If the season finished tomorrow...

Gouga

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been lots of talk about the future on this forum, and rightly so. This season is as good as over with Cameron Bruce seemingly the only person in Australia who thinks we can still make finals this year.

So if the season finished tomorrow who would you delist, who would you trade, who would you promote and who would be your number one target?

Delist/retire: Bode, Holland, Neitz (with Honours), Warnock, Weetra, Whelan, White, Yze#

Trade: Bruce*

Promote: Wonaeamirri

Target: Mitchell Brown, Ryan Murphy, Brent Prismall

#Jamar, Miller and Robertson are all under contract for next year

*Should net a second round pick, maybe a first round pick if we offer to pay some of his salary next year ala Woewodin and TJ

Whilst i agree with most of the sentiment written, i really wonder if any of you people have been to a game in the last 5 years!!

Yesterday's articles were all about keeping youngsters and today the boots are in to them. Last time i looked this was not the Richmond site.

Answer is simple:

White will retire, as will Neitz and Yze. McDonald should retire so to Holland

Delist/Trade - CJ, Weetra, Moloney, Warnock, Frawley, Buckley, Sylvia

These players will never have the size and strength to win us a premiership. Apologies to Moloney though, he is a class act.

You'd get nothing for Robbo, Green and Bruce these days so keep them. No-one was interested in Paul Wheatley in the past two years. Get this bloke fit and he can play.

Two years ago Matty Whelan picked himself in the team. Because of the way he plays, he's had a bad run with injuries. Shows how soft the rest of the playing group is.

Young Austin showed a bit of mongrel about him against North. Pity that was left to the smallest player on the ground.

The only time in recent years we dominated the centre square was when Brett Ratten was midfield coach, then he left under strange circumstances. Dont think too many could work with Daniher in the box!!!!!

Reckon Sean Wellman could still hold down full back.

Well done Travis.

You criticise posters for sticking the boots into the younger players then you go and delist 3 players who have 3 years or less. Furthermore you delist Moloney who you think is a class act!

If Ratten was such a great midfield coach (with an AA ruckman and a gun in the midfield in Scott Thompson) how is that he has been a major contributor to Carlton's longest losing streak in one of the most questionable coaching performances for some time which has significantly undermined the integrity of Carlton? Keep perpetrating the myth.

Is it 5 years since the last game you have seen?

Retirements - White (indications this will be his last), Neitz (the drumbeat is getting louder), Holland (already conceded by Ben, I believe), and Yze (this may be a push rather than his decision)

Delistings - Chris Johnson, Isaac Weetra, Matthew Warnock, Colin Garland

Trade - Green (Out Of Contract end of year, Top 20 pick or not worth it), Miller (OOC 2009, Top 30 pick or not worth it), Bruce (OOC 2010, Top 20 or not worth it), Jamar (OOC 2009 Top 40 pick or not worth it)

- Some may think I am expecting too much, maybe, but "Pick 27 for Brad Green" will not be a good day for the club in the press or with many supporters.

Elevations - Wonaeamirri and Valenti (Seen enough from both to give them two years on the list to develop, Valenti is now at the stage that he will get more kicks in AFL than in the VFL because he is now receiving the best negating player from the other team)

This means that come National Draft day we will have 5 picks, or if we have a good trade week 9 picks. Keeping in mind the low pick in the Pre Season Draft.

4 or fewer wins will leave us with: Picks 1, 17, 18, 34, 50. OR Best Case Scenario: 1, 13, 17, 18, 20, 29, 34, 38, 50.

Plus the 1st pick in PSD which always seems valuable but hasn't been a haven for grabbing OOC stars (Stevens is an exception).

A few more could have been shown the door, but you want to stretch these out over a few years. Remember, you have to cut at least 3 every year.

Hmmm...

Retirements, with due respect: Neitz, Holland, Yze, and of course others who may decide it's their time, such as White, Mcdonald and Whelan.

Delistings: Warnock, Bode, CJ, and possibly Weetra and Garland if neither make progress. Jamar also a possible.

Miller becomes a more valuable commodity as a stop gap, given departures of Neitz and Holland. He may yet play a couple more seasons on a dozen games a year.

That count means at least 8 new players coming in. On top of just as many kids last year.

P.S. I'm generally not keen on trading.

Retire - Neitz, Yze, White, Holland

Delist - Miller, Garland, Warnock, Chris Johnson, Jamar, Bode

Trade -

Bruce - aim for pick 15-20

McLean - aim for pick 5-10

Giving us 5 picks in the top 18.

Both completly unrealistic. Love to trade McLean but would only get around 10-15. Bruce 20-30

If the season ended today, I would want a refund on my membership!!! I want more games to watch, regardless of how bad we are. Watching the kids develop gives me hope that we will indeed win a flag ONE DAY.

This generation of kids makes me happy in my pantaloons. It is not like the "develop the kids" back in the steven armstrong days, the kids we have are ACTUALLY going to be good players!!!

Retire: Neitz Yze McDonald Whelan Holland,

Delist: CJ, Weetra, Bode, Warnock

Trade: Depending on interest from other Clubs and if they do not improve...Green, Sylvia and Newton.

We probably wont do more than 1 trade but it gives us 10 picks in the draft some of which we could use for a trade of a player to us or considering a PSD pick and the elevation of Valenti/ Zomer (not so sure about that one).

Given the level of necessary retirements and discards this year, a few lucky players might get another year to prove themselves otherwise there is another big clean out happening in 2009.

you want garland and wheatley?

• 11 months later...

Amazing how perceptions of one player (Garland) can change so dramatically in a few months.

exactly i told u all he was going to be a good player and everyone wanted to delist him. Funny how shallow some people are.

exactly i told u all he was going to be a good player and everyone wanted to delist him. Funny how shallow some people are.

Shallow?

Didn't give him enough time to grow into a role and I was wrong.

I'm not sure if any superficiality came into that mindset.

It's happening again though, with a certain red-head and his ability to play deep forward...

Hope I'm right on this one...

To the untrained eye, Garland and Warnock look like no hopers.

But to a genius like me whos sees what others don't, I know one thing - these two will flourish under Dean Baily and you will all look like fools within 6 months.

Garland in particular will be out great white hope come seasons end.

Genius.

I've allways been on, the Garland bandwagon from his first couple of games @ Sandy.

I also wanted Warnock rookied, Martin & Valenti, .

I'd be really happy if the season finished tomorrow... No more injuries for 2009. Bring on 2010. I'm distraught that Garland is injured. And I expect more injury pain to come for our youngsters. We have a curse upon our club. I don't know who cursed us, but it started with Prymke and it continues to this day. Anone that looks like he could be a champion will ultimately lose his best development years to some ridiculously freaky injury... Fact...

Edit:

I'm on the juice Newton and could be a bit emotional...

Delist - Miller, Garland, Warnock, Chris Johnson, Jamar, Bode

Love it how Y_M types in the above prediction nearly a year ago...

Delist - Miller, Chris Johnson, Jamar, Bode

To the untrained eye, Garland and Warnock look like no hopers.

But to a genius like me whos sees what others don't, I know one thing - these two will flourish under Dean Baily and you will all look like fools within 6 months.

Garland in particular will be out great white hope come seasons end.

Then 'cleverly' edits and deletes Warnock and Garland from the delist list , a year later.......and decorates it with words such as 'flourish'...

Genius.

Then calls himself a Genius after the edit.

Ohhh the red faces... Nice one YM.

Wakey, wakey....hand off gOLLy!

Love when people get one thing right and then claim everyone else is shallow for not seeing it.

Bingo 45!!

Ahhh Y_M you've done it again.

No room for the faint hearted...

High Tower for 'land president...

And as his first act of President he should install a "This post was edited on..." statement on the bottom of posts.

That's just cheating YM.

Now say you're sorry...

Ha! that sneaky bugger. I was so confused when i saw the edited post. I could have sworn Magic said that Garland was a dud!

Pretty sure something like that was in his post too. Luckily I read the whole thread not long after it was "Bumped". Caught with his fingers in the cookie jar. From what I gather it's definitely not the first time either.