just a great example of how much work Miller does on and off the ball, which often goes unrewarded. In a good team, with better supply, and better forwards around him, Miller would easily be a 3-goals a game forward. That he is doing it anyway on his own, is an absolute credit to him.

Well done Milsy!

Miller played an outstanding game, but , those two misses in the second half were not good enough, bugger all angle. should have been 5-1. that kind of stuff lets sides back in. this is why in other threads i have been advocating picking up another key forward in the draft this year. yes im happy with the win but this must be highlighted during the review which im sure it will be.

Miller played an outstanding game, but , those two misses in the second half were not good enough, bugger all angle. should have been 5-1. that kind of stuff lets sides back in. this is why in other threads i have been advocating picking up another key forward in the draft this year. yes im happy with the win but this must be highlighted during the review which im sure it will be.

Agree, but it was obviously a very tricky wind, those 3 posters in a row could have been costly as well. Having said that, Frosty really seems to have sorted out his aggression on the field by channelling it into his game rather than trying to make clumsy statements and getting reported like in the past

Showing all the characteristics of a true leader. Sensational workrate today. Just needs to nail those set shots and be confident without trying to give off or play on from inside 50! If he improves in that regard, he could be a real handful up forward as our midfield continues to improve!

Agree, but it was obviously a very tricky wind, those 3 posters in a row could have been costly as well. Having said that, Frosty really seems to have sorted out his aggression on the field by channelling it into his game rather than trying to make clumsy statements and getting reported like in the past

good point about his agression, but im not buying into the `tricky wind`, only saw second half in which those two easy misses took place, he had allready kicked both ends so he should have had a feel for it plus its not as if those shots were from out side 50

Well done Milsy!

I actually have nothing really to add to that.......

But given some of the whopping fights I have had for this guy in here, I just wanted to jump in to congratulate him on a truly wonderful game.

It make me so proud to see him play like that (set shots notwithstanding) and to show his great leadership capabilities.

So I'll just second Jaded here in saying very well done Millsy :D !!!

He is doing better than I ever though possible as a stop-gap forward until Watts and co. are ready.

Yes, his goal kicking is dodgy (it's definitely a confidence thing!), but nobody works as hard as Miller. That he ran to the goal square in the last to punch the Tiger ball over the line was just a great example of how much work Miller does on and off the ball, which often goes unrewarded. In a good team, with better supply, and better forwards around him, Miller would easily be a 3-goals a game forward. That he is doing it anyway on his own, is an absolute credit to him.

Well done Milsy!

Yes, he played well. Although, you can take the blinkers off Jaded, if you think no one else in the side works 'as hard' as Miller. the likes of Rivers, McLean and Moloney work just as hard. So too Green & Bruce.

I agree with your view if there were better forwards around him, he'd be a better forward. Even better if the delivery was Davey-like - like on Sunday.

really happy with him. Just wish he would he wouldnt have a brain fades like the shoddy handpass to a guy under pressure! but this seems to be happening less than before

He wishes that too. Everyone makes mistakes now and then. McLean failed to hit him when it mattered too, after Miller made good position (sailing over his head).

And a left foot goal!!!!!!!!!!!

That gave him confidence and he was well and truly pumped when it sailed through. He loved that one.

Marked by a former champion in the cheer squad as I recall!

Well done Miller - lots of past critics that you have converted to supporters. Keep up the work rate and intensity!

Easily B.O. G. sunday. Was everywhere in the last quater when it looked shaky. Leadership!!!!

The handballing isn't as big an issue as it was a few years ago. He did it once or twice, but another time, it was Petterd who the commentators mistook for Miller, and Tim Watson had a field day.

Set shots aren't great at the moment, but they were fine last year. He kicked a few very important goals when needed in our Fremantle and Brisbane wins.

Yes, he played well. Although, you can take the blinkers off Jaded, if you think no one else in the side works 'as hard' as Miller. the likes of Rivers, McLean and Moloney work just as hard. So too Green & Bruce.

IMO he is actually the best on-field leader we have, and he does work harder than most because being stranded in a forwardline that often gets [censored] or no delivery, is very tough. Especially when he is often double-teamed.

He always manages to somehow get into the match, even when the game is going against us, and you know you'll get a contest from him every single time, whether he can or can't mark the ball coming his way.

That he ran the length of the ground to punch that ball through in the dying minutes of the match just shows how desperate he is to help out the team.

I know he is probably not a good enough player, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was made captain next season (although I'm still firmly on Brock's bandwagon!). He just embodies everything I hope to see in a footballer in terms of character.