Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Miller

Jaded No More

Just wondering if anyone seriously thinks he is a good player.. im not comparing him to champions like carey ablett etc, to be honest i dont care how much he works. if he doesnt impact the scoreboard enough, or impact the play enough over 4 quarters instead of junk time i really cant rate him anything but a liability to the club.. have a look at the games Vs goals and see how good he is doing.. And dont give me any lame excuses like he runs around alot or he doesntget good delivery.. Neither does RIcho but he still kicks goals and he is a terrible kick... how many times does miller take a mark and then go back waste 20 seconds and then make a poor discesion anyway? or lately playing on with no awarness of who is near him.. or playing on from 20meters out and getting dumped.. personally i thoink the club has wasted to much time and effort for not enough return.. bate and miller 50 meters out.. hmmm bate has a ping and goes close . miller goes back on the mark wastes time they flood the backline then he handpassses to some who immediatly gets tackled..sound familiar?? who really thinks miller will ever.. on his best day out against freo at the g kick more than 4 goals in a match?? he doesnt look confident when he has the ball, meesen looks more comfortable with it than miller.

Know this might have seemed like a massive miller bash. but i am very objective person..

he has strentgths for sure, good kick when he has time, good mark when he is in the right spot. strong busts packs open yeah all true. but can he read the play? does he bring team mates into the play by himself? can he ever truely dominate a match, can he win one for us? The guy is a giant. and at the moment he seems like he is playing great.... but they only measure it against him.. if it was neitz, schwartz, etc, and the had the same stats and low impact we would think they had a shocker..

The question i want to know is how much can we trade him for , who would take him over there own Chf or FF?? i would rather juice or Stefan Martin, or rivers (who can read the play) or johnson have a crack at it get the games into them let them bulk up and learn the position.. we wont win a flag for atleast three years..so why not get them up to speed?

Make miller a floating hB take the pressure of kicking goals of him, it wont matter if he takes his time after a mark, if someone runs past and gets a handpass he is unlikely to get blindsided, in short he cant do as much damage to our scoreboard down there. and players like bate, green , Wonna etc are free to take shots on rather than looking for miller..

Last bit

If they are going to persist with miller in the for ward line, Please get someone like neitz, schwartz even wayne carey to teach him how to present, and where to present to. when to go and make him have a shot from inside the arc..everytime, do a quinton lynch. and get the small blokes to follow him around like a bad smell.. put wonna at his feet jetta whoever solong as they are fast.

i want the guy to be as good as he can be, he certainly has potetial just how long can melbourne F.C wait for him?

There is no pleasing some people. Miller will kick a bag this year as long as the ball is delivered properly.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no pleasing some people. Miller will kick a bag this year as long as the ball is delivered properly.

I have never said the guy doesnt try. or that he lacks in passion but how many games will he win us? i am being objective in the sense i want to win games and a premiership. i am sick of barracking for the club that finishes last.. i am going back as far as the seventies.. in the 80's i felt great stretcher was playing great northey was coacking well and we were going places.. surely you guys want to feel that again????

Then Lets be realistic about things..

everyone like daniher but he doomed us to this scenario by not blooding enough of the kids and getting rid of Simmonds, Jolly, Stevens etc etc

Im not just bashing miller.. I just dont think he is up to it and is holding a spot that is very important to the team...

At the moment we need him as there is no one else.. i admit this.

but if we win a flag in 3 - 5 years will it be due to him???

I have never said the guy doesnt try. or that he lacks in passion but how many games will he win us? i am being objective in the sense i want to win games and a premiership. i am sick of barracking for the club that finishes last.. i am going back as far as the seventies.. in the 80's i felt great stretcher was playing great northey was coacking well and we were going places.. surely you guys want to feel that again????

everyone like daniher but he doomed us to this scenario by not blooding enough of the kids and getting rid of Simmonds, Jolly, Stevens etc etc

Im not just bashing miller.. I just dont think he is up to it and is holding a spot that is very important to the team...

I go back to the '70's as well mate, seen it all. I want to see melbourne win multiple flags just like you. I would be giving Brad extra kicking Tuition right now, but i think his Marking has been Great this year. He knows how to lead.

If the Midfielders kick the ball to him correctly he will mark more than he doesn't.

He can also play well up the ground, sure he always looks to give off the short one but thats todays game.

Maybe Greeny can show him how too kick long & straight while he is out injured.

He will play finals for us again i have no doubt. He was the best player for us against the shockers in 2006 in that final.

He plays on confidence-have faith.

Brad Miller is currently our best tall forward and has been causing headaches for oppostion backmen since last season. Last year he did well with very limited opportunity and was actually fairly accurate on his set shots. Very handy player is he, and it would not surprise me to see him retain a fwd role post Watts.

If you are speaking of Steven Stretch, I like to be respectful of our players and refrain from speaking negatively about our boys. I would take Miller over 3 Steven Stretch's because I know that when we get to september Miller will live and die for the jumper. Northey was a great coach of the time.

You play as a team and not just one player is going to win games. I think you underestimate the things he does that don't get the recognition. It was obvious on Sunday that he lacks confidence in his kicking but his marking is getting back to what it was a couple of years ago when he was being touted as a future leader of the club. He is giving his heart and soul out there. Watch him when someone else kicks a goal then watch Newton. I can't remember who it was maybe Jetta who kicked a great goal and everyone ran up to him - not sulky Newton. He provides leadership and inspiration. He is showing the young guys out there that anything is possible ie Pettard mark in forward pocket. That's what we need not some show pony like you know who.

I wonder whether his being tentative with kicking stems from being a queenslander as a kid? Maybe he didn't kick Footy's as a child like some kid from an AFL state. Just a thought, because he certainly is not keen on the set shot.

Brad was born in Hobart where he spent his early childhood. It's not commonly known when he went to QLD. We do know that he played Rugby League from age 13.

We also know that his father Neville "Nifty" Miller played some 27 games for South Melbourne and kicked 24 goals. You could be forgiven for thinking that at some stage

"Nifty" may have instructed his son in the fundamentals of the game and from time to time indulged in a little kick to kick. I believe he is Coach of the QLD U16s at this time so you'd think he's maintained an interest throughout.

We do know that Nev encouraged Brad to have a crack at AFL. There's not much wrong with Miller's technique and most of the time he doesn't miss by much but for a big bloke he

struggles to get 50m.

Some of the best forwards in the competition have goal-kicking issues.

Richo, Buddy, any Geelong forward, Fevola on a bad day (and on a good day too :P) etc...

While poor kicking for goal is deflating for the team, it is something that can be worked on and corrected (just ask Robbo). However, it is my opinion that Miller's goal kicking issues are 100% mental. Watch him nail various shots during the warm-up and you'll notice that he is more than capable of kicking them. Obviously lack of confidence/nerves kick in during the game and his accuracy suffers as a result (although interestingly his field-kicking is generally pretty good).

So you would put time into Newton (because he could possibly be an 'A-grader') and move Miller on?

If we win a flag in the next 5 years it will be due to no one person.

I've said it before and I will reinterate: If Watts learns Miller's workrate, he will be an absolute champion.

And I am pleased to know that Miller will be CHF until Watts is ready and then he will be a damaging HFF.

And, finally, yes - he can be apart of a premiership side at Melbourne.

(I have had a go at Miller in the past, but you have to change your mind as the facts change. And the fact is - Miller is a good player.)

Guest petjud

Reading this thread has made me realise when I made, along with my partner, the decision to become Melbourne supporter that I was following a club where the supporters will stick thru thick and thin and as long as every player has a go

Yes we will all love Watts to become a superstar.

But most of the posters will accept a player who goes out everytime, flaws and all, and gives 100%,

The historically challenged reporter who wrote in the AGE said we should start a petition to apologise to Brad I agree, he along with a couple of others will deserve a premiership if we get there, for battling on every week giving their all through the dark times.

One bonus I like at the moment is Brad is developing a mini-me alongside him, Ricky Petterd could be a younger version except he has a bit more confidence in his kicking.

I am sure if we took a poll as to the most popular player, rather than the best, at MFC, Warnock, Miller, Moloney and Whelan would be the top four, not the most skilful or gifted but bleed red and blue and don't know how not to give 100% each week.

Reading this thread has made me realise when I made, along with my partner, the decision to become Melbourne supporter that I was following a club where the supporters will stick thru thick and thin and as long as every player has a go

Yes we will all love Watts to become a superstar.

But most of the posters will accept a player who goes out everytime, flaws and all, and gives 100%,

The historically challenged reporter who wrote in the AGE said we should start a petition to apologise to Brad I agree, he along with a couple of others will deserve a premiership if we get there, for battling on every week giving their all through the dark times.

One bonus I like at the moment is Brad is developing a mini-me alongside him, Ricky Petterd could be a younger version except he has a bit more confidence in his kicking.

I am sure if we took a poll as to the most popular player, rather than the best, at MFC, Warnock, Miller, Moloney and Whelan would be the top four, not the most skilful or gifted but bleed red and blue and don't know how not to give 100% each week.

And Junior............

So you would put time into Newton (because he could possibly be an 'A-grader') and move Miller on?

If we win a flag in the next 5 years it will be due to no one person.

I've said it before and I will reinterate: If Watts learns Miller's workrate, he will be an absolute champion.

And I am pleased to know that Miller will be CHF until Watts is ready and then he will be a damaging HFF.

And, finally, yes - he can be apart of a premiership side at Melbourne.

(I have had a go at Miller in the past, but you have to change your mind as the facts change. And the fact is - Miller is a good player.)

Miller wasnt damaging with Neitz at full forward so i dont know where he will be better for a young kid at FF

Workrate is totally useless if you dont get the ball or when you do you make bad desceisons .

I am not doubt his courage, workrate, marking or ever his kicking skills. its his descisions that bug me. playing on when he shouldnt, handpassing when he should kick, not looking inboard at running teammates, time wasting (although he seems to be trying to play on at all costs this year)..

and i am not saying its all millers fault either.. what i have said time and time again is get someone to spend more time with him to make him Great or forget about him .. one way all the other.. i am sick of seeing him do 2 good things the cost us a goal from lack of vision, timing etc.

Do some roleplaying with him get the onballers to sit down and make set plays so they are looking for him. for him to say hey i always prefer pushing off with my left arm and marking with my right so mainly kick it to the right side of me.

Guest petjud
Miller wasnt damaging with Neitz at full forward so i dont know where he will be better for a young kid at FF

Workrate is totally useless if you dont get the ball or when you do you make bad desceisons .

I am not doubt his courage, workrate, marking or ever his kicking skills. its his descisions that bug me. playing on when he shouldnt, handpassing when he should kick, not looking inboard at running teammates, time wasting (although he seems to be trying to play on at all costs this year)..

and i am not saying its all millers fault either.. what i have said time and time again is get someone to spend more time with him to make him Great or forget about him .. one way all the other.. i am sick of seeing him do 2 good things the cost us a goal from lack of vision, timing etc.

Do some roleplaying with him get the onballers to sit down and make set plays so they are looking for him. for him to say hey i always prefer pushing off with my left arm and marking with my right so mainly kick it to the right side of me.

I know the team is carrying quite a few shaven heads at the moment, are you sure it is Miller you are actually watching.......I can't believe some of the comments above.....time wasting?.......is that going back to take a kick at goal?..what is your definition of Great?............sigh.......

I know the team is carrying quite a few shaven heads at the moment, are you sure it is Miller you are actually watching.......I can't believe some of the comments above.....time wasting?.......is that going back to take a kick at goal?..what is your definition of Great?............sigh.......

Time wasting mostly on the wing when he runs up the ground and marks gets the ball clear wants to hand pass off no one is there as they are streaming forward and he takes so long they get manned up...

If he is going to run up the ground get someone in there make them train at it .

Great someone who scores enough to influence the games result. or dominates his opponent and wins the ball himself..

Look i am not saying the guy is a dud and never have, he has everything you need to be a star but he clearly hasnt implemented it into his game or hasnt had it pointed out to him how to improve..

do you think if he was in geelong he would do better??

i am not so sure.. sure the delivery would be first rate but would he be in the right position to recieve? does he change his lead at the last moment after the kick is on its way.. I used to be prone to this myself until it was pointed out to me.

Look i am not saying the guy is a dud and never have, he has everything you need to be a star but he clearly hasnt implemented it into his game or hasnt had it pointed out to him how to improve..

Yeah you are, but maybe he just doesn't work hard enough for you, or maybe he just doesn't show enough leadership and team attributes.....

His kicking needs to be better from the set shot (more confidence in his boot would be nice), no question, and I think we have all come to the obvious conclusion that he isn't the next Johnathon Brown (despite the body type), but he is the absolute best for us at the moment. I also believe that Jack Watts will benefit from Miller's presence with him when he gets there and going forward, in the forward line, not from a talent perspective (that is up to Jack himself), but from a work ethic and team work perspective. While this may not be viewed by you as important, I actually see this as extremely important to us, especially to give Watts the confidence to hopefully become what we all hope that he will become, and being able to build a successful side going into the future.

Now I respect most peoples opinions on here, even when I disagree with them, which has happened a lot regarding this very player over the last couple of years, but your total lack of understanding, respect and general common sense about what we have, and what we need in and from our players now and into the future, actually offends me.

Of course all of this is just my opinion :rolleyes: !!!