Cameron Bruce

Oh my god - how can one of the club's higher paid players and club leaders continue to be unable to kick the ball... if he fell out of a boat, he would not hit water!!

the two shots at goal were embarrassing and deflate the hard work of those in front - the vision of morton to kick the ball to him was high class....

the other matter of course is where do you play him??

Alas..I feel its way past able to teach him any kicking ability !! lol :lol::rolleyes: I mean if you cant kick now.. its not going to change overnight !!

Play him in the middle for Sandringham, if you can't kick you can't play AFL, except if your a stopping player. Today's game is fast and skillful if you can't perform the fundimental skill of the game you shouldn't be playing at this level.

hey guys with short memories lol come on bruce was favourite for the brownlow two years ago.. he had an injury all last year and again preseason . this does two things first you lose your confidence and the other more important thing is you change your style to relieve the pain.. i had my left knee tore off and i then developed a hip complaint without even knowing i chaged my stance and stride to easy the pain a of the knee.. and this developed stronger muscles in my glutes that had to compensate for my knee strentgh.. i think if we could rest our older players for the rest of the year and get them right for next year we would be on fire.. seriously all the injuries we had with crap rehab we just shove them back out there and expect them to get better by putting more strain on these injuries lol its laughable and wont change until we have some money.

hey guys with short memories lol come on bruce was favourite for the brownlow two years ago.. and again preseason . .

Oh yes, that old chestnut.

Bruce was Brownlow medal favorite after 4 or 5 rounds of the 1943 season. What a superstar. Move over Ablett, Matthews and Carey.

I don't think Bruce has ever been a great kick but his poor kicking for goal is realy noticeable. You used to be able to count on Bruce to kick about 20 goals a season now it's just 20 behinds.

His technique has always been poor in that he tends to rip both hands off the ball about the same time when the right hand should remain a little longer to control the ball position; this also effects his balance. Pick the odd man out of this lot. Even Frawley's style is good, he just has peculiar timing.

omoowl0.jpg

His technique has always been poor in that he tends to rip both hands off the ball about the same time when the right hand should remain a little longer to control the ball position; this also effects his balance. Pick the odd man out of this lot. Even Frawley's style is good, he just has peculiar timing.

omoowl0.jpg

Nice to see Juice Newton giving the bird to all his haters whilst kicking for goal. What a talented kid.

hey guys with short memories lol come on bruce was favourite for the brownlow two years ago.. he had an injury all last year and again preseason . this does two things first you lose your confidence and the other more important thing is you change your style to relieve the pain.. i had my left knee tore off and i then developed a hip complaint without even knowing i chaged my stance and stride to easy the pain a of the knee.. and this developed stronger muscles in my glutes that had to compensate for my knee strentgh.. i think if we could rest our older players for the rest of the year and get them right for next year we would be on fire.. seriously all the injuries we had with crap rehab we just shove them back out there and expect them to get better by putting more strain on these injuries lol its laughable and wont change until we have some money.

Well said Surfa. It's wonderful to see all these EXPERTS criticising Bruce's kicking. They no doubt all have simply flawless kicking styles. Bruce, by his standards, had a quiet day but still managed 19 possessions at 79% efficiency. AT LEAST HE CAN GET THE BALL. Brian Dixon, was a champion Melbourne wingman and he was a shocking kick. Give credit you guys for Cam being able to win the ball. Bruce works his guts out on the opponent's star players week in and week out and does a bloody good job on them.

That was '05 and he was on fire. But he couldn't kick then and he can't kick now. All helicopters and such, not pretty.

Still valuable though...

Well said Surfa. It's wonderful to see all these EXPERTS criticising Bruce's kicking. They no doubt all have simply flawless kicking styles. Bruce, by his standards, had a quiet day but still managed 19 possessions at 79% efficiency. AT LEAST HE CAN GET THE BALL. Brian Dixon, was a champion Melbourne wingman and he was a shocking kick. Give credit you guys for Cam being able to win the ball. Bruce works his guts out on the opponent's star players week in and week out and does a bloody good job on them.

I'll add some further EXPERT comment and recommend that Bruce practice drop-kicking the ball to improve his release. With his own method he'd be struggling to find the footy with his boot and have a very high grubber index. As to Dicko's kicking, he may have struggled to get 45 yards and the ball might have wobbled a bit but at least everyone knew where it was going.

there is no doubting his application and his effort...

however to be a truly elite player, he needs to rectify his kicking!!

Cameron Bruce would rank highly in our best and fairest, Paul Wheatley might have him covered... however, in a team that sits stone cold motherless, he should be!!

He can get the footy no question and until 2004/5 that was good enough but today's game disposal skills are the most important thing, if you turn the footy over you get hurt on the scoreboard. Bruce has acheive great things for a pick 60 odd but he doesn't have the foot skills that is required. We all need to stop living in the past, I look at the players standing behind Neita at this press conference, none of them will help in a playing capacity us win a flag or even finish top four. They have in the past been competitive and we have made a GF and played some finals but they are the past. Cam Bruce included. lets face it we were very bad last year and even worse this year and besides TJ we have the same core senior players, Bruce, White, Neitz, Robbo, Yze, Green, Carroll, McDonald.

Stop living in the past, see beyond players acheivements and open your eyes to what is best for the club in the future.

ok to the guys that think i am living on past achievements and whats best for the club.. but do you think you can in a flag without some of these older players?? we dont and probably will never have the talent of the baby bombers but there year was unique..every team that wins has a good mix of old and new... so why bag bruce???to me he is given the best player normally, ie goodes, burton , etc etc to play on and still comes up ok .. does injuries not suffice? for some bad kicks? i dont think he is played in the right possie to begin with he is not to be wasted in our backline. and they biggest question who would replace him anothre kid??? they need some level headed thinkers and some people who dont drop their bundle to fast..drop miller and move bruce to the wing..