Ins and Outs This week

gOLLy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redandbluethruandthru

Drop the lot and bring in Sandringham.

ok a tad harsh drop everyone except rivers,aussie and morton.

What Bailey has found out over the past 4 weeks is Weetra, Garland, Jamar and CJ aren't AFL standard, Neitz, Yze, White need to retire and Robbo can sing. On top of that he now knows that Bruce, Green are over rated and they have no future playing for him. So back on the topic it is time for Frawley to play FB, Sylvia on the wing, Petterd HBF, Martin KPB, Maric FP. Meeson Ruck, Moloney(IMO is overrated) . Look at Aussie he wants to play and can play at this level get rid of the tried players of our past, I don't care if we lose every game as long as we look to the future.

Well, nest game is a REAL yardstick. We play the true owners of the "crappest team in the AFL" mantle. If we can't beat them, we may as well test every player on the roster and see who is capable of a strong 2009 campaign.

As for next week , a few small changes. CJ will get dropped for Ricky-P. Moloney is he is around and fit could add some fuel to a very weak outfit.

Well, nest game is a REAL yardstick. We play the true owners of the "crappest team in the AFL" mantle. If we can't beat them, we may as well test every player on the roster and see who is capable of a strong 2009 campaign.

As for next week , a few small changes. CJ will get dropped for Ricky-P. Moloney is he is around and fit could add some fuel to a very weak outfit.

I believe Rick is out for 3 more weeks injured!

Give Buckley another run. Hell all he did wrong was turn it over. (Can anyone name more than 2 players who have not turned the ball over with pthetic skills??) At least the kid had a crack and took the opposition on every time and was not afraid to carry the ball. Not many blokes want the pill out there right now. Hopefully Bater will be back and surely Moloney??Robbo must be dropped . If he keeps scoring useless goals in junk time and thinks he`s done his job I am gunna lose it !

i don't think we should drop CJ...

for me the question mark hanging over his head has been his ability to find the football... his skill level has never been the issue with CJ...

he racked up 19 touches today, now he didn't always use them that well, but we know his skill level is generally pretty good, so this doesn't concern me a whole lot, more importantly he showed he has the ability to find the footy

for me the question mark hanging over his head has been his ability to find the football... his skill level has never been the issue with CJ...

he racked up 19 touches today, now he didn't always use them that well, but we know his skill level is generally pretty good, so this doesn't concern me a whole lot, more importantly he showed he has the ability to find the footy

CJ is one of the worst players to ever pull on a melbourne jumper. i rate him worse than luke Williams.

he would not be on any afl list other than melbourne

It is tough. I'd love to rest Neitz and drop Robertson.

Hoping both Bate and Newton can play well today and can take their spots.

Persist with CJ. He found plenty of the ball. His decision making was terrible but he is no write off like people on this forum suggest.

Ins: Bate, Frawley, Moloney, Newton

Out: Bartram, Bell, Neitz, Robertson

B: Wheatley, Carroll, Whelan

HB: Bruce, Frawley, Rivers

C: Jones, McDonald, Moloney

HF: Bate, Miller, Green

F: Davey, Newton, Wonaeamirri

FOLL: White, McLean, Sylvia

I/C: Dunn, Jamar, C Johnson, Morton

i highly doubt it that neitz and robbo will be dropped so dont get your hopes up

drdrake, add holland to your list

i say INS: Bate, Meesen, Valenti

OUTS: CJ, Jamar,Robertson(even though it wont happen like i just said, (Holland de-listed to allow for Valenti, or forced to retire)

i highly doubt it that neitz and robbo will be dropped so dont get your hopes up

drdrake, add holland to your list

i say INS: Bate, Meesen, Valenti

OUTS: CJ, Jamar,Robertson(even though it wont happen like i just said, (Holland de-listed to allow for Valenti, or forced to retire)

Don't worry, my hopes arn't.

Meesen is injured and why should Holland make way? He is the only person who hasn't done anything wrong!

Persist with CJ. He found plenty of the ball. His decision making was terrible but he is no write off like people on this forum suggest.

Bell and Bartram a head of C Johnson and Dunn?

Yep. Both were hopeless IMO. Bell has had a very ordinary start to the year, he gave away three free kicks close to goal and he hasn't been using the ball as well as he should.

Bartram was bad yesterday. Always sold himself or a team mate into trouble. 6 clangers including 4 free kicks against and 0 tackles. Not good enough.

I agree. I think CJ is the type of player Baileys game plan may suit. And unlike so many on our list he can kick. I would persist. what do we really have to lose?

On Buckley, he takes them on which is a great attribute but his biggest problem is not his uncanny ability to hit an opposition player on the chest it is the complete lack of a defensive element to his game. Looks good going forward, does nothing pushing back. perhaps we could try a run with role to address this, or perhaps a stint in the back pocket?

Ins: Bate, Frawley,

B: Frawley, Carroll, Whelan

HB: Bruce, Rivers, Wheatley

C: Davey, McDonald, Bartram

HF: Dunn, Miller, Sylvia

F: Neitz, Bate, Wonaeamirri

FOLL: White, McLean, Jones

I/C: Jamar, C Johnson, Morton, Bell

At least the kid had a crack and took the opposition on every time and was not afraid to carry the ball. Not many blokes want the pill out there right now.

I totally agree. However...

Give Buckley another run. Hell all he did wrong was turn it over.

That wasn't the only thing. His workrate was poor and he needs to improve his efforts, particularly when the opposition have the ball.

And unlike so many on our list he can kick. I would persist.

For a guy whose biggest asset is a decent kick, his disposal has been pretty poor the last two weeks.

for me the question mark hanging over his head has been his ability to find the football...

I agree.

MELBOURNE

..B: M.Whelan, N.Carroll, D. Bell

HB: P.Wheatley, J.Rivers, C. Bruce

..C: Brad Green, Brock McLean, Clint Bartram

H F: A.Davey, M.Newton, L.Dunn

...F: R.Roberston, D.Neitz, A.Wonaeamirri

Foll: J.White, J.McDonald, N.Jones

I/C: M.Jamar, C.Morton, C.Johnson, Warnock

EMG: S.Buckley, C.Garland, A.Yze,

That means Sylvia and Miller for Warnock and Newton.

Apparently Newton (who I love) needs a kick up the arse so he won't get a freebie.

Warnock is ungainly but a few said he was alright last week. May aswell see if he's any good.

However, Sylvia has to stay. I'm not going to justify this with his 22 touches last week - most were weak off HBF and also in junk time.

Colin has to stay and play a 100 minutes in the middle to see if he can do the thing we picked him to do. Otherwise, time to move him on.

Changes I would make this week:

OUT: Miller, Johnson, Robertson

IN: Bate (played Sandy 2nds though), Cheney (chance to see the future), Maric (justified this himself on Sunday)

I hate to say it cause I don't like CJ and I know they won't get dropped.

But they are 2 very hyped players, who have seriously not delivered so far, Bartram gets a pass because he is just getting back. Id drop Bell for Frawley in a heart beat.