• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Aaron Davey

jumbo returns

Trade the flash? Forget that!

The flash needs to be a crumbing forward again. He is playing in the comps worse side, so of course his form does not look great. Like most of our players, they would look much better if we were wining games.

Flash has too many good years of footy left in him to trade. Sure, Kerr is a GUN, but you have to look at what else players bring ot the club. Kerr brings attitude, a huge contract, and some real head problems. Flash is devlepoing into a leader for the indigenous kids are is great with fans (my mother dead set loves him, would trade me for him as her son if she could).

Keep Flash!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade the flash? Forget that!

The flash needs to be a crumbing forward again. He is playing in the comps worse side, so of course his form does not look great. Like most of our players, they would look much better if we were wining games.

Flash has too many good years of footy left in him to trade. Sure, Kerr is a GUN, but you have to look at what else players bring ot the club. Kerr brings attitude, a huge contract, and some real head problems. Flash is devlepoing into a leader for the indigenous kids are is great with fans (my mother dead set loves him, would trade me for him as her son if she could).

Keep Flash!

By the way i watched kerr last weekend-He's a fine player but in a poor side as the eagles are now he was bought back to the pack. Keep Flash

It sickens me that people would like to trade Davey and Green, but insist on keeping Cameron Bruce

The average IQ of those people would be astoundingly low

Still higher than yours Y_M. If I could only be as certain of the MFC winning as you slagging Bruce, we would be premiers.

Christ, you are a bore with the Bruce slagging. :angry:

Noone under the age of 24 who has talent will be traded.

I mean seriously, what is the point. if they are young and have talent, then we want them on our list! what's the point in trading davey for pick 15, so we can get a guy only 4 years younger who might turn out to be a nothing.

If people are clever, they should be advocating to trade guyz like Bruce, Robbo and any other 28+ yrs old guy we have.

good move by us trading Johnstone. he's getting his standard 16 possies and a goal every game as brissy and being servicable. he's 28 and by 2 years time he'll be about to retire, while Grimes will be in our starting midfield.

Was the T.J trade really a good one? Didn't we effectively trade Travis for Meesen?

By the way i watched kerr last weekend-He's a fine player but in a poor side as the eagles are now he was bought back to the pack. Keep Flash

Thats exactly why we need to build a dominant gutrunning midfield, (from kids), young talent. We have 2 in/under players & we may add to that if Valenti can turn himself into a player for the future. We need inside/outside players to stepup, in the mould of Sylvia/ Bate/ Dunn & hopefully Rich?

We have outside skilled runner in Morton, & hopefully players like CJ, Buckley & Grimes will help in this area.

Some will & no doubt some won't..

We're not there yet & need to add to the class of the Mids, but we also desparately need to add quality to our Key Forwards.

Still higher than yours Y_M. If I could only be as certain of the MFC winning as you slagging Bruce, we would be premiers.

Christ, you are a bore with the Bruce slagging. :angry:

Agree 100% Mono. He said recently that he doesn't hate most OPPOSITION players. Well he certainly hates Cam,one of his OWN team's players. He is PARANOID about Bruce. What a LOYAL supporter!

If we were to trade Davey for a top 15 pick, there is roughly a 90% fail rate, according to draft 2000, 2001 and 2002. Draft picks are overrated unless in the top 5.

Yes... but given our situation it would make sense to go the Hawthorn route...

Strong draft, so if we can get as MANY picks as possible in the first 20-25... You may be right that there will be duds... possibly more than half of them will be, but your odds are still improved.

Just think. We have Morton, Maric and Grimes in the first 21 from last year. Grimes is hurt, Maric looks like he has the skills to make it, and Morton has showed enough to keep him in the 22 for the rest of the year.

Yes, we may end up with a 426 type situation again, but the important thing is we're having a go at it.

Hawthorn turned every one of those 5 of that draft into players. We HAVE to back ourselves in to do the same, even if we don't pull it off.

Hawthorn turned every one of those 5 of that draft into players. We HAVE to back ourselves in to do the same, even if we don't pull it off.

If you are talking about the 2004 draft then of the fives picks, roughhead, Franklin and Lewis are players. Jury out on Murphy (#21) and Little (#26) has been cut. Still a good hit rate.

The decision to trade any player is based on what is offered and what benefit it would provide to the Club above keeping the incumbent player.

In a revamped and revitalised MFC, I think there may be a future for Davey. I think he is a better player in a good side as opposed to a poor side. His style of play capitalises on the opportunities created by players up the ground winning contest ball adn delivering into a good forward line. Davey does have shortcomings but any decision to trade him should be based on the expected input into future MFC sides and expectations of what he could bring to MFC in the measure of draft picks. The draft would also want to be expected to be a good one too.

Dappa, we also have to start drafting for needs. Craig Cameron's motto was to draft the 'best available', and I agreed with this at the time. But it's come to the stage where we desperately need to reinforce our kpps and ruck. The success rate of kpp's and rucks with early picks is low. The Hawks and Saints were extremely lucky in their draft years when they went for talls and got Roughhead/Franklin and Reiwoldt/Kozi respectively.

Knowing our luck, we'll end up with a Danny Roach and a Tim Walsh. :(

I'd be willing to part with any of our players who are around the 25 y/o age group and older, of course it would have to be a good offer though. Davey is a talented player, but he has his faults and there is a concern that we've already seen his best footy. In a top team like Hawks and the Cats he'd be much better although.

Like TJ before him he is only one of a few players on our list in that age group who has any trade value, it would be a brave more to do it and it would have to be a very good offer but I'd support the decision if it was done.

Agree 100% Mono. He said recently that he doesn't hate most OPPOSITION players. Well he certainly hates Cam,one of his OWN team's players. He is PARANOID about Bruce. What a LOYAL supporter!

I suggest you watch a Demon game sometime

I just watched the second half of the Dees-Lions game on replay

Bruce was INSIPID. Would have had it 20 times, and did nothing with it. Dinky little handballs to either the boundary line, or to absolutely nobody. Absolutely woeful

Wake up and smell the roses Bobby. And Mono. And others.

Yep - that's right, let's think outside the square. One of only a handful that has any trade value, straight swap with West Coke for Daniel Kerr or a top 15 pick. It will rejuvenate the careers of both players. To me, Davey has lost his explosive speed and he's reticent to really go hard ever since that horrific hammy tear against the Dogs a couple of years ago. This year has been ordinary, as was 2007.

Bundle up his career highlights on a cd rom and distribute to all clubs now.

YOUR ON DRUGS

this is a foolish topic... we are reading far too much into this whole MFC personnel business, its clearly a LACK OF CONFIDENCE that is plaguing the players form. I mean seriously, how much has our list changed since 2006 when we were the best Victorian side going around and when the critics were raving about us???

2007 - Pickett, Brown, Bizzell, Ward, Godfrey and Johnston last year - none of whom were core players really (with the exception of Trav)

2006 - Motlop and, well, can't really think of anyone else (unless I am missing someone important)

I don't recall any of the journos stating in 2006 that our list would be shot by 2008 - clearly last year, and the changing of coach has screwed with the players' minds. And when have we really won a proper game (not including Cartank last round 2007) anyway??? Round 19 against the Dogs at the Dome... that's a long time to go without winning and would damage any players confidence. Sure, all our players are two years older, but physically, who is worse off since 2006? Neitz, Holland and Yze perhaps? - none of them were integral in 2006.

So stop bringing up rubbish ideas like trading Davey because clearly people are forgetting a bit too soon what our current list is capable of when given the right direction and when CONFIDENCE and TEAM MORALE is present.

YOUR ON DRUGS

Hey Cheney - here you go, free English lesson for you...

It's YOU'RE ON DRUGS not YOUR ON DRUGS. In this case the YOU'RE is a contraction of YOU ARE, therefore YOU'RE ON DRUGS is the correct expression.

Saying YOUR is wrong - that's the possessive pronoun. Hence, JUMBO, STOP TAKING YOUR DRUGS!!

Now, I want this written out 20 times before you go to bed tonight - and don't be a naughty boy.

If that's the only argument you have against him you lost big time

Eastie Boyz, wazzup dog? You and your homies, should ditch da damaged goods - argue? hell no, fool! I'm jus' tellin' da [censored] to talk proper, yo!

Besides, mutha, why would I talk to the biatch? Whirrrrrr!!!!

While his arse points to the ground Davey will never be a midfielder. And unfortunately with our limited inside 50's you'd hate to be a forward.

I understand the reason he's presently crap.

Make no mistake Bobby there aren't huge amounts of loyalty to our players around here even at the best of times......

So this is really no exception :rolleyes: !!!

That being said I do tend to agree with YM on this particular topic.

I would also, if given the choice, be more inclined to trade Bruce than either of Davey and particularly Green.

Just my opinion though :) !!!

Make no mistake Bobby there aren't huge amounts of loyalty to our players around here even at the best of times......

So this is really no exception :rolleyes: !!!

That being said I do tend to agree with YM on this particular topic.

I would also, if given the choice, be more inclined to trade Bruce than either of Davey and particularly Green.

Just my opinion though :) !!!

QueenC, that's our problem - no team would offer enough for Bruce or Green. All the emotive histrionics that has unfolded has left me dumbfounded. We need to build a better team and a good way to start is through draft picks. I think that Davey would command a top 15 pick. Having said that, Bruce and Green are, at best, 3rd round draft picks. Not enough.

Kerr would never come to Melbourne. Davey needs to return to the forward pocket where he has been so damaging in the past. I don't know if he should be traded.

Paddo im glad its not just me. Davey should be dragged if he leaves our forward 50 for anything other than a chase down tackle. the game against Carlton is a good example. ball kicked in to forward 50, ball hits ground, ball cleared by Carlton defence ...... again and again and again