They are gonna let us play kick to kick on the MCG

ucanchoose

I think thats some good news actually, at least McNamee is trying to do something. Come on guys bring as much people as possible this sunday.

I think thats some good news actually, at least McNamee is trying to do something. Come on guys bring as much people as possible this sunday.

It will beneficial for the football team as well because they've been asked to stay on the ground to watch a few 14 year olds show them how to effectively execute the Bailey game plan.

Anyone for "Jack in the pack"? :P

How about Getting Paul McNamee out in the middle of all the kids and they can play Mac in the pack :lol:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...7-19769,00.html here's another article, this time from the hun.

Now look at this quote............MCC chief executive Stephen Gough said fans had not been allowed on the turf post-match for two to three years to protect the surface.

Does this man ever go to a game? Or source his facts?? Twice last year we were able to have a kick on the ground. Against Port and Carlton.

Not a bad idea, certainly being made something more than it is - people being allowed on the ground should be the norm, but still it's good thinking.

Hope they go overboard with it, lots of face painting stalls, jumping castles (in red and blue of course), maybe a little footy clinic with players not playing outside the ground, handballing comps for showbags.

Why not hey? None of it is too difficult to arrange, and may entice a few more kids to come along and enjoy their day at the footy regardless

Times have changed. Kick to kick after the game is now frowned upon. Our coaching panel will oversee the after game events, and if any kid kicks to a contest, the security guys will drag him off the ground. They need to be disciplined in the Bailey game plan from an early age. :)

From now on the kids will play handball to handball. At least they won't get sconed by an errant ball like we did.

From now on the kids will play handball to handball. At least they won't get sconed by an errant ball like we did.

That actually happened to me at footy training once or twice. Ah, the joys of playing in a hopeless team.

Good to hear, although it's weather permitting. Unfortunately, the current forecast, courtesy of the BOM -

Saturday Shower or two. Min 11 Max 16
Anyhow...

Gough said a crowd of 15,000 to 20,000 was likely and the MCC would look at ways of minimising Melbourne's costs such as shutting off large areas of the stands.

Makes sense.

The MCC has given permission for fans to have a kick around on the MCG after the Melbourne Freo game, as part of the kids day theme we're promoting.

Chances like this only come around a couple of times a year, total, let alone for a particular club. I think a lot of people would be tempted to get along just for the priviledge of the kick after the game.

This can boost our numbers significantly, but we need to make sure the whole frickin world knows it's available. So start talking it up - tell people to come along and bring the kids cos they'll get to have a kick on the ground (note that EVERYONE, not just kids, can join the kick). It's positive talk, and people might just come along even if they're not Demons.

I'm sure we'd be happy to accept an entrance fee from supporters of any club!

EDIT: I'm trying to get a facebook 'event' running, but I'm not a regular on there so I'm not sure how to go about publicising it best. It'd be great if somehow we could get a message out to everyone in the Melbourne supporter groups (at least 2,000 people!) If anyone can help, PM me and I'll get cracking.

Dalrot, i agree with you, however i think it's all about marketing. Such a basic event can be seen to be a quasi-'Once in a lifetime event' if the club pushes it hard, and may get people to think it's a bigger opportunity than it is. As Pantaloons said, if it only makes a few extra go, all the better

Would any of you go to a football game just because you can have a kick afterwards on the MCG?

Doubt it will have any major impact.

Agree. I don't think people will go just because they can have a kick after, but it might convince all those thinking of going.

Agree. I don't think people will go just because they can have a kick after, but it might convince all those thinking of going.

There is no way my wife would normally go. But this week she will and bring my youngest (with the camera). So they have got at least one more playing customer. I would imagine they might get a lot of wifes to this game. Will be a winner

Would any of you go to a football game just because you can have a kick afterwards on the MCG?

Doubt it will have any major impact.

I think it's enough to sway some people to go to the game, just like poor weather can turn people away.

What the kick-to-kick really does well is remind people that the footy is fun. You can get out there and have fun even if you lose horribly. So quite a few people will turn up and have a much more positive feel about it no matter how we go.

It's a winner, and get your tip in because we are gonna OWN Fremantle. I feel it in me bones. It might just be the cold, but I feel it.