Dean Bailey on SEN 'Morning Glory'

H_T

Thought I would inform all Demonland readers that Dean Bailey will be on SEN 1116 tomorrow morning on the MORNING GLORY (6-9am) show with hosts Andy Maher and Tim Watson. They have asked Melbourne supporters/members to email any questions you have for Dean Bailey.

The shows email address is: [email protected]

Cheers.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To kick things off in terms of questions, here are my questions I sent by email to SEN - [email protected]

Some relatively easy questions: -

HERE ARE QUESTIONS WE AS MELBOURNE SUPPORTERS WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANSWERED BY DEAN BAILEY: -

Dean,

Q1/ The members want to know, "What does the club intend to do with Nathan Carroll?"

Q2/ MFC need a leader and tall marking forward - "will Jack Watts be the No.1 pick at the Mfc in the National Draft for 2008?"

Q3/ "Are the players and coaching staff looking forward to spending the Summer at Casey Fields for pre season training?"

Q4/ "What do you see as a pass mark next year in terms of wins?"

Q5/ a) Is there a short list of players that the club is looking at for the Pre Season Draft with Pick 1 on December 16th?

B) If so who are these players?

Q6/ What can Melbourne supporters look forward to in the 2009 season?

To kick things off in terms of questions, here are my questions I sent by email to SEN - [email protected]

dude. no need. I'll answer them for you.

Q1/ The members want to know, "What does the club intend to do with Nathan Carroll?"

With Nathan Carroll's case, we are trying to sort out some issues and work out what is the best course of action. We're looking forward to having discussion with Nathan and hopefully finding resolution that will satisfy both parties.

Q2/ MFC need a leader and tall marking forward - "will Jack Watts be the No.1 pick at the Mfc in the National Draft for 2008?"

Jack's a quality young player who shows everything you're looking for in a young man but there are 2-3 other outstanding talents to also consider when making that choice. No doubt whoever we pick up at pick 1, will be an exciting prospect for MFC.

Q3/ "Are the players and coaching staff looking forward to spending the Summer at Casey Fields for pre season training?"

The lads have started training this week and they all have come back looking sharp. The facilities are great down at Casey and it'll be fantastic to set up base there.

I'm not going to put a number on it but I'm looking for the team to improve and be more competitive.

Q5/ a) Is there a short list of players that the club is looking at for the Pre Season Draft with Pick 1 on December 16th?

cool.gif If so who are these players?

There;s still a long way to PSD and frankly it's too early to tell. The player we want could re-sign with their club tomorrow.

Improvements from our young kids. The likes of Petterd, Buckley, Morton, Maric, Grimes, Jones, Ferguson will all have another year in the system and will be bigger, stronger and better. Hang in there Melbourne supporters, the future's looking bright.

Not really a question more of a plea...... please for the love of god do not make Cameron Bruce captain next year.

And it would be interesting to ask them what their voting criteria was based on for season 2008 in response to Bruce debarcle.

Not really a question more of a plea...... please for the love of god do not make Cameron Bruce captain next year.

And it would be interesting to ask them what their voting criteria was based on for season 2008 in response to Bruce debarcle.

I'm pretty sure the voting criteria was in one of the threads not that long ago, it maybe worthwhile doing a search to find out the voting criteria.

Improvements from our young kids. The likes of Petterd, Buckley, Morton, Maric, Grimes, Jones, Ferguson will all have another year in the system and will be bigger, stronger and better. Hang in there Melbourne supporters, the future's looking bright.

Did I miss something?

Is there a short list of candidates for the Captaincy, and how will the leadership group be selected?

And when.

More questions for DB

a MAJOR SPONSOR.... any news yet. We keep hearing of some mystery Indian sponsor. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b CLASH JUMPER... what's the latest there

What are YOUR expectations of Colin Sylvia next year?

I want to know hat he thinks of him and whether we should be expecting him to light the field on fire with brilliance next year, i've been waiting for too long to see it!

Is there a short list of candidates for the Captaincy, and how will the leadership group be selected?

And when.

Exactly what I would be asking. But also including ."Will the club leaders be selected by the players of the coaches?

Nice work Jacey, especially the Ferguson 'mistake'. Let's face it the questions were pretty too easy for DB to fill air time with standard 'cliche' responses.

How about these questions.

Will the club be looking to draft the best available player after pick one, or will they be selecting the best player available to suit a position/type they feel they need to fill?

What types and postitions do you feel you need?

The club openly courted Robert Warnock, and from all reports tried to trade to get him, will a ruckman be high on your list this draft?

Go Dees - Building for the Future.

a/ Where is Aaron Davey's best position?

b/ How are the injured guys coming along? Robbo, Brock, Rivers.....

c/ Who is going to play the No 1 ruck role next season?

d/ Is this season Sylvia's last chance?

Thats what i have asked to be asked

This morning Dean was on SEN.

I really like Dean, in fact i think he is the right man for the job! But sometimes i wish he would just answer the question directed at him. he always manages to beat around the bush and ever really gives a yes or no answer!!

this morning he unfortunately looked like a fool. he was asked if Chopper will be there next year..... he did his usual we will sit down with nathan and his manager, ricky nixon next week and talk about things etc etc etc... (which he said last week as well mind you)

After they spoke with Dean, the SEN krew rang Ricky Nixon and asked him if Nathan will be a demon next year... Ricky had a little chuckle and straight out said NO!!!!!

this means that perhaps they have already had that chat and coming to terms with $$$ etc, (which is fine) but i think if Dean knows he wont be there, and ricky knows and nathan knows, and lets be honest we know considering he missed the B & F and didnt start training this week..... then why dont they tell us.. the paying member and loyal supporter?? i appreciate that there is a situation here with $$$ as he is contracted... but a simple NO like what ricky said would have been just fine!

dude. no need. I'll answer them for you.

With Nathan Carroll's case, we are trying to sort out some issues and work out what is the best course of action. We're looking forward to having discussion with Nathan and hopefully finding resolution that will satisfy both parties.

Jack's a quality young player who shows everything you're looking for in a young man but there are 2-3 other outstanding talents to also consider when making that choice. No doubt whoever we pick up at pick 1, will be an exciting prospect for MFC.

The lads have started training this week and they all have come back looking sharp. The facilities are great down at Casey and it'll be fantastic to set up base there.

I'm not going to put a number on it but I'm looking for the team to improve and be more competitive.

cool.gif If so who are these players?

There;s still a long way to PSD and frankly it's too early to tell. The player we want could re-sign with their club tomorrow.

This was very close to the real thing!!!! There was no earth shattering news as thats always hard to achieve with andy Maher Hogging the Mike.