PSD

Bingo

what better way to face your Demons...than by being one :lol::rolleyes:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know.. 2-3 months ago I wouldnt have even contemplated this guy. But there's a strange compulsion about it.

Now before some of you get all your knickers and Y fronts in a knot., I'l lexplain as best I can my thinking.

Can he play ? without doubt on merit he's a gun. In fact..On song he's a class above most in our team.. Hard to swallow for many, but that just IS !!!

Has he put a foot wrong lately ? No all year he's apprently knuckled down and shown amazing work ethics considering he doesnt really know if he will be inducted once more. That takes guts for mine.

Does he fit the youth mould ? No..not in the slightest. But he does have a couple of good years left in him without doubt should he keep toeing the line.

Do we need some serious mettle through the middle. ?? Does a bear sh!t in the woods !!

We are trying to develop our KPP's.. We are trying to build both a forward line and deence of note. Hard to condition a forward line if it gets no balls fed to it !! A defence can get very despondent if its under unabridged attack all day.

Can we afford him.. ?? well he'd be a bargain next to the likes of Warnock etc ( rob)

Yes we are trying to get more game time into players, to better theri comfort with playing at the elite level. Its better and easier to do this if you arent being smashed from pillar to post each week.

Would he be taking up a spot that another could use better. ?? Well get rid of Chopper and get Cousins...that would have to have an upside ??? :)

All Im saying is look at this from all sides before making your mind up!!

He's a smokey ( sic) of a very dfferent kind.

If he's clean.,..then hes a poster boy for what you CAN do...even after you stuff up. You're never too old to REACH for your goals...Are ya listening Jimma !!

He could be a very handy interim player as our team of real gells together over the next 2-3 years !!

Our rebuilding is a series of steps..not one big jump.

Please to consider !! :)

Belzebub, I agree with you 100%

You are right on the money.

But expect a backlash from the sheeps who will say that he will turn our kids to drugs.

Ignore the closed minded.

Belzebub, I agree with you 100%

You are right on the money.

But expect a backlash from the sheeps who will say that he will turn our kids to drugs.

Ignore the closed minded.

I too agree that we should give Cousins a chance, and personally would be ecstatic to get a footballer of his quality to be a role model for our kids. However, would he be happy to be picked up by a club not a realistic chance of winning a flag? Probably not. I don't want players that aren't 100% happy to be representing our club.

Yeah, i never mentioned it cos i thought it would be massively shot down... but i'd take him in a heartbeat.

As you guys above have said - he would show our boys what it takes to be an elite midfielder and player.

If anyone thinks that just having him at the club will turn the young players to drugs, i think you are seriously underestimating their intelligence.

If anything its a permanent reminder sitting right in front of you why NOT to get on the gear.

You think they don't have heaps of mates that are on it themselves and they already have to say no?

And if you think we don't already have a few dabbling, then you're kidding yourself.

Its a fact of life.

For me the media attention is more an issue than the drugs.

I reckon the club would already be thinkn about it. I know Paul Gardiner said he would never have him at the club , but he`s long gone now! Give him a 1 year contract. He will get people through the gate and there is absolutely no doubt in anyones mind we need midfield grunt. It would seem at this stage there will be stuff all else in the PSD. No brainer IMO. Our club has been criticised for living in the past and being boring. Time to spice things up and get him at the club!

Best Options if they are available for the Dees:

1. Chuck Norris

2. Steven Segal

3. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

The upcoming PSD is shallow as a 18yo super model. Forget it, not going to be much worth chasing.

I reckon the club would already be thinkn about it. I know Paul Gardiner said he would never have him at the club , but he`s long gone now! Give him a 1 year contract. He will get people through the gate and there is absolutely no doubt in anyones mind we need midfield grunt. It would seem at this stage there will be stuff all else in the PSD. No brainer IMO. Our club has been criticised for living in the past and being boring. Time to spice things up and get him at the club!

A 1 year contract wont do it! 2 years with an optional 3rd if criteria is met.

Excitement would be grand if we could get him in the Red & Blue! The No. 9 jumper is the only one that would do it aswell! Would look odd in any other. No. 9 has leadership written all over it along with No. 5!

Guest red and blue thru n thru

I wouldnt mind having him accually although i highly doubt he would come to the dees.

My reasons being that he will get people through the gates and attract fans and supporter bass wich we really need badly.

Also he could help develope the younger he has alot of experience thatt we now lack.

As long as he doesent ask of too much money and obviously stay of the drugs i say take him.

I posted this in the "Ben Cousins @ Junction Oval" thread..... but thought it would be better suited here.....

Media Announcement

"I, Ben Cousins, have called this media conference to let the football public know that I am back. A lot has been written over the past year or so, and obviously not all of it has been good. I let certain things in my life get way out of control, and it has taken a lot of time and hard work to get my mind back to full fitness.... But I am clean, fresh, obviously physically fit [tears open shirt] :lol: and will be going into the PSD...

Now a lot of media people have linked me with clubs like Collingwood and St Kilda, because I am only going to a side that will give me a crack at another Premiership..... But I am here tonight to announce that this is absolute crap! I have been in regular contact with the Melbourne Football Club and will be taken as their No. 1 pick.... I am happy to announce that I will be signing a 3 year deal worth $150k a year.... To those of you who presumed I was going to a club for a flag, you were wrong!

I have a flag.... I have a Brownlow.... I have achieved success at the highest level.... But above all..... I have stuffed up!!! I owe it to myself to repay the game of Aussie Rules and it's fans.... This great game has given me the opportunity of a lifetime.... I took that opportunity.... And then I threw it back in the game's face.... I am embarrassed about this.... And so I make it my mission to pass on as much knowledge, skill and committment to the oldest club in the game..... The Melbourne Football Club..... This proud club does not deserve to finish last.... And I will repay the football world by doing everything in my power to bring this great club back to where it belongs!

One last thing..... Those journos who linked me with Collingwood..... That went against your whole Premiership theory.... They are further away than Melbourne!

Goodnight "

Best Options if they are available for the Dees:

1. Chuck Norris

2. Steven Segal

3. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

The upcoming PSD is shallow as a 18yo super model. Forget it, not going to be much worth chasing.

O J Simpson

what date is the psd?

November

Tuesday, November 11 (2pm) -- Uncontracted listed players nominate.

Wednesday, November 12 (2pm) -- Draft nominations close.

Friday, November 14 (2pm) -- List Lodgement 2.

Wednesday, November 19 (2pm) -- Delisted players nominate.

Saturday, November 29 (10am) -- 2008 NAB AFL Draft selection meeting (Telstra Dome).

December

Tuesday, December 2 (10am) -- Nomination of scholarship-listed player and international scholarship-listed player to rookie list.

Tuesday, December 2 (10am) -- Nomination of an international player and a player not registered for three years.

Tuesday, December 2 (2pm) -- Uncontracted listed players nominate.

Wednesday, December 3 (3pm) -- List Lodgement 3 and TPP Estimates.

Tuesday, December 9 (2pm) -- Delisted players nominate.

Tuesday, December 16 (10am) -- 2008 NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft selection meeting Tuesday, December 16 (10.15am) -- Brisbane Lions and Sydney Swans nominate eligible rookie list players.

Tuesday, December 16 (10.15am) -- Nomination of third-year rookies.

Tuesday, December 16 (10.30am) -- 2008 NAB AFL Rookie Draft selection meeting.

Honestly, all this speculation is rubbish. No offense intended. But none of these hypotheticals will come to fruition.

Unless an exceptional young player became unexpectedly available (which can't really happen at this stage), they should and most probably will take a young untried player that slips through the National Draft or a smoky out of nowhere like Stef Martin.

I think the club showed they wouldn't recycle players with Ashley Sampi. I know that's not exactly setting a precedent, but still.

And the club would have to be absolutely derelict in its duty if it didn't already have a couple of smokies up there sleeve that no other club will even consider.

Honestly, all this speculation is rubbish. No offense intended. But none of these hypotheticals will come to fruition.

And the club would have to be absolutely derelict in its duty if it didn't already have a couple of smokies up there sleeve that no other club will even consider.

The PSD (Dec 16th) can't come quick enough for some people. It seems the all the focus is off the ND (Nov 29th) which is held more than 2 weeks before the PSD.

I'm sure the club has a couple of 'smoky's' up their sleeve. If anyone can pick it, good luck to them...where's Nudge and Dee tention? I'm sure they will have 76 stabs at it each.

The PSD (Dec 16th) can't come quick enough for some people. It seems the all the focus is off the ND (Nov 29th) which is held more than 2 weeks before the PSD.

I'm sure the club has a couple of 'smoky's' up their sleeve. If anyone can pick it, good luck to them...where's Nudge and Dee tention? I'm sure they will have 76 stabs at it each.

I guess i'm just getting sick of shuddering every time i see a new post about how we should waste one of our spots on some 'tried, tested & found wanting' reject...

What makes me really cringe is that a lot of our supporters seem to think that these options would be a good idea..

far too many people are clutching at straws.

Its depressing when you're seriously concerned about the survival of your club.

I posted this in the "Ben Cousins @ Junction Oval" thread..... but thought it would be better suited here.....

Media Announcement

"I, Ben Cousins, have called this media conference to let the football public know that I am back. A lot has been written over the past year or so, and obviously not all of it has been good. I let certain things in my life get way out of control, and it has taken a lot of time and hard work to get my mind back to full fitness.... But I am clean, fresh, obviously physically fit [tears open shirt] :lol: and will be going into the PSD...

Now a lot of media people have linked me with clubs like Collingwood and St Kilda, because I am only going to a side that will give me a crack at another Premiership..... But I am here tonight to announce that this is absolute crap! I have been in regular contact with the Melbourne Football Club and will be taken as their No. 1 pick.... I am happy to announce that I will be signing a 3 year deal worth $150k a year.... To those of you who presumed I was going to a club for a flag, you were wrong!

I have a flag.... I have a Brownlow.... I have achieved success at the highest level.... But above all..... I have stuffed up!!! I owe it to myself to repay the game of Aussie Rules and it's fans.... This great game has given me the opportunity of a lifetime.... I took that opportunity.... And then I threw it back in the game's face.... I am embarrassed about this.... And so I make it my mission to pass on as much knowledge, skill and committment to the oldest club in the game..... The Melbourne Football Club..... This proud club does not deserve to finish last.... And I will repay the football world by doing everything in my power to bring this great club back to where it belongs!

One last thing..... Those journos who linked me with Collingwood..... That went against your whole Premiership theory.... They are further away than Melbourne!

Goodnight "

That little story of Ben Cousin's media "interview" was GOLD!!! :lol:

Personally I think we should at least consider taking Ben Cousins in the PSD. Why? Because there won't be much else available!

So we finish last, but the silver lining was that we'd have first crack at any good un-contracted players in the PSD.

Instead we're forced to pick up the 87th best 18 year old in the land (herald sun suggests we are only interested in 18 year olds in the PSD) . We really are going great-guns at the moment :rolleyes:

So we finish last, but the silver lining was that we'd have first crack at any good un-contracted players in the PSD.

Instead we're forced to pick up the 87th best 18 year old in the land (herald sun suggests we are only interested in 18 year olds in the PSD) . We really are going great-guns at the moment :rolleyes:

How many good players fall through to the PSD? Very few.

PSD#1 is a limited value token subject to the below.

The value of the PSD#1 pick is:

1. the ability to leverage the PSD#1 in a trade for an uncontracted player.

2. the contingent possibility that if and I mean if a good player falls to the PSD then we get first dibs at him.

3. to make naive posters froth at the mouth with the expectation that the PSD#1 lands first crack at any AFL player coming out of contract regardless of the fact he is never going to leave that Club.

The very low level of trades this year and the likelihood of no quality players in the PSD means its value is diminished.

BBP, Richmond did the same thing last year -- took Dave Gourdis with PSD pick 1. The only listed AFL player taken in last year's PSD was Scott Welsh and he went at pick 4. Hardly a big fish. It wouldn't surprise me if there were zero this year.

Welcome to the modern day Pre-Season Draft. Now that uncontracted, listed players can nominate for the National Draft, the PSD has become completely pointless in my opinion.

Guest uncle joe

If Davenport is still available when the PSD comes around we should grab him . He won't cost a lot and would be a walk up start in our side .

He is a lot better than plenty of blokes we have now .

The only other delisted player of any value would be Schmidt from Brisbane . He would get an immediate start with us as well .