New CEO

Redleg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caroline Wilson suggested on 3AW that new Melbourne CEO may be a former AFL CEO now involved in another sport.

Brian Waldron was the name that came to mind.

if memory serves me correctly this is a name bandied about some time ago as a whisper.. I mean before PMac. i.e not the first time he has be associated with MFC as a potential...maybe a second bite of a cherry or similar

Guest unstable punt
Caroline Wilson suggested on 3AW that new Melbourne CEO may be a former AFL CEO now involved in another sport.

could be Danny Corcoran(spelling?) too

Hasn't Waldron been less than complimentary of the MFC in the past?

Yes... and being frank.. he's probaly in a position to be a little that way inclined. He doesnt mince words to much for sure :):lol:

Am I the only person who finds it hard to believe that we wouldn't have moved Pmac on if we didn't have a replacement organized already?

Hasn't Waldron been less than complimentary of the MFC in the past?

Yes, but he doesn't mince words.

nah he wasnt. he is the ceo of athletics australia now though obviously but i doubt he would come back to melbourne now

But Corcoran wasn't a former CEO of the AFL, which is what Redleg and Caro referred to in the opening post.

Am I the only person who finds it hard to believe that we wouldn't have moved Pmac on if we didn't have a replacement organized already?

Its hard to comprehend, but only Jimmy and the board have the answers on what the moved swiftly.

Ask yourself the question who was/were the party (ies) and what were their motives when they successively leaked sensitive and confidential MFC Boardroom discussions about the incumbent CEO (Harris and McNamee) to the press. Both leaks ensured the tenure of both CEOs untenable and both were dismissed.

lets not get too carried away with Waldron. whilst i quite like the guy, he arrived at the storm when they were in very good shape, and i'm not sure he looks in the rearview mirror too often after he left richmond and st.kilda.

What happened to Schwabby.

lets not get too carried away with Waldron. whilst i quite like the guy, he arrived at the storm when they were in very good shape, and i'm not sure he looks in the rearview mirror too often after he left richmond and st.kilda.

Agreed. And you only need to look at the state of those 2 clubs when he left. Nice bloke, but probably suited to the ARL culture than the AFL culture now.

I listen to Waldron most Fridays on SEN. I would be very interested in him as CEO. He runs a good ship at Melbourne Storm, in a very hostile environment. Players are very Happy at Storm on the whole. I think he would view the MFC as a real Challenge.

Time will tell

I listen to Waldron most Fridays on SEN. I would be very interested in him as CEO. He runs a good ship at Melbourne Storm, in a very hostile environment. Players are very Happy at Storm on the whole. I think he would view the MFC as a real Challenge.

Time will tell

Don't forget when assessing Waldron's "form", you have to take into account that the Storm are backed by News Ltd. They are still not standing on their own two feet. 10 years they have been in the competition. They have played in their last two grand finals, they are a one team town and have just on 10,000 members. And that number has not increased significantly in that last two years.

Whilst the Storm players might be happy, do you think the NRL are happy with the clubs and Waldron's progress?

He may sound alright on SEN on Friday's with KB, and he may seem he doesn't pull any punches, but being CEO of the Melbournefc is a whole new ball game when you don't have the financial backing like the Storm does with News Ltd.

Don't forget when assessing Waldron's "form", you have to take into account that the Storm are backed by News Ltd. They are still not standing on their own two feet. 10 years they have been in the competition. They have played in their last two grand finals, they are a one team town and have just on 10,000 members. And that number has not increased significantly in that last two years.

Whilst the Storm players might be happy, do you think the NRL are happy with the clubs and Waldron's progress?

He may sound alright on SEN on Friday's with KB, and he may seem he doesn't pull any punches, but being CEO of the Melbournefc is a whole new ball game when you don't have the financial backing like the Storm does with News Ltd.

I am well aware of all that. The Storm are doing a hell of a lot better than the other NRL clubs in Sydney & Brisbane i assure you. Having News Ltd. Breathing down your neck would not be easy. Waldron would have to be right on the ball. We need someone like him To Push Melbourne out into the world more. We have been to Cocooned for too long IMO

Dont care who and from where

Administrators at CEO level make or break sporting clubs

we have had our fair share of lame ducks

Our survival might just depend on who we select this time

I am well aware of all that. The Storm are doing a hell of a lot better than the other NRL clubs in Sydney & Brisbane i assure you. Having News Ltd. Breathing down your neck would not be easy. Waldron would have to be right on the ball. We need someone like him To Push Melbourne out into the world more. We have been to Cocooned for too long IMO

Without the financial backing of News Ltd, the Storm would be a basket case. David Gallop mentioned on the NRL Footy Show a couple of weeks ago that the Storm were a financial concern.

And I don't know where you get your facts from in regards to Brisbane. They are the most financially secure team in the NRL.

Without the financial backing of News Ltd, the Storm would be a basket case. David Gallop mentioned on the NRL Footy Show a couple of weeks ago that the Storm were a financial concern.

And I don't know where you get your facts from in regards to Brisbane. They are the most financially secure team in the NRL.

'Mo' is right 'why you little', I saw that Footy Show with David Gallop, and the Storm is a concern for the NRL. ;)

'Mo' is right 'why you little', I saw that Footy Show with David Gallop, and the Storm is a concern for the NRL. ;)

All Clubs in the NRL are a concern right Now, that's my point. The Leagues Clubs aern't pulling the same money they were. (Pokies no smoking Laws etc.) The clubs are not membership driven like ours.

Sure melbourne Storm are Backed by News Ltd. The Money still has to be well Spent. The Storm are Sponsored by News Ltd. Good. That's why they are Hated. The Storm also Recriut well don't Forget, and that is not always money. That is Smarts

All Clubs in the NRL are a concern right Now, that's my point. The Leagues Clubs aern't pulling the same money they were. (Pokies no smoking Laws etc.) The clubs are not membership driven like ours.

Sure melbourne Storm are Backed by News Ltd. The Money still has to be well Spent. The Storm are Sponsored by News Ltd. Good. That's why they are Hated. The Storm also Recriut well don't Forget, and that is not always money. That is Smarts

The whole NRL is "sponsored" by its banker of last resort News Corp. The Storm have not paid their financial way at all. Smart recruiting is the smarts of the Football department not the CEO.

Could it be Ben Buckley, the CEO of the FFA (Soccer)?

Hell, that would be one huge backward career step for Buckley.