It's that time of year!

alpha33

I reckon they'll offer a second round draft pick or a third rounder and a bit player.

The players we'll be looking at are Gia, McMahon, Sam Power or Ray.

I don't want Robbo to go or think he will

but if he keeps playing hard ball with his three years, i'm backing the club.

Sam Power ??????????

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe i wont have to follow melbourne next year... all my fav players willl be at better teams

"Fav players" ? I'm interested in your age, and I'm not trying to be rude.

I'm only interested in a flag. Nothing else. Anything that can be done to better that goal must be done.

Do you understand ?

?Maybe you just get seduced by the flashy 'Bling type' players, instead of the real creator type. :o

i prob do.... i am a highlights junky....

"Fav players" ? I'm interested in your age, and I'm not trying to be rude.

I'm only interested in a flag. Nothing else. Anything that can be done to better that goal must be done.

Do you understand ?

i am 20...

i want a flag too dont get me wrong i get [censored] off every week when we lose, i dont see how trading robbo will better that goal.... honestly... its hard for me to see any player from melbourne traded... but i can accept it....

how many more fav players can i lsee leave ? farmer woewodin those achieved nothing.... no premiership

i prob do.... i am a highlights junky....

i am 20...

i want a flag too dont get me wrong i get [censored] off every week when we lose, i dont see how trading robbo will better that goal.... honestly... its hard for me to see any player from melbourne traded... but i can accept it....

how many more fav players can i lsee leave ? farmer woewodin those achieved nothing.... no premiership

I remember how that feels, I went through the losses of Wells, Alves, Healey, Spalding, G Mclean, etc. I am no longer as 1 eyed or as emotionally attached to all this, however I am far more experienced & insightfull & can see where we're stumbling. My challenge left to me is to get that flag & dynasty back, then I'll probably lose all remaining interest in Footy.

That little boy inside is still unhappy about the Dees fall from Power! B)

Keep in mind not much happened at all last year.

this year we have new coaches galore.. new ideas etc etcetc. I fully expect quite a bit from trade week ( relatively that is )wouldnt surprise me if a dozen or move get moved around.

It will never happen but I would love to see both of the following trades this year:

Dees trade Pick 4 and 2nd round pick (#21) to Port for Salopek and Port's first round pick (#16). (Might have to sweeten this with Bruce/Green)

Dees send Robbo and Ferguson to Bulldogs and pick #16 to Freo

+ Bulldogs send Farren Ray to Freo

+ Freo send Ryan Murphy and their second round pick (#24) to the Dees.

Melbourne gets a quick skilled midfielder and a taller, younger version of Robbo. Lose Bruce/Green. (Dee's first draft selecton would be pick #24)

Port get Ebert and a better second round pick. (Plus Bruce/Green)

Bulldogs get a forward and tall mobile defender.

Freo get a quick midfielder and another first round pick.

Everyone's happy!!!

Thats one of the issues 28 yo, last 2 years been injured..... :unsure: tick tock tick tock

FWIW & IMO I would pay up for Judd given his condition.

11 against Carlton and 7 goals against a 2nd game Collingwood player in a defence that was missing Clement, Presti, Wakelin and lost O'Brien in the 1st quarter.

That 18 goals in downhill skiing country = easy games. There were about 22 goals in 15 games.

His goal haul on the face of it overvalues the manner of his contribution.

keep robbo!!!

he's been a great player and servant to the club for years and is our most influential forward, considering neitz's form in the second half of the season. if the dogs want a forward, then we should give them someone crappy like miller, in return get another draft pick. this would give us leverage to get a good tall from somewhere else, maybe two picks to st kilda for matt 'goose' maguire. something like that.

keep robbo.

Gee...we'd love Judd wouldn't we. Back home in Victoria. Why he would want to go to Carlton or Essendon (besides the bucks) is beyond me- two struggling clubs (moreso essendon) who need at least 2-3 years before considering talking about F word. Collingwood, Us and Hawthron in my opinion would be the only Victorian clubs atm worth looking at.

He barracked for Melbourne as a kid...always a dream of every player to grow up and play for their team

Daniel Wells- Someone on this site after trade week last year said Wells was very close to coming to Melbourne and in fact Melbourne would be looking to get him this year too. Whoever broke this story, do you have anymore scoop on the situation?

Davey- we don't want to trade him- he's still young

Thankgod we delisted Ward- been saying it for 2-3 years now, GET RID OF HIM! Godders im upset about, he was a trier. Now 8 spots available on our list (7 + one rookie), we must be pro active in the Trade week this year too. We have some good picks so we should pick up some more good kids to add to our already guns-to-be list

Trade: Miller,Johnstone? Any others??(The club must go on the front foot)

We need a young ruckman- PJ looks the goods..but looks good up forward and particularly downback..Jamar too inconsistent and PJ is better- White has about 1 maybe 2 years left in him so we need to start looking there. And we need a big Key power Backman like a chad cornes. Carroll tries hard but isn't the best going around, Rivers was badly missed this year and Fergy could be good if he bulks up a bit more.

Resign: Robbo

Keep: Greeny and Bruce (OF course)

Dean Bailey- excellend appointment, cannot wait- and I'm very happy with the Connolly appointment as well- that interview with the two of them made me just want next season to come around already

Thoughts please on trade week- as this year MelbourneFC must use this week well.

In the Herald Sun this morning- the dogs are leading the race of rival clubs that have spoken to him about the possibilities of leaving Melbourne. Why haven't we re-signed him!!!! we made our list changes last week..obviously the club is seriously considering trading him.

Who would we want if we gave them Robbo ... it would have to be either a pretty high draft pick and a player or a really good player ... perhaps a jordy mcmahon or gia- someone with a bit of pace cos we need pace

What do you think about Giansiracusa perhaps plus a 2nd/3rd round draft pick?

Have no interest in McMahon - seems like a smaller version of Ferguson. ie. Too slow, too small, too weak

Too SLOW??? are you kidding me?? mcmahon, played in the right position with the right people around him could be very handy- players that go to another club seem to usually play better. Maybe change for him would benefit his footy and a mcmahon or gia or somebody that has a bit of pace would be an idea trade for robbo

Let Robbo go to the Dogs, has been a good player but a 2 year deal is fair enough, if he wants three lets get something for him. I realise using the media is a tactic players and player managers use to get what they want but the MFC has to do what is best for the MFC, giving Robbo a 3 year deal isn't in the best interest of the club. If Robbo stays fit he will get the year he wants on a new contract on the completion of the two years on offer

Guest unstable punt
According to Greg Denham in the Australian [Dogs' interest turns to Robertson] Russell Robertson has attracted the interest of the Western Bulldogs.

At 28, going on 29, and wanting a three year contract it's going to be a tough call for the club. No-one's immune from trading and if the Doggies want him they'd need to be able to offer us something worthwhile in a trade for someone of Robbo's stature at the club.

I reckon he will go this time, wants 3 years won't get it from us, don't really have an issue with it, love Robbo but some hard decisions need to be made regarding the list

mcmahon is too old in my opinion. i dont want anyone over 22. I do not want Judd, we are rebuilding so lets keep the pick 4 and get 5 years more service because the draftee is 5 yrs younger than judd.

OT I know but

I do not understand this logic...

The best player in the comp is not worth it bc there are players available that are 5 years younger?

What if its 5 years more service but only half the quality? Thats just the thing the draft is dealing with ifs - you know what you get with Judd and thus I would trade anyone and anything to get him.

As for Robbo my views on this issue are of similar ilk to those of Rhino, H, AoB etc. If he loves the club he'll take the two - I can't see him being a premiership player for us anway. If he wants to walk, good luck and thanks for the memories but I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Yze Magic- You have hit the nail on the head with regard to who we need to trade and pick up

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON- KUDOS!!!

Just wish the Club had that sense to be pro-active

although pick 4 we could hold onto and for judd give up bruce and a couple of later picks