Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Fremantle



KC from Casey

Casey Demons 2018

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Frustrated Demon said:

Apart from the [censored] facilities it is way to far to travel especially when I travel west of Melbourne which is a pity.

It's closer than Darwin.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Matt Demon said:

It's closer than Darwin.

Would still rather fly to Darwin 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VFL journo Paul Amy is reporting that the Casey Demons have recruited  North Launceston defender Jay Lockhart who won the medal as Tassie’s best player in the state match against the NEAFL last year.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of the developing youngsters have moved on. Frankston Dolphins to benefit from Development league demise. Hillard, Lovett, Ferreira & Zijai all at the Dolphins. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Plenty of the developing youngsters have moved on. Frankston Dolphins to benefit from Development league demise. Hillard, Lovett, Ferreira & Zijai all at the Dolphins. 

If they're relying on development league players to build their list 'norm' then the resurrection will be short lived.

Hardly a benefit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First and foremost as a Demon I support the Casey Demons as it stands now.

As an Australian Rules follower of some 66 years I support the game foremost

As a result of the Frankston Dolphins online appeal for memberships to support their 2018 readmission to the 2018 VFL I joined.

An outlay if I recall of about $70 , which I considered to be in a really good cause.

I,m wrapped that they're in for 2018 as a traditional VFL club and that the support they've received from 2 legendary Hawks

Long live what remains of the VFL and a POX on the AFL 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul Amy also reporting that Riley D’Arcy from Dandenong Stingrays and Kyle Stainthorpe from Eastern Rangers are on board at Casey with more TAC Cuppers to come.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Big Kev said:

Me 3. 

What took you so long to admit it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2017 at 11:30 PM, spirit of norm smith said:

Will Stephenson from the 2017 Gippsland Power team is onboard at Casey for VFL 2018.  Young midfielder/small forward.  I was told he was disappointed not to get a rookie spot but excited to get a chance at Casey.  

Fantastic compact forward/onballer. Great pace, excellent kick for goal and from the same nursery as Josh Dunkley. Is a fierce tackler and goes at it very hard. Could surprise quite a few good judges. Has played some senior footy since he was only 15. A favourite son of the Sale F C.  Level headed but a hard nut and will go very well. One to watch.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casey’s pre season practice match programme (STC):

3 March 2018 Casey Demons v Williamstown at Casey Fields, Cranbourne East at 12 noon

10 March 2018 Casey Demons    v Port Melbourne at Casey Fields, Cranbourne East at 12 noon

17 March 2018 Casey Demons    v Box Hill Hawks at Casey Fields, Cranbourne East at 12 noon

30 March 2018 v Frankston at Skybus Stadium, Frankston at 12 noon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KC from Casey said:

Casey’s pre season practice match programme (STC):

3 March 2018 Casey Demons v Williamstown at Casey Fields, Cranbourne East at 12 noon

10 March 2018 Casey Demons    v Port Melbourne at Casey Fields, Cranbourne East at 12 noon

17 March 2018 Casey Demons    v Box Hill Hawks at Casey Fields, Cranbourne East at 12 noon

30 March 2018 v Frankston at Skybus Stadium, Frankston at 12 noon

We are extremely fortunate to have access to an suburban oval 12 months a year.  To get 3 home practice matches because the 3 teams we play have cricket pitches is a real advantage for Casey, bit extra cash through bar/Canteen and gate takings also helps.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Casey player Alex Silvagni after being delisted by the Dockers is now in the leadership group at Carlton. 

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Former Casey player Alex Silvagni after being delisted by the Dockers is now in the leadership group at Carlton. 

Smells of nepotism.

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Big Kev said:

Smells of nepotism.

It is strange that he would be picked in the leadership group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Redleg said:

Former Casey player Alex Silvagni after being delisted by the Dockers is now in the leadership group at Carlton. 

Are you sure they have the Right name it might SOS2?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, old dee said:

Are you sure they have the Right name it might SOS2?

Appears correct as Alex was in the group photo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Appears correct as Alex was in the group photo.

Extraordinary but true.

Alex Silvagni is on Carlton's rookie list so it raises the question of whether a rookie has previously been in a club’s leadership group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VFL website has teams in and out so far. 

Quiet times at Casey with youngsters & development league players moving to Frankston. 

Not sure INS for Casey are complete. Corey Wagner not there ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

VFL website has teams in and out so far. 

Quiet times at Casey with youngsters & development league players moving to Frankston. 

Not sure INS for Casey are complete. Corey Wagner not there ??

The list is of confirmed changes. No doubt, there will be others once contracts/clearances are sorted out.

CASEY DEMONS

In: Riley D’Arcy (Dandenong Stingrays) Colin Garland (Melbourne) Jay Lockhart (North Launceston) Kyle Stainthorpe (Eastern Ranges) Mitch White (Melbourne)

Out: Kieren Byers Will Collis Mitch Cox Aloysio Ferreira (Frankston) Bayley Fritsch (Melbourne) Jake Gains Nathan Gardiner (Frankston) Ben Giobbi Brenton Hillard (Frankston) Jake Lovett (Frankston) Todd Vander Haar Yilber Zijai (Frankston)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, KC from Casey said:

The list is of confirmed changes. No doubt, there will be others once contracts/clearances are sorted out.

CASEY DEMONS

In: Riley D’Arcy (Dandenong Stingrays) Colin Garland (Melbourne) Jay Lockhart (North Launceston) Kyle Stainthorpe (Eastern Ranges) Mitch White (Melbourne)

Out: Kieren Byers Will Collis Mitch Cox Aloysio Ferreira (Frankston) Bayley Fritsch (Melbourne) Jake Gains Nathan Gardiner (Frankston) Ben Giobbi Brenton Hillard (Frankston) Jake Lovett (Frankston) Todd Vander Haar Yilber Zijai (Frankston)

Inevitable that a number of players would fly off elsewhere now that the Development League has disbanded and good luck to those who have headed to Frankston with the aim of rejuvenating a neighbourhood rival. I miss Aloysio and Yilber in particular - little blokes who always added a bit of excitement when they played in the firsts. With only one team representing Casey it was always going to be hard fitting players in to the system. 

I think Casey should have another good year. The team did really well to finish in the top four last year after so many injuries and it’s been a feather in the cap to produce 4 draftees (3 to the MFC) over the past two seasons. The major “out” on the list is, of course, Bayley Fritsch who will still be available unless he makes AFL selection. Having Colin Garland and Mitch White on board (and most likely Corey Wagner) gives the club a strong VFL list and if we can stay in reasonable shape with injuries we will be a likely challenger again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KC from Casey said:

The list is of confirmed changes. No doubt, there will be others once contracts/clearances are sorted out.

CASEY DEMONS

In: Riley D’Arcy (Dandenong Stingrays) Colin Garland (Melbourne) Jay Lockhart (North Launceston) Kyle Stainthorpe (Eastern Ranges) Mitch White (Melbourne)

Out: Kieren Byers Will Collis Mitch Cox Aloysio Ferreira (Frankston) Bayley Fritsch (Melbourne) Jake Gains Nathan Gardiner (Frankston) Ben Giobbi Brenton Hillard (Frankston) Jake Lovett (Frankston) Todd Vander Haar Yilber Zijai (Frankston)

Possibly the player not listed above whose loss will be felt by Casey is their 2017 B&F, Jack Trengove! There are other contributing former Melbourne players such as Kennedy, Spencer and Hulett (with a few cameos from Watts)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CBDees said:

Possibly the player not listed above whose loss will be felt by Casey is their 2017 B&F, Jack Trengove! There are other contributing former Melbourne players such as Kennedy, Spencer and Hulett (with a few cameos from Watts)!

In the noise of Jack W leaving one almost forgets about Jack T.

Will be interesting to see how he goes at Port. Strange selection by Port but wish him all the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two new names at the Casey Demons -

• Ali Zijai (18, 172cm, 67kg) from the Dandenong Stingrays via Noble Park/Hallam SC (and brother of Yilber who has crossed to Frankston), and 

• Jack Hudson (18, 180cm, 80kg) from Gippsland Power via Hillend.

Both players are forwards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noble Park full-back Ryan Morrison, Mitch White (MFC), Jay Lockhart (North Launceston) and the returning James Freeman all signed with Casey Demons last night.

Tweet from Paul Amy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×