Carlton Salary Cap (do they have one)?

Redleg

Try this on for size, 2009 approximate salaries: $

Judd 1m

Fevola 750k

Stevens 500

Warnock 400

Murphy 400

Thornton 350 ( wanted to leave and got more )

Waite 300

Gibbs 300

Fisher 250

Simpson 250

Houlihan 250

Cloke 250

Kreuzer 100 ( 300 at least 2010 )

Betts 200

Walker 200

Carazzo 200

Hadley 200

Bannister 150

Russell 150

Wiggins 150

Ackland 150

O'Hailpin 150

That is $6.65 for 22 players. If the list is 42 then the other 20 players are sharing about $1m if the cap is $7.5M ( I stand to be corrected on cap figure ). That is about $50k a player. Given that new draftees are on about $50k I think, then the Blues must have about 20 players earning aprox $50k each.

I don't think so.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simple: the remaining 23 slaves (the 4 rookies don't count in the salary cap) play for the love of the game i.e. nothing.

Fortunatley, said slaves manage to get by because they are lucky enough to co-incidentally all have spouses/partners/concubines/children gainfully employed by the Dick Pratt legal defence fund (an independent non profit making charitable institution registered with the CIA, FBI and ASIO) licking stamps on envelopes at a rate of $500.00 per hour.

I won't pick this appart Redleg, for they are approximates. Just on Marc Murphy, did I hear right on SEN, that he still has not signed with Carlton yet? I know they probably will sign him, as he finished 2nd in their B&F. But geez they better finish signing him up. Before the wolves start circling.

Imagine if he slipped through to a club....... :lol:

ahh geez...Cap ...its such a hard and fast definition... .

A possible answer from Princess Park ...( sorry Vysion World )

Carlton: "We prefer the more fluid approach ..and deal in concepts rather than definites..its so not 2008 to be mired in externally enforced parameters when as a club we like to move with the times. Youhave to ask..what is a salary..and why do we have them... This confinement is so unfairly limiting. We look at remuneration with much broader outcomes. These are worked within club described outlines, they are more dynamic and work for us well.

Cap: Cap is also a bad word. Cap infers a restiction to our visions of achievements. We at Carlton dont impose such 20th century thinking .It can only constrain and unfairlly impact our potential as a club.We prefer to look at this interms of ideals and targets. Like much in 21st Century dealings these are goals rather than specifics"

It is our intent as an organisation to promote not stifle the abilities and rewards of our partners and participants and as such wil lfully concur withe idea of workign with the AFL on these issues as club focus and direction allows.

Thankyou for your interest in the Carlton Club !!! :rolleyes:

Visy clearly dont.

Nice. That's pretty much it. I would just love to see Carlton get done again. After all their bleating for the last 7 years about the severity of their draft sanctions, they would be in for a big surprise if they were found guilty again. There needs to be some serious investigation into what is becoming a complete joke for the AFL.

Part of the whole sneaky side of things is one element as I believe was touched upon with Dutchy's dealing ( at least I think It was Dutchy ) re Richmond. ..Is teh roundabout deals. There is nothign wrong or illegal or undehanded with respect to player sinvesting and participating in other "things" Its when there is a direct link and likely hood of salary substitution that it gets murky !!

Player A is paid by club B. A take s some money and invests into a project or asett D recommended or setup by C. C has no direct links with club B other than ..a roundabout and web like association of sorts via other parties. Such investment is underwritten so that A cant lose and in such a way that any exposure to D does not come about til well after player A's career is over.

In one way..A B and C have done nothing more than look after everyones interests. There really is nothing you could do to prevent this as its entirely legal and within anyones right to commerce. It does rather go agaisnt the spirit of the CAp..and some deals when blatantly offered as "part" of the remuneration package have caught the eyes of the AFL.. But if its all done with a wink and a nod..well all I can say is I hope we're doing it too. :)) there's always a way. Seems some clubs are far and away beter at it than we are. Still we've had advertising people and no advertising..so go figure :rolleyes:

There is a Real World out there..and "stuff " happens... youd be a fool to think not

Carlton have NO depth.

This is proven by the fact that Thornton had a crap season and still got top 10 in bnf.

Their best 18 might be highly paid but after that no player would command any kind of pay packet.

I still think they'll struggle with salary cap in a couple of years when Gibbs and Murphy command big salaries.

Do they have a salary cap?

Plenty more room in the infinite salary cap by the look of this - they've been sniffing around Ben McKinley as well - Eagles ward off Victorian poachers

The question is whether Demetriou will act as swiftly as he did when he issued Melbourne with a please explain after the Warnock power point presentation?

Nice. That's pretty much it. I would just love to see Carlton get done again. After all their bleating for the last 7 years about the severity of their draft sanctions, they would be in for a big surprise if they were found guilty again. There needs to be some serious investigation into what is becoming a complete joke for the AFL.

If the salary cap is there to protect the 'evenness' of the AFL, how is it possible that Carlton can be getting away with what EVERYONE clearly knows they are doing.. This is why Demetrou should be embarrassed every time he looks in the mirror each morning.

I wouldn't be suprised if Judd wasn't on minimum wage with a 2,000,000 retainer from VISY.

I just saw Stephen Icke on Fox sports News getting of a plane in WA with a big brown paper bag

it was reported he was meeting with Freo to hand over above mentioned paper bag

It was also reported he would be making enquiries to the eagles about Daniel Kerr and the size of the paper bag that would be required to get him over to Carltank.

IN unrelated news Visy has just launched a new product line - THe mighty brown paper sack 70 times the size of regular brown paper bags

The salary cap is in fact a reference to the physical cap that contains the cash.

Brown paper bags are sooooo 1990's.

So yes, they have one.

They had owned one a few years back when they went before the AFL & Vlad, holding said CaP in hand. They emerged without the cap but holding a bag full of Dracma's, & a future with No1 picks, Afl support & a cardboard cutout in the figurine of a well rounded portly bent, are gent.

When the figurine fell foul of the Southern lands laws, they saw fit that this was their man to lead them back out of the black forest, by hook or by crook.

Still the crowd jeered but Nero gave the thumbs up, & the plight of the bluebloods grew healthier & fatter off the refuse of the apethetic masses.

Today the AFL, tomorrow the world.

& to the rest of the unruly hoard, a big ring finger to the sky.

Thanks vlad.

Guest unstable punt

Judd 1m

Fevola 750k

Stevens 500

Warnock 400

Murphy 400

Waite 300

Gibbs 300

Fisher 250

Simpson 250

Houlihan 250

Cloke 250

Betts 200

Walker 200

Carazzo 200

Hadley 200

Bannister 150

Russell 150

Wiggins 150

Ackland 150

O'Hailpin 150

That is $6.65 for 22 players. If the list is 42 then the other 20 players are sharing about $1m if the cap is $7.5M ( I stand to be corrected on cap figure ). That is about $50k a player. Given that new draftees are on about $50k I think, then the Blues must have about 20 players earning aprox $50k each.

I don't think so.

l've been doing the sums in my head and you are spot on, there must be at least 20 players on base wages 65-100k a year for everyone to fit, it amazes me how blatant they are too, Icke was talking before going to Perth saying he was going to try and get Warnock and Kerr and quote "we have plenty of room in our salary cap" unquote, they are cheating without doubt but scumbag Demetriou will do nothing because he is intimidated by Pratts billions. Who knows he might be throwing him a couple of million as well, he's got 4-5 billion to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

l've been doing the sums in my head and you are spot on, there must be at least 20 players on base wages 65-100k a year for everyone to fit, it amazes me how blatant they are too, Icke was talking before going to Perth saying he was going to try and get Warnock and Kerr and quote "we have plenty of room in our salary cap" unquote, they are cheating without doubt but scumbag Demetriou will do nothing because he is intimidated by Pratts billions. Who knows he might be throwing him a couple of million as well, he's got 4-5 billion to play with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So if they manage to also lure Kerr over with the carrot of playing with Judas again, those other 22 minions will now be playing for zilcho. Like right!!!!!!!!!

There is no way the cheats can get away with this. They must be stopped!! But by who??? Demetriou seems useless or doesnt wish to rock any rich boats.

I'd rather win a premiership through hard work a la Geelong than buy one.

I dont really care...id buy one !!

been a while ;)

we just dont have the choice

So if they manage to also lure Kerr over with the carrot of playing with Judas again, those other 22 minions will now be playing for zilcho. Like right!!!!!!!!!

There is no way the cheats can get away with this. They must be stopped!! But by who??? Demetriou seems useless or doesnt wish to rock any rich boats.

Demetriou is too pre-occupied with pouring $100 million into West Sydney to worry about the "Carlton Crew"

Judd 1m

Fevola 750k

Stevens 500

Warnock 400

Murphy 400

Waite 300

Gibbs 300

Fisher 250

Simpson 250

Houlihan 250

Cloke 250

Betts 200

Walker 200

Carazzo 200

Hadley 200

Bannister 150

Russell 150

Wiggins 150

Ackland 150

O'Hailpin 150

Gee, if I were one of those three I'd be enjoying my time at Carlton. That kind of money far exceeds what they deserve based on their ability.