• Latest Podcast: Bulldogs

Demonland

Garry Lyon thinks Paxman best AFLW Player.

She is definitely the best in the league in terms of the natural footy ability to find the ball in close and rack up clearances.

• Like 3

After being really frustrated by the excessive hurrying and lack of patience in the game against GWS, it was noticable that the Demons were a lot more poised and willing to look up and see their options against Adelaide.

Paxman was the clear leader on that count and I daresay inspired the standard for the team.

Kate Sheahan and Gerard Whateley were discussing today if you had to choose who would you choose between  Daisy Pearse and Karen Paxman. Interestingly, both went for Paxman but only by a whisker. I sometimes think us supporters forget how good Daisy really is, both for her football brain and her outstanding leadership. In my book we need to retain both into the future, but I fear with the new franchises coming in both will be on the top of their shopping lists

I was watching on Saturday what Paxman does off the ball. She is an elite runner and is almost Dangerfield like in the way she is constantly on the move, often from seemingly hopeless positions but more times than not she either tackles, or forces a turnover. Or more importantly I guess, gains a possession herself.

Pearce to me has more of a marking dimension to her game, and is certainly an elite tackler, particularly given her 12 tackles from Saturday. She also provides the critical leadership particularly in tight situations.

Isn’t it great to talk of an elite team wearing red and blue and singing “The Grand Old Flag” after every game! Long may it continue. I think not all the red and blue supporters have cottoned on to this yet....!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Forest Demon said:

She is definitely the best in the league in terms of the natural footy ability to find the ball in close and rack up clearances.

................  and her disposal is second to none!

Praise from Lyon is almost the kiss of death.

Hope not and trust that she remains injury free and continues her good form. 

Daisy has a more rounded game IMO, but hard to deny Paxman has the most impact out there. She just keeps finding the ball and working it forward.

Paxman handballs over to Oliver who then in turn gives it  to Petracca who almost gets caught and somehow  gets rid of the ball in desperation  but  there is Paxman sprinting to mop up, now grabs the ball and looks around and finds Hogan dead in front. Magnificent fooball by  the fleet footed Karen Paxman. Now over to you Gary Lyon. 

• Like 1

Ignore anything Lyons says. He thought Neeld and Bailey would be good coaches also. Speaks with a sense of purpose and knowledge but has little. Great captain though

• Like 1

Also worth remembering that Daisy often draws most of the "attention" from the opposition. That might be about to change though. There were a lot of times on Saturday I wondered if Adelaide even had anyone on Paxman, such was the space she found.

• Like 1

Erin  Phillips is the best AFLW player I have seen so far

Paxman is one level down like alot of the other teams best players

Daisy is all class on and off the feild

We certainly have the best midfeild in AFLW though

Lyon isnt a great judge (bailey/neeld) and I am so glad he has nosay in recruiting as we would have a team of Toumpass instead of Wines

• Like 1

GADDY WHO?? knows nothing!!

Kara Donnellan the best player by far in this competition. Good to see her creating a name for herself!:D Must have been listening to her former coach!!

And to think she started with the Dees many years ago.:blink: