Changes for next week vs the Power

LeBron James

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe good to watch, but it was no-touch footy; circle work. We made 2 tackles for the entire quarter (and the filth only made 10 from memory).

It wasn't a glimpse of things to come.

Maybe because we were first to the ball the whole time.

sort of agree with rhino richards. but at the end of the day, mclean is one of our only midfielders that can kick straight. our 2nd half showed how cr@p our foot skills are. Mclean could be dropped but if so then so should Morton, Jetta, Bennell and Cheney who are all missed targets time and time again. I cant wait until Watts, Maric, Blease and Strauss come in and hit a friggen target!

Come on then Rhino, who do you have replacing McLean in next week's team?... yeah I didn't think so.

I think you'll find that I'm very much aware of how poorly McLean is performing at the moment, but the fact remains that he still demands the opposition's best tagger and it's been 2 games and we're getting comprehensively smashed in the ruck which is not helping.

Maric. :lol:

He wont get dropped because Jetta will go. But my point is that I dont think he has many runs on the Board. He has been very ordinary since 2007.

I think you will note that in consecutive weeks that Beamer and Jones have not hidden behind the soft tagging excuse. His use of the ball when he got it was appalling.

I'd drop PJ not because Meesen is likely to be any better, but because PJ need a good kick up the arse. He has become lazy, which is unacceptable.

Drop PJ but dont embarrass us with Meesen.

sort of agree with rhino richards. but at the end of the day, mclean is one of our only midfielders that can kick straight. our 2nd half showed how cr@p our foot skills are. Mclean could be dropped but if so then so should Morton, Jetta, Bennell and Cheney who are all missed targets time and time again. I cant wait until Watts, Maric, Blease and Strauss come in and hit a friggen target!

Even you could see that McLean repeated turned the ball over today. He has been flaky at best. Nice goal from Morton at 55 metres.. Hope you cheered it. ;)

Maric. :lol:

He wont get dropped because Jetta will go. But my point is that I dont think he has many runs on the Board. He has been very ordinary since 2007.

I think you will note that in consecutive weeks that Beamer and Jones have not hidden behind the soft tagging excuse. His use of the ball when he got it was appalling.

He's been ordinary since 2007? My my what short memory we have.

He was excellent last year until injured, and cast your mind back to Jones not getting a touch last year when McLean was out of the team and all the attention was on him.

He has plenty of runs of the board, and is by far our best midfielder when up and running.

You can't drop PJ and let Gigantisorous play on his own. If you drop PJ and don't play Meesen you need to let Martin contest in the ruck, which could work, but knowing our luck Brogan will run into him at the bounce, he'll do a knee and never play again. I'd rather Meesen embarrasing us, than Martin injured.

2nd in our best and fairest from 14 games says it all. He was great last year, horrible today. Which is why im allowing him to stay in for another week...

In:Valenti, Maric, Meesen, Whelan( or Bail)

Out: McLean, Bate, Johnson, Bartram

hahahahahaha

Moronic.

I'm pretty sure keeping Harvey to 16 possies last week will keep Bartram in the team.

And I think McLean's probably done enough over the years to have a couple of quiet ones without getting dropped.

It's good that you've dropped Bate and not brought in another reasonably sized forward.

And, you're going to drop Johnson for a bloke that gets about 8 possies in the magoos.

That fact that you posted at 5:04pm means you probably weren't at the game. Perhaps you should get along to the matches and support the club before you start dropping blokes who've donated 10K.

I'm probably PJ's biggest fan, but today he was just CRAP! The worst game i've seen him play for a long time, and i generally watch him pretty closely.

I'm not sure whether he'll be dropped next week because of our lack of depth, but something may need to be done because on todays performance, he has regressed big time from last year. That said, Spencer was not much better. Probably worse. I know he's only young and very raw, but he looked horribly out of place at AFL level today. A lot will depend on how Meesen goes tomorrow I suppose, but at the moment, our ruck stocks are very very thin.

We are going to improve playing anybody left on the list regardless of whether they have earned a game or not?

I'd say Dunn, Maric and maybe Newton are a chance dependent of their form tomorrow. Bennell and Jetta the two most likely to go.

He was excellent last year until injured, and cast your mind back to Jones not getting a touch last year when McLean was out of the team and all the attention was on him.

He has plenty of runs of the board, and is by far our best midfielder when up and running.

He had started the season poorly in 2008. He strung a couple of good games before getting injured again. In his sixth year McLean has yet to consistently impact football games and your reference to him as our best midfielder is a tragic indication of where our midfield has been and is atm. FWIW, based on the two games this year, he is definitely MOR in the midfield. Hannibal aptly described him as a "good ordinary" player. Nah he is ordinary at the moment.

Together with Davey (who was in our best today) the most overrated footballer on this site. Living on reputation with fewer runs than you think.

You can't drop PJ and let Gigantisorous play on his own. If you drop PJ and don't play Meesen you need to let Martin contest in the ruck, which could work, but knowing our luck Brogan will run into him at the bounce, he'll do a knee and never play again. I'd rather Meesen embarrasing us, than Martin injured.

:wacko:

Great logic.

I would not pick Meesen or Newton until they demonstrate at Casey they have the where with all to cope with AFL. They are not close to it. If PJ needs to be dropped then I would let Spencer handle it with Martin pinch hitting. Meesen makes PJ look effective in the ruck. Either we punt PJ as a forward or we drop him. Cant wait till Jamar's back.

We are going to improve playing anybody left on the list regardless of whether they have earned a game or not?

I'd say Dunn, Maric and maybe Newton are a chance dependent of their form tomorrow. Bennell and Jetta the two most likely to go.

This is no time to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Maric, if fit, is a certainty to return. He oozes class.

Newton is a five time flunk in the AFL. Until he evidences at Casey that he can apply himself I would leave him there.

The footy dept clearly have concerns about Dunn if having done a full pre season, cannot break into a lowly injury ravaged team. He may play but his career must be on the line.

Im glad im not picking the side next week what a tough job, there is no one who stands out as a automatic selection, apart from the obvious ones like whelan, robbo, Watts etc but none are ready are they?

Sylvia and Bate need to play week in week out IMO, we need to see what heart they have got in the spotlight over the year.

Newton needs to break into team and stay otherwise i couldnt see him playing again.

McLean wasn't ordinary last season to be honest. I think you are a little unfair on him, despite our results last year.

Agree with PJ, he was badly touched up by Fraser today. Taught one hell of a lesson.

Together with Davey (who was in our best today) the most overrated footballer on this site. Living on reputation with fewer runs than you think.

I thought PJ was the most overrated on this site? ;)

This is no time to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Maric, if fit, is a certainty to return. He oozes class.

Newton is a five time flunk in the AFL. Until he evidences at Casey that he can apply himself I would leave him there.

The footy dept clearly have concerns about Dunn if having done a full pre season, cannot break into a lowly injury ravaged team. He may play but his career must be on the line.

Perhaps he has put in a few stinkers but the fact remains, of current listed players, he is behind only Robbo on the goal average table, 1.43 gpg versus 1.85.

There's more to gain and not much to lose by playing him. As a "five time flunk" he won't feel like Robinson Crusoe.

Jetta out for Maric, assuming he is fit.

Cant think of any others. Sylvia, Mclean, Bate all had poor games, but they're players we just have to keep playing. They're now experience in our youthful side, despite the fact they're all between 50-80 games. Ideally your more experienced players have 100+. There's no use dropping them for youngsters if the youngsters arent ready. Looking at Jetta this week, he clearly isnt ready. Had zero impact and barely touched the ball. Bennell showed a few flashes with some of his runs and kicks, and a few 1%s down back, but ideally shouldnt be playing yet either.

hahahahahaha

Moronic.

I'm pretty sure keeping Harvey to 16 possies last week will keep Bartram in the team.

And I think McLean's probably done enough over the years to have a couple of quiet ones without getting dropped.

It's good that you've dropped Bate and not brought in another reasonably sized forward.

And, you're going to drop Johnson for a bloke that gets about 8 possies in the magoos.

That fact that you posted at 5:04pm means you probably weren't at the game. Perhaps you should get along to the matches and support the club before you start dropping blokes who've donated 10K.

I almost responded angrily to this until I read the last line and realised what a tossbag you are.

And no I didn't go today for reasons that have f all to do with you.

Jetta out for Maric, assuming he is fit.

Cant think of any others. Sylvia, Mclean, Bate all had poor games, but they're players we just have to keep playing. They're now experience in our youthful side, despite the fact they're all between 50-80 games. Ideally your more experienced players have 100+. There's no use dropping them for youngsters if the youngsters arent ready. Looking at Jetta this week, he clearly isnt ready. Had zero impact and barely touched the ball. Bennell showed a few flashes with some of his runs and kicks, and a few 1%s down back, but ideally shouldnt be playing yet either.

Look, I have probably been over the top with the defense of this bloke but we have got bigger areas to worry about than having a go at a HFF trying to play FF in the worst team in the comp that can only get the pill inside fifty 40 times in the first round and 39 times in the second round.

Win the contested possessions, tackles, and the Inside 50s and then complain about Bate.

Look, I have probably been over the top with the defense of this bloke but we have got bigger areas to worry about than having a go at a HFF trying to play FF in the worst team in the comp that can only get the pill inside fifty 40 times in the first round and 39 times in the second round.

Win the contested possessions, tackles, and the Inside 50s and then complain about Bate.

Well said rpfc. It's hard to know what form our forwards are in because they don't get quality service, and are invariably outnumbered when the ball does arrive.

GUYS!

RELAX!

Drop Mclean? seriously guys, let the guy work back into it, hes our best midfielder! Dropped? not in a million years!

Some of you need to understand where our club is at right now, we are a very young side taht is going to have our momentss (1st Q) and then have periods of fading out, thats youth, simple!

You cannot simply just wield the axe, things just dont happen like that. Its round 2, and we have had 4 cmpetitive quarters out of 8, which comparede to this time last year, is miles ahead.

We will improve gradually, each week. You cant just drop senior players in a side like this, we dont have that luxury right now.

Mclean, PJ, Bate, even Sylvia all need to be in our 22. They will be given time to work into some form.

SYlvia at least showed some good signs, but, like the rest of the side, its only patches right now.

The rotaions will come from the likes of Jetta, Bennell, Spencer, Cheney and fringe players such as: Bartram, Frawley, Martin, and co.

Obviously right now, MArtin is safe and looking great, as is Frawley. Bartram and Dunn are fighting it out for the tagging role.

THe ins will come from Wheatley, Whelan, Maric, Meeson, Newton & Grimes.

I know it can be easy to taregt some players who have had a quiet day, but sometimes, its not the answer.

I am proud to be a demon supporter right now, because we, and all in the footy world know, we are in a faze of youth and with that comes massive swings in performance.

Be patient, because the signs are there!

Dropping Mclean, Sylvia JOhnsom is not the answer, or really an option right now!

Once these kids get more experience and fitness, then, and only then, can we start to relegate ourharder bodied, more seasoned players.

Drop Mclean? seriously guys, let the guy work back into it, hes our best midfielder! Dropped? not in a million years!

Some of you need to understand where our club is at right now, we are a very young side taht is going to have our momentss (1st Q) and then have periods of fading out, thats youth, simple!

You cannot simply just wield the axe, things just dont happen like that. Its round 2, and we have had 4 cmpetitive quarters out of 8, which comparede to this time last year, is miles ahead.

We will improve gradually, each week. You cant just drop senior players in a side like this, we dont have that luxury right now.

Mclean, PJ, Bate, even Sylvia all need to be in our 22. They will be given time to work into some form.

SYlvia at least showed some good signs, but, like the rest of the side, its only patches right now.

The rotaions will come from the likes of Jetta, Bennell, Spencer, Cheney and fringe players such as: Bartram, Frawley, Martin, and co.

Obviously right now, MArtin is safe and looking great, as is Frawley. Bartram and Dunn are fighting it out for the tagging role.

THe ins will come from Wheatley, Whelan, Maric, Meeson, Newton & Grimes.

I know it can be easy to taregt some players who have had a quiet day, but sometimes, its not the answer.

I am proud to be a demon supporter right now, because we, and all in the footy world know, we are in a faze of youth and with that comes massive swings in performance.

Be patient, because the signs are there!

Dropping Mclean, Sylvia JOhnsom is not the answer, or really an option right now!

Once these kids get more experience and fitness, then, and only then, can we start to relegate ourharder bodied, more seasoned players.

Yes. Good balanced post Nudge. SOmetimes you've just got to sit back and look at the bigger picture now and again. See the reality. Thanks for providing that view.