Demons to cull the Kangas

Yze_Magic

Well the season is almost here.

Which means its time for Yze_Magics first prediction of 2009. And the question is, can I keep up my 100% strike rate on game predictions, which I have been giving for years.

Without further ado..

Its hard to seeing the reborn Demons losing to a boring, uninspiring team in the Kangaroos. They have no decent players, no match winners, and their best player is that little squib Harvey who collects cheap possessions and falls to ground to milk free kicks even with the slightest contact. I would love to see him knocked out cold, and miss the season with a severe injury. Hate the little [censored].

And now, what you have all been waiting for -

THE RESULT

Melbourne - 25.17 167

Kangaroos - 11.13 79

Goals - Sylvia 6, Davey 3, Woenamirri 3, Morton 3, Green 2, Newton 2, Moloney, Johnson, Buckley, Garland, Bate, McLean

Best - Sylvia, McLean, Garland, Rivers, Moloney, Morton, Davey, Green, Buckley, Johnson

Now sit back and enjoy the ride next Sunday!

I wish to also take this illustrious occassion to formally add my note of hatred for Brent Harvey. Nasty little man.

I think it will be more like Demons by 14, than 14 goals. But it'll be just as much fun that way, don't worry about that!

And Yze Magic, I am very impressed by your 100% prediction strike rate - it is quite true that all of your predictions have been made. ;)

Well the season is almost here.

Which means its time for Yze_Magics first prediction of 2009. And the question is, can I keep up my 100% strike rate on game predictions, which I have been giving for years.

Without further ado..

Its hard to seeing the reborn Demons losing to a boring, uninspiring team in the Kangaroos. They have no decent players, no match winners, and their best player is that little squib Harvey who collects cheap possessions and falls to ground to milk free kicks even with the slightest contact. I would love to see him knocked out cold, and miss the season with a severe injury. Hate the little [censored].

And now, what you have all been waiting for -

THE RESULT

Melbourne - 25.17 167

Kangaroos - 11.13 79

Goals - Sylvia 6, Davey 3, Woenamirri 3, Morton 3, Green 2, Newton 2, Moloney, Johnson, Buckley, Garland, Bate, McLean

Best - Sylvia, McLean, Garland, Rivers, Moloney, Morton, Davey, Green, Buckley, Johnson

Now sit back and enjoy the ride next Sunday!

Now we know for sure that there ARE fairies in YM's garden!

It should read

Melb 25.17

North 25.16

Goals: BRUCE 25.1 (26 possessions)

Best: SYLVIA, MCLEAN,DAVEY,RIVERS,MORTON,GARLAND,GREEN,BUCKLEY,JOHNSON,McDONALD, MARTIN, WHELAN, and NEWTON.

BRUCE as usual, butchered the ball and needs a trip back to Casey to work on his terrible disposal and goal kicking. He missed a sitter 65 metres out on the boundary line which could have cost us the game.

>

Ahh YM, what would we do without you putting the mockers on us every week ;) ........

But even for you this list of players is just a little to driven by personal agenda with your head in the clouds, don't you think?

But what do we expect really? Keep up the work my friend, we all just wish that scoreline you predicted will be right!!!

A more realistic prediction (with our awesome fwd line and the fact that both clubs bring out the worst in each other)

Melbourne North Melbourne

8-10-58 11-16-82

Goals - Newton 2, Bruce, McDonald, Miller, Bate, Davey, McLean

Best - McLean, Garland, Petterd, Jones, Buckley

Crowd - 25,234

I had a horrible, horrible dream last night that we lost by 1 point. God I hope that doesn't happen.

You can't be serious?!?!?! :unsure:

I had the same dream! I even woke the missus up and told her about it..... I hope it doesn't come true!!

You can't be serious?!?!?! :unsure:

I had the same dream! I even woke the missus up and told her about it..... I hope it doesn't come true!!

Oh no! :o

(P.S. That's the first Smilie I've ever used, anywhere on the Internet. That's how freaked out I am!)

I said last week that we'd beat the Kangas in Rd. 1 and Bring-Back-Powell said this:

What's with everyone predicting a win against North? We always play dog [censored] against them.

You have no faith in the Dees BBP.

We'll win easy :lol:

That would be a terrible result for the club. 30,000-35,000 with a bit of luck.

We've had plenty of positivity and media exposure in the past few weeks, our NAB cup results weren't bad. It's round 1 and we've all been starved of AFL since September, I think we'll get at least 30,000 down there. I'll be there with a bunch on non-melbourne supporters who are just desparate to see some footy!

Hopefully we'll put in a respectable effort which will then see at least 50,000 at the G in round 2 against Collingwood on Saturday afternoon.

I had a horrible, horrible dream last night that we lost by 1 point. God I hope that doesn't happen.

Yeah, we're in front & Andrew Swallow takes the ball away from a throw-in & kicks a goal to put them in front with seconds left on the clock.

Oh, that's not a dream, that happened! Well, no Trav now to amble around on then wrong side of the contest.

Indeed it is 100% certain Y_M has made predictions.

I think you are wrong Y_M. Morton will only kick 2 goals in that game.

Although it might be that it is 100% certain, that Y_M has made predictions - albeit incorrect predictions, he is however certainly no where near successful when on the topic of "draft predictions" - sure to be hovering down at about 14%. :lol: That is being generous.

I'd just like to see us compete and show more heart than we did Round 1 last year.

Crowd will be 30,000-40,000.

heavens--spare us please!

If I hear any more of this 'let's try to be competitive' nonsense I'll be sick! I point out again that in a 2 horse race, the loser finishes last.Prior to the seasdon this is a defeatist position and must be murder for the club trying to sell memberships. People must be queuing up to buy tickets in the club aiming for "close 2nd"

heavens--spare us please!

If I hear any more of this 'let's try to be competitive' nonsense I'll be sick! I point out again that in a 2 horse race, the loser finishes last.Prior to the seasdon this is a defeatist position and must be murder for the club trying to sell memberships. People must be queuing up to buy tickets in the club aiming for "close 2nd"

Would you prefer to lose by 100 points or 15? It's not realistic to expect to win every week with our list and given how we performed last year. We want to see improvement, the reality is that we will lose more games than we win this year.

Would you prefer to lose by 100 points or 15? It's not realistic to expect to win every week with our list and given how we performed last year. We want to see improvement, the reality is that we will lose more games than we win this year.

I expect to win every week. Why else would i pay out over $700 a year to watch Football. Your attitude is too soft Grasshopper...

I expect to win every week. Why else would i pay out over $700 a year to watch Football. Your attitude is too soft Grasshopper...

Spot on cobba.

If the Melbourne Demons are rocking up each week with the attitude that they just need to be competitive...well then we have already been defeated.

Spot on cobba.

If the Melbourne Demons are rocking up each week with the attitude that they just need to be competitive...well then we have already been defeated.

That is the exact attitude that the Hawthorn Football Club had in the Eighties. They expected to win & they did. A lot of Posters on here will be accepting "Team Building" as an excuse for the next 150 years. I want my team to play football in order to win, within the Rules yes but win. Anything else is a waste of time.

Not exactly the attitude they had between 2004-2007, but we'll just ignore that hey

That has got nothing to do with what i said so why bring it up? Like i said too many people around here love this club so much they will accept mediocaty every year. "Oh the Boys tried Hard", sure they did but the other team tried Harder! So why didn't Melbourne do that. I expect to win every week & i would like to see that as the "norm" while Jim Stynes is the President. Stynesy was not a quitter.