• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sibosado - Possible Pre-Season #1 Draft Pick from 2008

Tex

I hope they look at Matthew DeBoer, an extractor & good runner with quality.

Sibasado looks poss' lazy, so to me, so he would be a rookie proposition if still there.

Alot of people beat around the bush when describing players, or try to be needlessly verbose . . .

De Boer was not drafted because his disposal is crap.

Alot of people beat around the bush when describing players, or try to be needlessly verbose . . .

De Boer was not drafted because his disposal is crap.

Yes I have read that, but however further reading said that the problem was a lack of penetration with his kicking, which is apparently being addressed.

Prendergast wanted another inside ball winner to help McLean & they hoped for Jack Redden, who we missed.

Sibosado looks like he has some great natural talent, must be something going on there. You'd be game to rate him as a potential future Franklin, but admittedly that's the first thing I thought while watching his highlights reel (c'mon he's wearing 23 for god's sake!! Haha actually while I'm on god, does anyone else think being called the demons has affected our potential supporter base over the years? Maybe that's why we always play on Sunday, the AFL knows our supporters don't have anywhere else to be).

Sorry, first post.

If the kid has a bad attitude I'd want us to steer clear of him, regardless of the small financial risk. From what Bailey has said in the past about the types of people he wants coming to the club, and the fact that we have a very young side, If the attitude problems are why he wasn't drafted, I'd be thinking we wouldn't gamble on it....

Sharples looks the goods, he definitely has that fire in his belly (maybe what Sibosado lacks?). He'd be my pick from what's being thrown around on here. Then again I realize we need some height.

So besides De Boer and these two, does anyone else have any idea of who could be in contention? This is all too exciting.

Welcome Watts up!

Don't apologise at all. I totally agree if there's something going on we should steer clear. I think we're recruiting good kids, that seem skillful yet willing to learn more.

I couldn't be more excited for the next season, 117 days!!

I don't mind the sound of Tom Rockliff, but then again, I've never seen him, or any of the others, play. But I wouldn't mind a known goalscorer up forward

So besides De Boer and these two, does anyone else have any idea of who could be in contention? This is all too exciting.

The following guys were mentioned in a Herald Sun article:

Tom Rockliff

Jamie Sheahan

Riley Milne

Matthew DeBoer

Tom Allwright

Casey Sibosado

well just to be technical, he isn't '193cm +'..he is '192.9cm'.

Has he finished growing?

I'm sure has something in the tank.

I want nothing to do with DeBoer personally. Very average user of the ball.

We can realistically get a couple of the best who slipped through the draft. Carlton to take CJ, Port to take Carr, Brisbane a good chance to take Davis... That leaves only Essendon and Richmond I believe with picks in the PSD, so we effectively have picks 1 & 4 as we will have pick one in the Rookie Draft as well.

Thanks for the welcome 45hotgod, and the psd rookie possibilities Rogue!

And I agree 45hotgod, couldn't be happier with what I've seen and heard of the kids Bailey has gotten us so far, they seem very level-headed and keen to improve their games. I'm not saying that they'll never slip up, but I think the process of turning this group of arrivals (along with the last and next) into a solid unit that work for each other and play for the jumper will be fast tracked because of that level-headedness.

Haha then again perhaps we just have an excellent media training program.

I suppose on top of that stuff you've got the relationships between players that have come in as well,.It must be so much easier to settle in and feel comfortable when your not rocking up for your first day of training with 40 strangers. Everything is moving in a very positive direction.

Young Rocky looks like a great option for us, lucky Robbo's got that band to fall back on hey! Haha no Robbos a gun, what am I saying.

The Sibosado article was interesting though, and all these kids were overlooked on Saturday so would I be right in saying that we are painting them all with the same "potential problem" brush? Obviously some may be ruled out due to potential injuries but is there anything substantial that points to Sibosado being more of a risk attitude wise, or is it just because he looks very blasé and laid back in his highlight reel?

The idea of probably having picks 1 and 4 of what's left is awesome, it's like we just had Christmas, then we're having it again on the 16th, then another, and then it really will be Christmas!

I think I'll have to ask Santa for a fox sports channel subscription this year.

The Sibosado article was interesting though, and all these kids were overlooked on Saturday so would I be right in saying that we are painting them all with the same "potential problem" brush? Obviously some may be ruled out due to potential injuries but is there anything substantial that points to Sibosado being more of a risk attitude wise, or is it just because he looks very blasé and laid back in his highlight reel?

The only place I can find reference to Casey's bad attitude is on here from people with no idea. I have read that his psyche testing at DC was one of the best of the group. Accusations such as he didn't attend all Chargers training sessions, that prove he's lazy are a nonsense. He was concentrating on school footy, just out of curiousity does anyone know how often Jack went to Dragons training while he was concentrating on school footy. The kid freely admits he's not an endurance athlete, or as fit as he should be, but that can be addressed.

We need some big bodies coming through with the whippets. Casey could provide our forward line with a bash and crash option like Neita used to. What I love most about the highlights is the way he brings those around him into the game with a quick handball and shepard. If we don't snaffle him with PSD pick 1 I hope he's still there to rookie. It'll be very interesting to see who we invite to train with us.

The only place I can find reference to Casey's bad attitude is on here from people with no idea. I have read that his psyche testing at DC was one of the best of the group. Accusations such as he didn't attend all Chargers training sessions, that prove he's lazy are a nonsense. He was concentrating on school footy, just out of curiousity does anyone know how often Jack went to Dragons training while he was concentrating on school footy. The kid freely admits he's not an endurance athlete, or as fit as he should be, but that can be addressed.

We need some big bodies coming through with the whippets. Casey could provide our forward line with a bash and crash option like Neita used to. What I love most about the highlights is the way he brings those around him into the game with a quick handball and shepard. If we don't snaffle him with PSD pick 1 I hope he's still there to rookie. It'll be very interesting to see who we invite to train with us.

I agree with Dean Bailey's often repeated statement about the club looking for players with good character but I think people are going overboard with this theme when it comes to potential draftees. It seems that the automatic reaction of some is that if they didn't get selected there's something wrong with them, be it their character or their physical attributes etc. The fact is a finite number of players were selected and it doesn't necessarily follow that all the rest who weren't picked are bad eggs. It's up to the club to now decide on who's next best because we have first pick in the PSD.

Our next selection doesn't necessarily have to be a Ritchie Cunningham goody two shoes type either. I'd gladly accept an Arthur Fonzarelli type with first pick in the PSD (for those who can't work out who or what I'm talking about, please google "Happy Days" - it was a TV show from the '70's & '80's). Further, I think it's the responsibility of the club to some extent to ensure that our players know what's required of them when they represent the club and that this should be an ongoing process over the player's entire career. If the best player available has a few rough edges, then a good club and a good coach should be able to knock him into shape without much difficulty.

We picked up 5 medium/smalls in the draft. I think we need some balance with our next picks in the PSD and rookie draft. I'm all for Casey and since he would most likely start in the VFL I'd like to reprise another slogan from the '70's (in slightly different form):

Point Casey at Casey!

We Must take at least 1 tall in PSD. My feeling is that we took 1 too many smalls so based on this Casey Sibosado certainly looks promising. I would much rather have a tall that shows potential then a middy who has problems be it size, disposal or any other reason he was initially over looked.

After watching his Video - DRAFT HIM, DRAFT HIM, DRAFT HIM!!!!!!!!

The way he runs and carries himself around the park reminds me a bit of Greg Inglis! I think this kid could be anything!

I agree Sibosado is a must!!!

he would give us another option up forward. is quite tall, has good hands and a great kick.

We have quite a number of N.T boys on our list so that would help him perhpas mature into a better person (if in fact he is troubled now) so i reckon grab him for sure...

he looks like a seriously good player!!!

I completely agree. I hadn't (and still haven't) heard any reference to a bad attitude at all except for on here. I suspect that some people are speaking for the sake of hearing their own voice.

I have no idea whether Sibosado's the right man to take with PSD #1, but I reckon the references to a bad attitude are complete bollocks.

I've also had a good chuckle at anyone who reckons he's the next Lance Franklin. :lol: :lol:

I have no idea whether Sibosado's the right man to take with PSD #1, but I reckon the references to a bad attitude are complete bollocks.

I've also had a good chuckle at anyone who reckons he's the next Lance Franklin. :lol: :lol:

I also only know him from the You Tube and a few enthusiastic posters.

However he doesn't have to be Lance Frankilin who is one in a million. As 40th player on the list if he can be as good or better than Miller, Newton and an injured 30 year old Robbo then it is a winner.

We are not picking up Wayne Carey with PSD or rookie picks but rather boys that might just improve enough to be able to play AFL. If they were potential stars the brilliant recruiters would have already drafted them.

If a boy has size, a bit of magic and some upside, then he would have to be a candidate at this stage.

However he doesn't have to be Lance Frankilin who is one in a million. As 40th player on the list if he can be as good or better than Miller, Newton and an injured 30 year old Robbo then it is a winner.

We are not picking up Wayne Carey with PSD or rookie picks but rather boys that might just improve enough to be able to play AFL. If they were potential stars the brilliant recruiters would have already drafted them.

If a boy has size, a bit of magic and some upside, then he would have to be a candidate at this stage.

That I agree with Redleg. If we get him and he turns out to be handy/serviceable then I'd be pretty happy with that. You're not likely to get much better at the equivalent of pick 80ish.

That I agree with Redleg. If we get him and he turns out to be handy/serviceable then I'd be pretty happy with that. You're not likely to get much better at the equivalent of pick 80ish.

Theoretically you're right. However Dean Cox and others like Danyule Pearce, Robbo, Davey etc etc were all taken as rookies, even further down the pecking order than the PSD and I think all are better than your typical Pick 80.

While the science of drafting has improved immeasurably, not all top draft picks make it, at least as the touted champions they were expected to be.

Similarly, the late bloomer, "troubled child", injury risk, speculative guess can also pleasantly surprise like those I've listed and there are countless others.

If the "take the best player" adage applies up to say pick 50, then drafting for need beyond that could mean potentially good/great players miss out as clubs feel they have enough of a certain type of player, or the risk factor, for whatever reason in the National Draft, is too high to gamble a pick.

Better to be bitten on the bum in the PSD/rookie draft where the comeback factor for stuffing up is far less.

Jack Watts at pick 1, is now on level pegging with the last player taken in the PSD. The expectation is different but the level of opportunity is the same.

Casey Sibosado and other talls like him who have been overlooked so far, may have appeared higher risk or speculative than those taken, or, because it was a supposed "quality talls" draft, were simply outnumbered.

From the YouTube vision I really hope we take him, although I note it was promoted as a "highlights" not a "lowlights" package!

He will be on the club's radar along with the others, and I will trust their call. And while I'm very happy with all our picks so far and support their reasons for going for the quick, skilful runners beyond Watts, like others I believe we need to go predominantly tall from here on in the remaining drafts.

We don't really know what we're getting with any of the picks. Some will fulfill obvious potential and become stars

Others will work really hard and be good average players

Some will be injured for the best part of 4 years and then finally come good

Some will be delisted asap

Others still will get picked in the rookie or PSD and knuckle down and do all the hard work required, grow into their bodies and become exceptionally good footy players, even stars of the game.

Let's hope it happens for Stef Martin, Aaron Davey and Casey Sibosado

I read the article on Sibosado in The Aged. Boy don't these player managers give good advice! An honest assessment of where he is at in the interview but little promotion of himself or indicate he is willing to put in the hard yards.

Even the photo, in a hammock with his dog didn't project an image of a bloke desperate for a spot on an AFL list. Most likely a waste of time IMO and the reason why he wasn't drafted.

I read the article on Sibosado in The Aged. Boy don't these player managers give good advice! An honest assessment of where he is at in the interview but little promotion of himself or indicate he is willing to put in the hard yards.

Even the photo, in a hammock with his dog didn't project an image of a bloke desperate for a spot on an AFL list. Most likely a waste of time IMO and the reason why he wasn't drafted.

Would it have helped if he was shown laying bricks in the photo.

He did say he would keep trying until he was 25 to play AFL. Does a quote or mis quote in the paper change the boy's ability?

I agree with Dean Bailey's often repeated statement about the club looking for players with good character but I think people are going overboard with this theme when it comes to potential draftees. It seems that the automatic reaction of some is that if they didn't get selected there's something wrong with them, be it their character or their physical attributes etc. The fact is a finite number of players were selected and it doesn't necessarily follow that all the rest who weren't picked are bad eggs. It's up to the club to now decide on who's next best because we have first pick in the PSD.

Our next selection doesn't necessarily have to be a Ritchie Cunningham goody two shoes type either. I'd gladly accept an Arthur Fonzarelli type with first pick in the PSD (for those who can't work out who or what I'm talking about, please google "Happy Days" - it was a TV show from the '70's & '80's). Further, I think it's the responsibility of the club to some extent to ensure that our players know what's required of them when they represent the club and that this should be an ongoing process over the player's entire career. If the best player available has a few rough edges, then a good club and a good coach should be able to knock him into shape without much difficulty.

We picked up 5 medium/smalls in the draft. I think we need some balance with our next picks in the PSD and rookie draft. I'm all for Casey and since he would most likely start in the VFL I'd like to reprise another slogan from the '70's (in slightly different form):

Point Casey at Casey!

This I agree with.

People talk about the fact that he wasn't picked up in 80-something selections in the National Draft. That surely doesn't matter. Otherwise rookies wouldn't exist. Sometimes things just don't work out on draft day and certain kids slip through.

From what I have read, we will invite some possible choices to train with the club. This will give Sibosado the opportunity to prove his ability to the club. He knows that if he wants to play AFL, a good show now with Melbourne could be it for him.

We won't look at De Boer if he can't kick.

Some people, myself included, don't like selling themselves, it's called humility. You'd reject him because he was photographed in a hammock? Why not burn him at the stake?

What have you ever done? SFA would be my guess.

I can't believe people want to hang the kid simply because he was overlooked in the draft. As others have said he may not turn out to be best available, a star or even someone our recruiters look at, but ignorant fools publicly critisizing a 17 year old kid for nothing more than missing out on being drafted should have a good hard look at themselves. :angry:

.....an extractor & good runner with quality.

Actually means.........

... his disposal is crap.

That was one definition WJ did not get in his list. :lol:

Seriously, if we have focussed our draft on players like Blease and Strauss that use the ball well then why would we offer a spot to player with questionable disposal? Dont we have enough already? :wacko: