• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Where were you?

I'm not going to waste much more of my time talking because all MelbourneFC and everyone to do with it seem to do is talk.I will get straight to the point.

What an embarrassment that only 40k turned up today. Not only farewell someone whose heart beats truer than any of us, but make a statement to all concerned, that this this proud club is not going anywhere. Ever. In this humble supporters opinion I think its an absolute disgrace. Don't bother voicing your opinion, lamenting our poor season, judging our coach, president, football department or players past and present, if you can't turn up to a Melbourne v Hawthorn game on a Sunday, when not only are we farewelling a true champion of our club, a person who embodies everything which should be MFC, but when our pride is at stake. Understand the future of MFC is in the hands of the supporters. No one else. Understand that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perth...but riding acroos the nulla next week back to melb..will catch up with neita hopefully and will be good to get back to the g..

nothing worse than living over here and not having any media coverage except this and demonology.. Unfortunately the official website doesnt have as much info as on here.. would be good to know who on here is really in the know down the club...so we could kinda trust some of the info a bet more.

Trent

Watched son play for Balwyn Tigers... then made way to MCG for second half... All car parks closed (go figure!!!). Parked near Richmond Station, got in to witness Demons put up best four quarter effort of year. Haven't watched first half yet so my comments are not tainted by any performances in first half. Bruce played well in third, Wonna continues to show unique awareness, Melbourne looked better when PJ in centre square, Jones, Bate, Garland very satisfying youngsters, Miller quiet, our Morton has the Robbie moves (baulk, take time, exceelent decision making, finds a mate by foot), Brock is still a good guy, Moloney was impressive in third, I love Davey (say no more!), Only once while I was watching did handball get us into the sort of trouble that has been an epidemic in early rounds (when Brock got caught with the pill in the last Q)... UMPIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They systematically changed the rules of the game by not honouring the 'caught with the ball after prior opportunity, rule. Hawthorn, in particular Mitchell, benefitted most from this flacid performance! (we did get away with a few!).

I'm not going to waste much more of my time talking because all MelbourneFC and everyone to do with it seem to do is talk.I will get straight to the point.

What an embarrassment that only 40k turned up today. Not only farewell someone whose heart beats truer than any of us, but make a statement to all concerned, that this this proud club is not going anywhere. Ever. In this humble supporters opinion I think its an absolute disgrace. Don't bother voicing your opinion, lamenting our poor season, judging our coach, president, football department or players past and present, if you can't turn up to a Melbourne v Hawthorn game on a Sunday, when not only are we farewelling a true champion of our club, a person who embodies everything which should be MFC, but when our pride is at stake. Understand the future of MFC is in the hands of the supporters. No one else. Understand that.

Agree wholeheartedly! In fact I am speechless at our supporters lack of spine. Fair enough to those with kids playn footy or interstate fans but anyone who didnt go cos they couldnt be bothered should be ashamed of themselves. As Brian Taylor said during the call Melb fans are pissweak for not making a statement today. Excuse the language but they were his words! :angry:

Unfortunately Golly, the Hawthorn supporters did turn up today, I sit in the Southern stand and looking accross at our reserved seats in the new stand they were only one third full. The greatest servent of the since Robbie Flower retires and not even our members show up. I bagged Jeff Kennett on Friday but after today he had every reason to line us up.

To all you band wagon front running supporters you not only missed your chance to say good bye to Neita but you also missed a snapshot of our future, and it was extremely positive.

Unfortunately Golly, the Hawthorn supporters did turn up today, I sit in the Southern stand and looking accross at our reserved seats in the new stand they were only one third full. The greatest servent of the since Robbie Flower retires and not even our members show up. I bagged Jeff Kennett on Friday but after today he had every reason to line us up.

To all you band wagon front running supporters you not only missed your chance to say good bye to Neita but you also missed a snapshot of our future, and it was extremely positive.

Well said.

Unfortunately Golly, the Hawthorn supporters did turn up today, I sit in the Southern stand and looking accross at our reserved seats in the new stand they were only one third full. The greatest servent of the since Robbie Flower retires and not even our members show up.

Same. I was shocked to look across the ground at less than half full bays.

We were well and truly outumbered (3 to 1 is my guess). The turn out in the MCC was pathetic also. If we are still the most heavily supported team by MCC members I will go he. I know there are many who buy MFC memberships and come along every week but the majority would have to be free loaders, there in the good times, absent in the bad.

Our supporters are a fickle bunch. They have been for a while and will be for quite some time yet. This is why we will never be a powerhouse club (financially). We just don't have the supporters, and the one's we do have, half of them can't be stuffed rocking up to games.

i would have thought that the dorks had atleast 20-25k members at the game. MFC fans and supporters, not members, are the fickle bunch. And don't get me started with the MCC members that aren't MFC members.

We were well and truly outumbered (3 to 1 is my guess). The turn out in the MCC was pathetic also. If we are still the most heavily supported team by MCC members I will go he. I know there are many who buy MFC memberships and come along every week but the majority would have to be free loaders, there in the good times, absent in the bad.

I disagree. 3 to 2 Melbs way. We had more support.

I was there and I reckon the Dorks supporters well out-numbered the MFC fans. Probably because the reckoned that they were going to [censored] us by 100 points again!

The scariest part was that I reckon that in the MCC members there was 50% Dorks members!

A great day spoiled by umpiring in the last quarter - [censored] happens though.

Got to put it in perspective 1st Vs 16th and from what I saw they are not in the hunt for a premiership this year.

Best laugh I had all day was when they hit the front and the fns were going off their nut, reminding the Dorks fans that it was 1st Vs 16th!

Moose

I'm not going to waste much more of my time talking because all MelbourneFC and everyone to do with it seem to do is talk. I will get straight to the point.

What an embarrassment that only 40k turned up today. Understand the future of MFC is in the hands of the supporters. No one else. Understand that.

I won't bag the Dees barrackers not there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but say well done to those who turned up for the occaision.

What can we do?

It annoys the hell out of me.

We can stop fixturing 17 - 18 whatever games on Sundays.

Junior sporting commitments whipe out any chance of attending.

Amazingly we have 4 Demon familes effected in the U15's alone.

Who said Demon supporters where a dieing breed?

U13's % U14's - 12.30pm start

U15's & U16's - 2.00pm start

Anyone else got specific problems with Sunday games?

I was loud and proud on the 50m arc with a tear in the eye as the car drove past.

PS, shame to the p*ssweak guy rattling a tin at me after the game and booing me and my club. Kudos to the Dees supporter behind me (who i've never met in my life) who got stuck into the [censored]!

Nice work booing Kennett when the tassie hawks pres got himself some screen time on the scoreboard though.. go sell off the poos and pees to the highest bidder already.

Still, i was disappointed at the turnout as well.

I was up in the G.S.Stand, and i was cutting a very lonely red and blue figure up there.

I was in the Great Southern Stand from about 11.30am watching Vic Metro v Vic Country.......seeing Hurley, Barolli, Blease, Zaharakis, etc.

I was there... and two bays to my left (I was in M12 I think) was the one and only, Jimmy Stynes supporting with the average Joe supporter. Good to see that he wasn't sitting back sharing jokes with the the opposition president and a representative from the AFL heirarchy... especially after both had a lot to say about how crap the club was going off the field.

Jimmy will have his finger on the pulse as to what the average supporter will want, and I reckon he will be an awesome president when the time comes.

Melbourne have the worse supporters and congrats to thoes who went. It was a brillient game and the sight of bate, mclean, jones, austin, valenti, moloney, garland all made me smile. But this club has not got enough pashionate supporters and will struggle to ever be a powerhouse without them. If u follow melbourne get to the ground. These guys are doing there best and part of following a club is to watch them play well and at times watch them struggle. If u call urself a supporter but dont go to games or chip in finantually or with presence then just dont follow the club.

Yeah, was an ok day given what we expected would happen...

I was thrilled that most of the best performed were young...

I've found that when I've gone this year I've seen a few things that made it worth coming. If only other fans felt the same way.