State your draft preferences

Little Goffy

I'd be rapt if we got Swift at 17 or 19. I know he's a risk but if his body held togethor he's going to be an absolute gun. I think he will fall to our pp because of the risk factor and clubs will be leaning to 'playing it safe' this year.

For those that haven't seen Schoenmakers here's a quick glance:

Nothing wrong with his load time.

Nothing wrong with load time at all.

I do rate him, hell id like to get him, but pick 17/19 for some reason seems a stretch to me in this draft. To be honest nothing would bother me if we took him at 17 or 19, as long as we got the best available mid with one of those pics.

Be it Blease, Zaharakis, Deboer etc.

Yes I agree. I'm leaning to Schoenmakers for pick 17 ahead of Zaharkis at 19. You're quite right as "long as we got the best available mids with one of the pics." I'd be very happy, as we all should be if we land Watts and Schoenmakers.

Nov 29 cannot come soon enough.

the only official recording of schoenmakers height is 189cm. 194cm is just hearsay

As usual Freak, that's not true.

He was officially measured at Draft Camp it's just that that recording hasn't been publicly confirmed and you, and I, don't know what it is. His previous measurement was 189cms, but, yes, unsubstantiated reports now have him at 194cms.

Jack Watts was 194cms and is now 'officially' 195.8cms. We only know what it is because he made the top 10 for height at Draft Camp and top 10 results were released.

I like to use my eyes, Freak. I don't know about you, but he looks taller than Cameron Bruce and Simon Buckley and both those boys are listed at 190cms. Matty Bate comes in at 192cms. Have a look at the footage again and ask yourself "who looks taller ?".

yeh, he does look taller and i have heard many people claim that he is 194cm but i'd just love to see an official report thats all. I'm not willing to give away a pick 17 or 19 just because he 'looks' taller. if anyone can actually prove that he is 194cm than by all means show us.

yeh, he does look taller and i have heard many people claim that he is 194cm but i'd just love to see an official report thats all. I'm not willing to give away a pick 17 or 19 just because he 'looks' taller. if anyone can actually prove that he is 194cm than by all means show us.

I gree, but don't you think that our club would have this information ?

Guest Golgothan

These official reports you're talking about having him at 189cms are from prior to May this year before the champs started, the same thing(NAB u18 recordings) had Naitanui at 197cm, now officially recorded as 200.9cm.

Only the top 10's are released to the public, but the clubs would have a full list of everyone's results. People who were actually at the draft camp have said that Schoenmakers height was recorded as 194.7cm

You're not giving away pick 17 or 19, the club is and they will know exactly how tall he is.

You've even said you think he looks taller, so how about taking people's word for it that he is and making your judgement on that?

The fact that a big wrap on Blease is his pace and Watts (196cms) had a better time in the 20m sprint, certainly puts Watts athletic ability into perspective.

Stuff the exams. Draft tomorrow. Watts is a freak to record that time in 20m and agility.

The people who've been pumping up Schoenmaker have done a good job. I'm impressed (with the kid)

Nothing wrong with load time at all.

Yes I agree. I'm leaning to Schoenmakers for pick 17 ahead of Zaharkis at 19. You're quite right as "long as we got the best available mids with one of the pics." I'd be very happy, as we all should be if we land Watts and Schoenmakers.

Nov 29 cannot come soon enough.

I think we're all starting to see eye to eye largely which is nice.

What I'd like to see with our tall recruits for the forward line is a spread of skills, not all the same style, so we can mix 'n' match to give us flexibility to rearrange our structure when called for, speed & mobility is a must for the direction the game is going via the interchange bench & we'll need to add some strength & grunt as well.

As far as mids are concerned we're short on for classy runners & also strong minded leaders could be added to.

It's all very exciting, building a new team now that we can all see where we're at.

Bring on the Draft. :D

If only the selectors will agree with us now!! I bet they have their own ideas so will be interesting to see how close we get.

I like Jack Watts for 1

Zaharkis would be good if he is still there at 17 and from what I have read thanks to you guys would be happy with O'Keefe or Schoenmakers. It is hard as I dont know where to find the info so rely on you that do know and post it for our benefit. I appreciate it.

Where can I get the profiles on these kids????

Might do up a mini newsletter to my Qld Demons with the lowdown on each of the ones you guys have highlighted and of course Rich, Vickery and Naitanui.

If only the selectors will agree with us now!! I bet they have their own ideas so will be interesting to see how close we get.

I like Jack Watts for 1

Zaharkis would be good if he is still there at 17 and from what I have read thanks to you guys would be happy with O'Keefe or Schoenmakers. It is hard as I dont know where to find the info so rely on you that do know and post it for our benefit. I appreciate it.

Where can I get the profiles on these kids????

Might do up a mini newsletter to my Qld Demons with the lowdown on each of the ones you guys have highlighted and of course Rich, Vickery and Naitanui.

I also really like Walters from WA. There are a lot of very good players this year.

Anyway, the very best thread on young talent presently on the Net is linked below. It's fantastic and a must for footy followers. Even if it is on Big Footy:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499369

These official reports you're talking about having him at 189cms are from prior to May this year before the champs started, the same thing(NAB u18 recordings) had Naitanui at 197cm, now officially recorded as 200.9cm.

Only the top 10's are released to the public, but the clubs would have a full list of everyone's results. People who were actually at the draft camp have said that Schoenmakers height was recorded as 194.7cm

You're not giving away pick 17 or 19, the club is and they will know exactly how tall he is.

You've even said you think he looks taller, so how about taking people's word for it that he is and making your judgement on that?

I don't get it.

Why on earth doesn't the AFL release all of the draft camp results?

What's the big secret?

Melbourne's ultimate draft

#1: Watts

#17: Hill

#19: Shoenmakers

#35: Roughead

#51: Dayne Beams (love this kid)

I'd be more than happy with that, ecstatic in fact. But to make it our ultimate draft I'd prefer Blease over Hill. Is that being too greedy? If Roughead slips to 35 it's a clear sign the footy gods are starting to smile on us.

it would be the poorest rating show in history

no one really cares unless ur a die hard supporter

Patrick Heenen with PSD 1 if he is available

Rubbish, they fill MSG in New york for the NBA draft and its prime time.

Yeah and Friday night footy was never going to work either.

Most Likely never play a game?

Like Troy Simmonds, Simon Godfrey, Shane Woewodin or Brent Moloney?

Not to mention rookie listed players, like Aaron Davey, Russell Robertson, James McDonald, Matthew Bishop, Peter Walsh, Daniel Ward, Mark Jamar or Troy Broadbridge?

Now these aren't great players, but I'd take any of them at the start of their careers over a questionable guy who may play 2 years at best