• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Adelaide

Yze_Magic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting indignant at YM is pointless, he does these things for your indignance. It's a vicious cycle.

As for Wheels to come back...

We should be looking to the future here, and if Whelan plays that's not mutually exclusive to looking at the future but it's getting there.

Surely with Frawley (19 yrs old, 193cm), Warnock (24, 192), Rivers (23, 192), and Garland (20, 191) the pressure is on Carroll (27, 191) to keep his place.

Wheels for Carroll.

so you ended up going to the 'G on Sunday, Y_M?? How was it..

We've got the luxury of more potential ins than we're likely to want to drop.

Possible ins: Whelan, Sylvia, PJ, Dunny

Anyone know how Dunny went at the weekend?

They won't be too inclined to change that side, not after that second half. Which means PJ will likely have to wait, Dunny too unless he played a blinder. Only likely outs (barring injury) would be Bartram & Bell, imo.

This is my first post since the win... still can't believe it, and have found myself several times today daydreaming about that last quarter... and the new love of my life, little Aussie! haha. Definite man-crush material :lol:

For the first time this year, we had a good, even contribution across the board (after halftime), and the way we drubbed em in that last quarter was sweet! We almost never looked like losing once the first goal was scored.

The two changes i would make i believe are positive changes, with two first-22 players back in from injury, in for Jamar (a bit stiff to miss out, ideally would like to see White dropped but realistically, just cant see that happening), and Garland, who showed improvement but is still terribly out of his depth at times. So...

IN: P. Johnson, Sylvia

OUT: Jamar, Garland

Bartram and Bell lucky to stay in, but they (along with Garland), did well in the backline in the 2nd half after a torrid 1st half, and are more important to the balance and structure of our backline (and side) than Garland is. The backline's work must not go unhearlded, so i'm finding it difficult to drop more than one player from that group.

The swaps are basically like for like given Sylvia is likely to play back.

Despite Jamar's improved performance this week against formidable opposition in Sandilands, PJ will get the chance to play at Sandy next week if fit during the week off, and should be ready to return to the team for the match against Adelaide. Credit where credit is due to Jamar, for he played the best game of his career thus far. But... it was still just 9 possesions and only 2 marks + 20 HO. We all know his strengths are he can ruck and likes the physical stuff, and just as well known are his weaknesses- his inability to find the footy and run hard to make space to provide an option around the ground. He played a good game on the weekend, but still has not improved on the major deficiencies of his game (something PJ has done). IMO Jamar still needs to do alot more than just one good game. PJ was flying when he broke his hand, and deserves to come straight back in.

I thought Garland showed more this week than he has in his previous games, but is still a fair way off. Sylvia is able to take the 3rd, 4th or 5th forward, and be more damaging on the rebound too, than Garland. But despite his omission, i think he is slowly improving, and that can only be a good thing. Will definitely get more chances soon

Jamar will not be dropped V Crows. It's not fair on him after playing the game of his life.

But don't worry, Jamar haters, I'm sure he'll back to his usual tricks next game.

At least it shows we have a bit of ruck depth.

PJ would have been leading our B&F or thereabouts, prior to his unfortunate lay-off since Rnd 3. Jamar has had 3 or 4 opportunities and only really has delivered in one of those games (against Freo). And there was nothing in that particular game that PJ was not capable of doing. I'm not saying Jamar doesnt deserve his spot though, if he's ever earnt a game, it would be against the Crows. I just think PJ did the hard yards early in the year to establish himself, and should considered automatic if fit.

If its not fair to Jamar getting dropped after the 'game of his life', consider this....

Twice in games where PJ has played the 'best game of his life' at AFL level, he has injured himself thru selfless team acts (3rd effort against Syd on the wing in 06 where he did his shoulder, and in Rnd 3 against Geelong he broke his hand at a stoppage the 1st qtr! Yet still soldiered on to be just about our best player on the day). On both occasions in the wake of his injuries, Jamar was handed an opportunity at the top level without necessarily earning his selection. His game against Freo, whilst being the best of his career to date, really still pales in comparison to PJ's last game (and best game).

I know stats dont mean a whole lot a lot of the time, but FWIW...

PJ averages 16 disp, 6 marks and 11 hitouts per game from his 3 matches in '08.

Jamar's game averages from 4 matches are 9.25 disp, 2 marks and 16 hitouts per game.

7 disposals and 4 marks per game less, but 5 hitouts more. They'd have to be some great taps to justify his selection over a fit PJ.

If PJ is right, we gotta do the right thing by him and by the team, and pick him. That would be fair...

Play PJ forward!

Bock and Rutten are two of the best in the business and will easily account for Miller and Robbo. Not to mention Johncock who will take Davey or Aussie.

We need PJ down there to take Rutten and free up Robbo.

If PJ is right, we gotta do the right thing by him and by the team, and pick him. That would be fair...

Agree PJ was outstanding in rounds 1-3.

I'm not sure though that they'll want to mess with a winning formula.

Good on you, for supporting PJ. I notice you've always been a fan of him, even when he was out of form.

I dont think Jamar should be compared so closely with Johnson

This is like comparing Steve ODwyer with Jimma.

They are different players.

One is a crash and bash ruckman and the other is a tall skilled player who hasnt been great above his shoulders because he lacks the bang-bangs (a term used by a horse trainer to decribe Damien Olivers reluctance after a bad accident, to mix it with the up and coming jockeys who threw caution to the wind).

There is no way PJ would have attacked Frankenstein like Jamar.

At the same time Jamar would not be able to run and deliver the footy in a very acceptable manner.

PJ can and does. He can contest the ruck moderately as well.

I reckon it is maybe Jeff White who must keep pushing himself out of his comfort zone.

He did last weekend IMO. Others look at stats and say he didnt.

It will depend on the Crows lineup, playing the youngsters and matchups.

But if PJ and Jamar are both doing what was required to stay in the team, who says one of them must make way?

I think it is time we phase White out of ruck duties... bring Johnson in, and keep Jamar in. Play White as a CHB or a Goodes type of tall ruck-rover. Try something different for a change

I think it is time we phase White out of ruck duties... bring Johnson in, and keep Jamar in. Play White as a CHB or a Goodes type of tall ruck-rover. Try something different for a change

Could be a good idea. Seems to have a good motor.

In: Sylvia. Whelan

Out: Bartram. Garland

FB: Warnock Carroll Frawley

HB: Whelan Rivers Wheatley

C: Morton Mclean Bruce

HF: Jones Robbo Bate

FF: Green Miller Wonaeamirri

Rucks: White Davey Mcdonald

Int: Bell Sylvia Moloney Jamar

*some how with a full team we shoud have jamar,pj, and white in the same team!

white could play FF and other 2 in ruck

white is a great mark and a great kick!

n e agree.

an guys u cant be serious dropping white or bruce.

gimmie the crack :wacko:

Agree PJ was outstanding in rounds 1-3.

I'm not sure though that they'll want to mess with a winning formula.

Good on you, for supporting PJ. I notice you've always been a fan of him, even when he was out of form.

I watched PJ play a bit of junior footy, from a long long time ago, all the way to u18's, and he never looked like he wasnt going to make it. From a real young age, his agility and mobility for his height, his strength, and his great foot skills were very impressive. I admired him as a player then, and i guess i would really like to see him succeed. I was wrapped when he was traded to Melbourne, and after his Liston win in '05, thought he'd certainly make it at AFL level given a good chance to do so. Injuries have prevented that opportunity, and i feel for PJ as i think he is infinitely more talented than Jamar. Jamar has had countless chances, and i don't believe one very good game against a one-trick-pony in Sandilands justifies denying PJ the chance he earned earlier this year. And i can't see White being dropped (even though it would fast-track the development of our ruck division).

B: WHELAN, WARNOCK, GARLAND

HB: BRUCE, RIVERS, SYLVIA

C: DAVEY, MCLEAN, MOLONEY

HF: BATE, MILLER, MORTON

F: GREEN, ROBERTSON, WONAEAMIRRI

FOLL: JAMAR, JONES, MCDONALD

IC: FRAWLEY, BELL, WHEATLEY, WHITE

EMERG: BARTRAM, DUNN, BUCKLEY

IN: WHELAN, SYLVIA

OUT: BARTRAM (FORM HAS BEEN POOR), CARROLL(SURELY HE MUST BE ON THE OUTER I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE LOVE HIM ON THIS FORUM)

B: WHELAN, WARNOCK, GARLAND

HB: BRUCE, RIVERS, SYLVIA

C: DAVEY, MCLEAN, MOLONEY

HF: BATE, MILLER, MORTON

F: GREEN, ROBERTSON, WONAEAMIRRI

FOLL: JAMAR, JONES, MCDONALD

IC: FRAWLEY, BELL, WHEATLEY, WHITE

EMERG: BARTRAM, DUNN, BUCKLEY

IN: WHELAN, SYLVIA

OUT: BARTRAM (FORM HAS BEEN POOR), CARROLL(SURELY HE MUST BE ON THE OUTER I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE LOVE HIM ON THIS FORUM)

Carroll is there for a reason, and I think we all know it, so why bag him?. If he competes while Warnock, Frawley and Martin and to lesser extent Garland are phased through as key positions, then surely it serves a purpose.

The same people would be up in arms if we threw these kids to the wolves.

They aren't quite ready yet. Garland in year 2, Frawley etc basically the same. If Scarlett, Glass took a while ,why should we expect them to hold down the key posts?

Let's be reasonable.