Sheedy,Bailey or Hardwick

Guest unstable punt

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/melbourn...8067189954.html

well judging by this report we are going to get another ex-bomber and l reckon Bailey could be the man, whoever he is?? :huh:

Well judging by the headline [Melbourne set to name young coach] at least the sub-editor has ruled Sheedy out, leaving two. Then again, judging by the photos, Bailey doesn't look so young and therefore Hardwick is the man.

Well the Australian says it is out of Bailey, Sheedy and Connolly and that Hardwick and Riley are out of contention.

I don't think any of the newspapers have a clue at the moment.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5012432,00.html

Here's the link for a slightly different view.

I don't normally post unsubstantiated news...

The only reason I am posting this here is because if you are like me you would really like to know the outcome.

My mail is that Bailey as good as has the job. he is preferred by the panel and without a major board refusal or the like he is in.

(from a 'sauce' who i trust and don't care if you think it is my primary school teacher or the owner of the milk bar down the street)

anyway I thought you might like to know or at least to think about it.

I don't normally post unsubstantiated news...

The only reason I am posting this here is because if you are like me you would really like to know the outcome.

My mail is that Bailey as good as has the job. he is preferred by the panel and without a major board refusal or the like he is in.

(from a 'sauce' who i trust and don't care if you think it is my primary school teacher or the owner of the milk bar down the street)

anyway I thought you might like to know or at least to think about it.

If you're right then I'm one happy puppy.

You wold be happy if we got Bailey?

I would be livid

We have the chance to land a VFL/AFL legend, who has won 4 Premierships and will bring another 5,000+ members on board

The planets have aligned for the MFC, if we sign an untried coach ahead of Kevin Sheedy then Gardner, Lyon, Schwab and the rest of the pretenders on the panel can go [censored] themselves

You just can't ignore Sheedy's record. The way I see it, you give him 2 years, if it doesn't work out, we're in exactly the same position as we are now, and we pick up another young coach. But we have the chance to land one of the best coaches in AFL history.

You can't tell me our players wouldn't respond to the authority he commands, maybe that authority had worn out after over 20 years at Essendon, or maybe their list just isn't that good.

Id have to agree mate.

Gotta get Sheeds.

But would be happy with Hardwick.

im liking the idea of a young coach more and more to be honest.

i think a young coach could take us in the direction of the hawks or portAdelaide.

sheedy would undersatnd that he hasnt got 10 years at MFC, and would prefer instant success to prove that he can still hack it. this could mean us moving up the ladder quickly, but in the long run, we'd probably be better off with a coach willing to completely restructure our list.

i want to see half our list changed over the next 3 years.

then again, sheedy is a legend and the extra sponsers, and members would be invaluable to us at this time, espeically as we are really struggling off the field atm. we are seen as a basket case. sheedy could help us soooo much off the field. he's a good coach as well, i just hope he looks more long term instead of looking for instant success

im liking the idea of a young coach more and more to be honest.

i think a young coach could take us in the direction of the hawks or portAdelaide.

sheedy would undersatnd that he hasnt got 10 years at MFC, and would prefer instant success to prove that he can still hack it. this could mean us moving up the ladder quickly, but in the long run, we'd probably be better off with a coach willing to completely restructure our list.

i want to see half our list changed over the next 3 years.

then again, sheedy is a legend and the extra sponsers, and members would be invaluable to us at this time, espeically as we are really struggling off the field atm. we are seen as a basket case. sheedy could help us soooo much off the field. he's a good coach as well, i just hope he looks more long term instead of looking for instant success

Exactly, both young and old have pluses. Thats why its Sheedy or Hardwick for me.

Guest Like The Tiger Of Old

It is Sheedy or Hardwick - No doubt.

I am looking forward to the decision. They both are likable candidates.

The more I think about this the more I am convinced it has to be and will be Sheedy.

PG said all candidates could definitely coach the side next year. Given this why wouldn't you go for the games greatest promoter and publicity generator in a landmark year, particularly when you are broke? In this day and age of coaching 'departments' there will be set up ample delegation to ensure we get the best out our list and not leave it all up to Sheeds, even if this means bringing in fresh blood. Who in coaching circles wouldn't want to work with Sheeds and they may fill his shoes in three years time?

If it doesn't happen I will be perplexed. :blink:

You wold be happy if we got Bailey?

I would be livid

We have the chance to land a VFL/AFL legend, who has won 4 Premierships and will bring another 5,000+ members on board

The planets have aligned for the MFC, if we sign an untried coach ahead of Kevin Sheedy then Gardner, Lyon, Schwab and the rest of the pretenders on the panel can go [censored] themselves

Yes but if the panel & board deecide against Sheeds, then who's your next preference?

Guest unstable punt
Well the Australian says it is out of Bailey, Sheedy and Connolly and that Hardwick and Riley are out of contention.

I don't think any of the newspapers have a clue at the moment.

the guy on SKY news said Sheedy is hot favorite ahead of Connolly, so nobody knows its all guess work

Guest unstable punt
Yes but if the panel & board deecide against Sheeds, then who's your next preference?

Hardwick or Bailey for me, either it doesn't matter

If i had to rank them like the panel did i would rank them

1. Sheedy

2. Bailey

3. Hardwick

4. Riley

5. Connolley

Sheedy is the man for us, if he coaches us for 3-5 years we will be a better team off the field in terms of money, sponsorship, media coverage (all the things we lack) and he aint no dud with teams on the field either.

We have a losing culture at our club, it started in the 70's, strenghtened in the 80's and although our perfromances have improved from the late 80's 90's and th 00's we still don't have a winners culture. Our club accepts 2nd place and excuses, it is never anyones fault when we lose always an excuse and the club accepts it, has done for 40 years. We need a coach that will change our clubs mindset that near enough is good enough and stop living of the past glory.

Our club is on the ropes, this decision will make or break this current board, if they take a punt on a untried coach and it doesn't work they will cained for not getting Sheedy or Connolly if they get one of the two experienced guys and it doesn't work they then will be gone because it should have been a fresh face. There is no safe call for the board.

Sheedy will create instant hype around the club and will give the club a higher media profile. Commercially in the short term he is the clubs best option, but is this a commercial decision, IMO the answer is Yes. Our club needs to generate more income, we need to attrack sponsers, increase our Membership and not by doing it the easy way and counting the $40.00MCC members, we need 25-30,000 full paying MFC members along with our 5-10,000 MCC members. The others may turn out to be better coaches for the MFC, but for now he need to create some positive hype around our club.

The other side is this bloke took Essendon from that losing culture like we have, to be one of the most successful teams over the past 25 years. Can he do it again, I bloody hope so because I'm sick of losing, sick of accepting below par performances, sick our clubs near enough is good enough attitude.

I will always buy my Membership and attend as many games as I can, so I hope the club makes the right decision wheher it is Sheedy or not and we can get the success all us supporters deserve, we are Melbourne we are winners. Thats what needs to be brought back to our club.