• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What's the source of BT's grudge?

Arem

The sad fact of the matter is...he is right! Apart from ``die hards`` like a lot of us on this forum, we don`t turn up to support our team. Yesterday was a perfect example. Looking across from the Olympic stand was just a sea of black n white. In fact apart from the members and behind the Punt Rd goals we were horribly outnumbered.

I listen to MMM whenever I am at the game as I cant pick up am radio, otherwise I`d listen to SEN. I have heard BT`s rants about our [censored] poor turnouts every time he calls one of our games. I don`t get offended by it because he is right. He does not bag our players and calls it as he sees it. Wonna is his favourite player in the comp other than his Lovechild Leon Davis. I don`t think he has a grudge against MFC at all, just our fair weathered fans which unfortunately, many are!

You're breaking my heart HB. Did you read my post?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He basically hates us cause every time he played against us Danny Hughes would kill him! He hardly kicked a goal against Hughes and pretty much every contest reulted in "Wrestlemania" with Hughes winning hands down!!

Quite right.. Still has not forgiven Danny Hughes or the MFC for making him look second rate in at least 1 (2?) elimnation finals in the late 80's early 90's... Not worth taking to much notice of really...

MMM just before the match yesterday

Mark Stevens – “we had Jim Stynes in earlier and you seemed to treat him with disdain. You seem to have a personnal vendetta against this football club Brian.

BT – “I have no problem with Jim Stynes who I think is doing a fantastic job, but I do have a problem with the Melbourne football club and in particular their supporters.

That was it, he didn’t expand and no more questions were asked. As usual with BT calling Melbourne, snide remarks were frequent throughout the call.

So does this date back to his playing days or did a Melbourne supporter run over his dog?? :unsure:

The whole thing probably goes back to his Battles with Danny Hughes. Those 2 Hated each other seriously. Melbourne Beat Collingwood in september a few times under Northey & BT would often have a quiet one.

My old man and i always said those two should Fight on a Flat Bed truck around the MCG on Q.B to spark up the crowd.

He just Hates Melbourne as we Hate Collingwood. He is a Bitter Man BT, was left out of the '90 Grand Final Side.

It's been so long since I even turned 3AW on to listen to footy I can't believe Rex Hunt is still there. If anyone can decipher the drivel that comes out of Rex Hunt's mouth, then they probably deserve to be locked away with him in a lunatic asylum. The man does not speak English as far as I can tell, and certainly does not actually 'commentate' a single minute of the game he is watching. Most of the time it is hard to tell whether they're actually even playing football when he's calling. You can hear a crowd... it sounds like there must be a game on... but the words just don't match up to the action. How they still have him around after so many years of the same tripe is beyond me.

I have no particular bias against MMM. I can listen to them if I have to, but I agree that they do seem to rant on and get over-excited at times.

KB gives me the irrits and should be sacked. If not for him SEN would be a pleasure to listen to. Did anyone hear during the Collingwood Adelaide game when a Pies player (I think Daisy Thomas) took a screamer that was disallowed for hands in the back because he used his hands (in a trivial manner) to fly. The Ox turned to KB and told him that his stupid rule had "taken the great mark out of the game". KB's irritatingly typical defence was, "no I haven't David, I've increased the number of great marks in the game". :wacko: Enough said.

It's been so long since I even turned 3AW on to listen to footy I can't believe Rex Hunt is still there. If anyone can decipher the drivel that comes out of Rex Hunt's mouth, then they probably deserve to be locked away with him in a lunatic asylum. The man does not speak English as far as I can tell, and certainly does not actually 'commentate' a single minute of the game he is watching. Most of the time it is hard to tell whether they're actually even playing football when he's calling. You can hear a crowd... it sounds like there must be a game on... but the words just don't match up to the action. How they still have him around after so many years of the same tripe is beyond me.

I have no particular bias against MMM. I can listen to them if I have to, but I agree that they do seem to rant on and get over-excited at times.

KB gives me the irrits and should be sacked. If not for him SEN would be a pleasure to listen to. Did anyone hear during the Collingwood Adelaide game when a Pies player (I think Daisy Thomas) took a screamer that was disallowed for hands in the back because he used his hands (in a trivial manner) to fly. The Ox turned to KB and told him that his stupid rule had "taken the great mark out of the game". KB's irritatingly typical defence was, "no I haven't David, I've increased the number of great marks in the game". :wacko: Enough said.

Don't get me started on KB's "Hands in the Back" Rule or should i say "Finger touching the Jumper"

He's part of the MMM footy calling team.

That should answer your question.

Aside from that he is the main reason I would never listen to any footy on MMM simply for the fact BT ruins the call of any game. And that was before I was aware of his "grude" towards MFC.

i enjoy BT calling footy, but not when Melbourne are playing...

You clearly don't place much emphasis on accuracy then, as while his style is somewhat easy and whimsical he regularly either calls the wrong player, or none at all until he does the old backtrack once he's worked out, or been told, who it was.

That's not 'professional' calling.

• 1 month later...
He was well behaved today BT. Didn't think he was too bad. Has got a thing for Maric does the brissle...

Just wait til Wona gets back from injury! Gets very excited does BT. BT gets stuck into our fans, not so much the players. I think he is starting to rate our young team along with Gerard Healy who has been more than happy to stick the boots in over the past 3 years.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Still not sure why BT calls Warnock "Warnick" and why it takes Healy 6 goes to get Mortons name right. "Martin, Miller, Mangrove etc". OK I made the Mangrove bit up but it's still bloody frustrating.

Still not sure why BT calls Warnock "Warnick" and why it takes Healy 6 goes to get Mortons name right. "Martin, Miller, Mangrove etc". OK I made the Mangrove bit up but it's still bloody frustrating.

I noticed early in the call he was still calling Robbo "Russell Robinson". Someone must have had a word with him during the break because later in the match he refers to him as Robertson. That one has annoyed me for years with BT.

:lol:

I noticed early in the call he was still calling Robbo "Russell Robinson". Someone must have had a word with him during the break because later in the match he refers to him as Robertson. That one has annoyed me for years with BT.

I don't know if it's ignorance or arrogance on BT's part, but by now he should know that it's Robertson. He's not the only one, though. Most commentators call Petterd 'Pettard', which pisses me off.

Before his first shot at goal, BT said that Miller was a "very good shot for goal" unless I have been to different games over the last couple of seasons this is clearly not true (although he did kick well for goal yesterday)

it [censored] me off how they said that bate had been very important this year...it shows how little they know about melbourne.

I noticed these too: you'd think as an AFL commentator you'd have some idea about each of the 16 teams, rather than just the ones you call the most.

I noticed these too: you'd think as an AFL commentator you'd have some idea about each of the 16 teams, rather than just the ones you call the most.

But he really doesn't, even on his show League Teams its like any change Melbourne make is either irrelevant or not understood.

I would have thought that at the very least a host would have done a little bit of research on the changes to all sixteen teams you are paid to talk about.

Maybe that is just me and my flighty imagination!!!

Having said that he really wasn't too bad yesterday other than not really knowing the Dees at all well.

He has his own show? What is the world coming to? :wacko:

Well he hosts the show, whether or not it's his is completely up for debate ;) !!!

BT is just a fat moron with a voice suited to a commentator. I don't listen to Triple M purely because he calls on it - his comments sometimes are just stupid. It's as if he takes no notice of other games unless he is calling them.

BT is just a fat moron with a voice suited to a commentator. I don't listen to Triple M purely because he calls on it - his comments sometimes are just stupid. It's as if he takes no notice of other games unless he is calling them.

BT is a good radio commentator, but he is absolutley clueless on every aspect on footy, and he makes a fair load of stuff up. He is a load himself.

I don't think he holds a grudge intentially, he is just stupid. I heard that Warnick as well, I mean can't BT just use common sense to get the names of players right?