Umpires Today

dazzledavey36

Could someone tell me where the umpires live so i can murder them!

That was one of the worse efforts i have seen in a long time!! ffs there was soo many errors i could pick!

Made me so angry they hardly let the game flow through!

I am off to clean my gun :angry:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst display of umpiring i have ever witnessed. Constantly bad.......over four quarters!

Very very irritating...the boys did not deserve treatment like that

Agree, we deserved 5 free's most of those in our F50 that all resulted in the ball going up the other end and they kicked 4 goals 1 point from them, they were disgraceful, beyond anything I have seen in a long time, especially the bruce one and when fletcher jumped with both hands on Sylvia's shoulders. Dunstall and Shaw were scathing of them at times and rightly so.

Agree with all above.

Indeed, if the umpires weren't so incredibly rubbish, and we hit targets, anything could've happened today.

Some of their decisions were outrageous. If only there were more Melbourne fans to actually give them sh$t

For the first time in a long long time I had to stay home and watch the game on TV as I'm sick.

I therefore had the great pleasure of listening to the Foxtel commentary (do these people ever just shut up? and can Shaw PLEASE learn how to properly pronounce players' names?!). Even the commentators were appalled at the disgraceful display of umpiring, that's how terrible they were.

The inconsistencies and the fact that half the time they miss obvious things but pick up on a player sneezing 100 meters away on the opposite side just blows me away.

If only there were more Melbourne fans to actually give them sh$t

Exactly. There were 46,000 at the game today. 40,000 of which would have been Scum supporters. Our fans and even supporters are woeful. A weak, pathetic effort from the so called faithful of the MFC.

Stuff the umpires and their extremely poor form, the insipid performance today was from our supporters.

What with with the Aussie and Dunn chasing the ball on the flank in the last quarter with Watson, and Watson getting the free?

Actually, I thought that one was totally right. Lynden Dunn manhandled Watson a little too much, particularly given that Wona was definitely going to get the ball.

Exactly. There were 46,000 at the game today. 40,000 of which would have been Scum supporters. Our fans and even supporters are woeful. A weak, pathetic effort from the so called faithful of the MFC.

Stuff the umpires and their extremely poor form, the insipid performance today was from our supporters.

I sat in the 3rd level of the Southern Stand near the 50 metre mark. I swear it was 95% Essendon.

Painful Painful stuff.

Who knows what the final free kick count was? At some point during the 4th qtr it was 29 to 17. They got at least 3 more after that.

That constant blowing of the whistle during centre ball-ups, then paying them a cheap free kick out of the centre cost us big time. It happened so often it got a (bad) joke at one stage. Was it for tiggy touch technicalities like holding jumpers? Both sides were doing that but all the free kicks out of the centre went the Bombers' way.

Today the umpires were blatantly unfair. I heard some Demons fans who felt it ruined the game to the point they don't want to come again.

Last week it was one umpire in particular. The one James Hird got fined for suggesting he was a cheat. He prances around so everyone notices him, loves the attention.

Problem is, nobody's allowed to criticise them. Sure recipe for no accountability, and a totally biased result like today. Pathetic!

The legging of Bruce was a disgraceful decision. There was no sense of fair play operating in that decision.

What happened when we got a free kick (last qtr) for a player falling into I think Silvia's back? Silvia went back to take it, the Melbourne player with the ball handballed it to Silvia and the umpire immediately called play-on. Silvia had to kick it quickly and Lloyd marked 55 out. Goal :(

Did I get it wrong, or the umpire? Whatever, nobody around me seemed to know what was happening, indicative of umpiring that had lost control & respect by that stage.

How about when Bruce marked the ball 45 meters out, his opponent didn't let go of him, he gets legged and it was called play on.

That was so infuriating. The inconsistencies with things such as hands in the back (Dustin Fletcher- I am looking at you), throwing the ball and head-high contact in particular were ridiculous. Even the Bombers supporters behind us couldn't believe how pathetic the umpiring was.

It honestly does make you not want to come back. It's hard enough having a young, inexperienced team with no full forward and at times, the scratchiest game plan going around, and then to be massacred by the umpires like that is just so frusturating as there is really nothing we can do about it. :angry: :angry: