Nick Naitanui

Tex

We'd be mad not to take Naitinui.

There were 4 blokes who thought L. Franklin was suspect as well.

Wasn't one of those blokes from Hawthorn? They chose Roughhead before choosing Franklin, right?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essendon will have to make this decision not us.

They are looking worse by the week and we are not.

I go for Nat personally, for a myriad of reasons - some not football related.

But, as we can see with our future CHF Morton - you have a top 5 pick, you have a good player.

Morton will not be a CHF.

I'm not sure about Naitanui. I mean he obviously has great athletic potential, but it is a potential risk and I'd rather a gun KPP over a gun ruck.

I'll trust the club to make the right choice with whatever pick we have, but I'd kill for a quality KPP.

I'm not sure about Naitanui. I mean he obviously has great athletic potential, but it is a potential risk and I'd rather a gun KPP over a gun ruck.

This guy is not JUST a ruck!! He has a lot of potential. Rest him in the goal square.. kick it in his genral direction.. Whos going to out jump him ?? :rolleyes:;)

This guy is not JUST a ruck!! He has a lot of potential. Rest him in the goal square.. kick it in his genral direction.. Whos going to out jump him ?? :rolleyes:;)

Hadn;t thought of that lol. :lol:

Ofcourse it all depends how they all go the last 3 months before being drafted.

I remember Palmer broke out in the national championships late last year! He then continued on his form by playing a number of high 20 disposal games in the WAFL.

ATM, Rich isn't doing very much at WAFL level. if he continues getting 10-14 possies each game then who knows ... but then again he could break out and play some awesome WAFL games which would put him up to number 1. Same goes for Hurley, who is playing rly good footy ATM.

Naitanui seems to be doing awesome in the WAFL averaging 13 possies, 5 tackes and 1 goal a game as a young ruckman playing Swan Districts. This is fantastic return. If he comes out and dominated the championships there is no doubt in my mind he should be number.

If Naitanui comes out in the second half of the year and plays some great games, and dominated the championships, then we'd be absolutely NUTS not to pick him. He could easily be a once in a generation player who freakness brings 1000s to the game. He could be an absolute superstar.

For those who think Rich is a sure bet to be a superstar, i think you'll find the Bryce Gibbs was similarly hyped up pre-draft as being the absolute standout gun midfielder in the draft. 3 years on he's hardly played a good game and if anything will become a good player, rather than a superstar.

We'd be mad not to take Naitinui.

There were 4 blokes who thought L. Franklin was suspect as well.

Actually all 16 clubs were a little concerned about his off field behaviour and ability to deal with being physically targeted.

Football wise I think he was always regarded as the best that year.

And for the person who brought up Bryce Gibbs - he doesn't turn 20 until next year. Still heaps young and he's improved heaps this year

As long as they are prepared to bleed 'red and blue' - I don't really care. (well I do, but I have no say in the matter).

I truely believe Dean Bailey will choose the player who is prepared to put everything on the line week in, week out. That has been obvious from watching the players recently.

Moose

A future forward line with Natanui, Bate, Davey, Woneaemirri, Maric etc.... is enough to get me salivating.

Hey all

One of the young blokes from my local club played in the WA country v city against Rich and Natanui.

He said Rich was great while not a dashing midfielder he knew how to get the ball and picked out the right option everytime. and while Natanui was a freak in the ruck he couldn't read the play and had little awareness so got crunch a lot. Country won in the end despite

Ofcourse it all depends how they all go the last 3 months before being drafted.

I remember Palmer broke out in the national championships late last year! He then continued on his form by playing a number of high 20 disposal games in the WAFL.

ATM, Rich isn't doing very much at WAFL level. if he continues getting 10-14 possies each game then who knows ... but then again he could break out and play some awesome WAFL games which would put him up to number 1. Same goes for Hurley, who is playing rly good footy ATM.

Naitanui seems to be doing awesome in the WAFL averaging 13 possies, 5 tackes and 1 goal a game as a young ruckman playing Swan Districts. This is fantastic return. If he comes out and dominated the championships there is no doubt in my mind he should be number.

If Naitanui comes out in the second half of the year and plays some great games, and dominated the championships, then we'd be absolutely NUTS not to pick him. He could easily be a once in a generation player who freakness brings 1000s to the game. He could be an absolute superstar.

For those who think Rich is a sure bet to be a superstar, i think you'll find the Bryce Gibbs was similarly hyped up pre-draft as being the absolute standout gun midfielder in the draft. 3 years on he's hardly played a good game and if anything will become a good player, rather than a superstar.

Are you kidding me? Bryce Gibbs will be a superstar, hes playing in a very average team atm, and is collecting a minimum 15 possies a game for a skinny mid. I wouldnt be complaining one bit

Tim Forsyth is 35, and he hasn't properly competed since we last made a Premiership, don't think he'll fit the youth policy. :lol:

Natanui cleared Fiji's Beijing qualifying height for the Olympics last year of over 2 metres, at a SCHOOL athletics meet!! So he's the next best thing Eastie haha

Tim Forsyth is 35, and he hasn't properly competed since we last made a Premiership, don't think he'll fit the youth policy. :lol:

Natanui cleared Fiji's Beijing qualifying height for the Olympics last year of over 2 metres, at a SCHOOL athletics meet!! So he's the next best thing Eastie haha

Having being an advocate of a good tap ruckman being vital I'm now prepared to eat humble pie and condede that maybe their importance in the modern game is diminishing.

I read in the Herald Sun today [yes I know thats an oxymoron] that Aaron Sandilands is averaging 33 hit outs per game and yet the Dockers are ranked last this year for clearances.

Food for thought.

Yeah the great tap ruckman could well be gone.

With the science put into stoppages nowadays it's basically the personnel on the ground that matter most - not the ruckman.

Nowadays a ruckman's importance is more around the ground than at centre bounces.

Having said that though, the Carlton/Brisbane game was a perfect example of how having very low quality ruckman hurts you at centre bounces when you're up against someone who's half decent (Charman)

I read in the Herald Sun today [yes I know thats an oxymoron] that Aaron Sandilands is averaging 33 hit outs per game and yet the Dockers are ranked last this year for clearances.

Food for thought.

There are two things.. one is getting the ball..the second is knowing what to do with it!! lol

Its hard to have the opportunity to succeed /[censored] up doing the second if you dont do attain the first!!

Sandilands must shake his head at times.

Some one like Natanui could be the biggest pain in the proverbial for an opposition coach. Say youre doing ok in the ruck.. so much that the oppo's is geting bogged down and not having too much impact. You can then bring on your 2nd bow ruck put the Ist ( poss Nat ) down the sharp end somewhere and suddenly the opposition has a dynamic it really isnt going to like. One of two thngs happens.. either the floodgates open and the oppo is dead in the water.. or the ruck is too much affected and you swing back to plan A.

The thing is ..a big guy with a tank can hurt teams..the other ones that is.

Especially since the the player himself has said long-term he wants to be a CHF

Yeah, someone better school him on that, lest he become a very good CHF and cannot be turned into a back flanker in the mould of an ineffectual Heath Shaw.

Morton will be able to play anywhere. That includes CHF.

The kid is 192 cm, possibly still growing?

Wait til he puts on some kilos. Talk about a mix of Pavlich/Hird/Lyon.

Exciting.

Personally I think a ruckman is the last thing we need at this stage. We have 5 already with a possibility of getting Warnock. My preference would be to go for a midfielder to help out McLean, then a couple of key forwards and then a heap of players who have the ability and speed to run and carry. Warnock, Garland and Rivers are developing into good key backs and we have Martin, Frawley and Dunn developing so I think we are OK there ATM.

I think ruckmen are overrated it's a midfielders game and they make ruckman look good. If we can use Naita(if we get him) forward and use him like Fraser at Collingwood then he will benfit the team enormously but if he's just gonna be another White then my preference would be the best midfielder in Rich.

The amount of uneducated comments in this thread is amusing.

Naitanui will 100% go at number 1.

And who ever said Rich is a jet is very wrong because he has average pace and is a tough sort of player(wich we don't need), He has a very accurate kick and can clear about 60 metres wich he uses to good effect. He has been ok in the WAFL but hasn't lived up to the expections wich were placed on him wich has seen him slip back to the pack and is rated only slightly higher than Michael Hurley and Chris Yarren. But we will have to wait until after the U/18 Champs to see how highly rated he is against players his own age.

The first thing i'm gunna say about Naitanui is that his skills and disposial of the ball are good and people always assume that just because he's such a good athlete that his skills are bad, well there not!!.

One of Naitanui's best attributes is his pressure and second efforts he is super fast and tackles like a mad man, He has a big physical presence on the field even in the WAFL against men. He also gets alot of centre clearances.

The Leap, He's running vertical leap was so high that they couldn't even messure it. He cleared the 2m qaulyfing height at a school athletics meet to represent Fiji at the Olympics. The West Coast recruiting manager(who watches him alot) said Naitanui would have no trouble going up against Sandilands because he would just jump all over him.

Naitanui has grown to about 198cm but should grow to about 200cm. He has been averaging 22 hitouts against men(alot of them are on AFL lists) in the WAFL so i can't wait to see what he does in the U/18 Champs.

post-2043-1212127368_thumb.jpg post-2043-1212127588_thumb.jpg

Guest MFC4Life
The amount of uneducated comments in this thread is amusing.

Naitanui will 100% go at number 1.

And who ever said Rich is a jet is very wrong because he has average pace and is a tough sort of player(wich we don't need), He has a very accurate kick and can clear about 60 metres wich he uses to good effect. He has been ok in the WAFL but hasn't lived up to the expections wich were placed on him wich has seen him slip back to the pack and is rated only slightly higher than Michael Hurley and Chris Yarren. But we will have to wait until after the U/18 Champs to see how highly rated he is against players his own age.

The first thing i'm gunna say about Naitanui is that his skills and disposial of the ball are good and people always assume that just because he's such a good athlete that his skills are bad, well there not!!.

One of Naitanui's best attributes is his pressure and second efforts he is super fast and tackles like a mad man, He has a big physical presence on the field even in the WAFL against men. He also gets alot of centre clearances.

The Leap, He's running vertical leap was so high that they couldn't even messure it. He cleared the 2m qaulyfing height at a school athletics meet to represent Fiji at the Olympics. The West Coast recruiting manager(who watches him alot) said Naitanui would have no trouble going up against Sandilands because he would just jump all over him.

Naitanui has grown to about 198cm but should grow to about 200cm. He has been averaging 22 hitouts against men(alot of them are on AFL lists) in the WAFL so i can't wait to see what he does in the U/18 Champs.

post-2043-1212127368_thumb.jpg post-2043-1212127588_thumb.jpg

What he/she said.