FB: B.Holland, N.Carroll, R.Ferguson

HB: D.Bell, B.Miller, J.Frawley

C: B.Green, J.McDonald, P.Wheatley

HF: N.Brown, R.Robertson, S.Godfrey

FF: B.Pickett, D.Neitz, M.Bate

Foll: J.White, B.McLean, N.Jones

Int: B.Moloney, S.Buckley, M.Newton, D.Ward, A.Davey, J.Bode, M.Jamar

In: B.Pickett, A.Davey, J. Bode, M.Jamar, N.Carroll

Out: C.Sylvia (groin), C.Bruce (hamstring)

Source: Demonology

The bench will/should be: Jamar, Davey, Newton, Buckley/Moloney.

Good on Bode, that is a very quick progression from playing seconds in the VFL, to being named in the senior AFL team. But I don't think he'll play this week.

We better not go into the team with one ruckman again.

P.S.- Ferguson to take Hall! ;)

HF: N.Brown, R.Robertson, S.Godfrey

Second week in a row, how can they be serious?

Interesting to see who gets the chop on the extended bench...

Good on Bode, that is a very quick progression from playing seconds in the VFL, to being named in the senior AFL team. But I don't think he'll play this week.

It's almost unheard of to promote a rookie and not play him immediately, otherwise there is no point in promoting him. He'll play and good luck to him, his rise over the last few weeks has been somewhat meteoric.

i hope moloney is given a few weeks off to pasture as well...

bode, newton, buckley and jamar on the bench for mine...

also suddenly we have 4 talls in the back line? with carroll going straight in the side looks a bit heavy down back doesnt it?

i hope moloney is given a few weeks off to pasture as well...

bode, newton, buckley and jamar on the bench for mine...

also suddenly we have 4 talls in the back line? with carroll going straight in the side looks a bit heavy down back doesnt it?

Davey getting the chop?

Brown played on Burgoyne last week as a negative tag???

THis week he will get Malceski who will rip us a new one........

I don't think there's any more room for another new one.

It's almost unheard of to promote a rookie and not play him immediately, otherwise there is no point in promoting him. He'll play and good luck to him, his rise over the last few weeks has been somewhat meteoric.

You're right but with the cut-off period, Riley may just want to keep his options open.

If he plays this week it would almost have to be in place of Ward (defender for defender)...

Davey getting the chop?

yeah i think i would like to see davey come back thru sandy. he did something stupid, bode has been promoted, newton and buckley are youngsters who have done nothing wrong, in fact have even looked good. and i want to see jamar once more at this level...and we need two ruckmen, its just silly not too. newton has done more than enough to keep his spot, and i think afl is where he is going to learn the most so far. given that bode has been promoted i assume he will be playing this week, otherwise why waste money?

perhaps davey gets a run at buckleys expense...its not that buckley has done anything wrong but after some steep learning at afl level perhaps he needs to go back and apply it at sandy?

i know that riley has been giving everyone on the list a go so that they atleast get a fair chance to show if they should be on the list next season. i agree with this policy because how can we know if jamar, ferguson, pickett and miller should still be playing for the demons next season if we dont play them in the seniors...

HOWEVER...

i really think its time the coaching staff made some decisions on certain players and stick with them, because at the end of the day if they are not playing next year, then y the fark play them ahead of Dunn, CJ, PJ, and any other youngster?!?!

if i were the coach, from next week i'd drop pickett, ward, brown, ferguson and holland for the rest of the year, and put in PJ, CJ, Dunn, Bode and make sure that buckley and Newton play 70% game time every week. We MUST get games into our youngsters, because it's the only way to fast-track their development for next season!

We can't go in with Carroll, Holland, Feguson, Miller, Frawley and Jamar. You would expect 2 of these to come out or one to play forward.

Frawley can play small, also Robbo may not get up from his back spasms (one hopes they finally decide to rest the walking wounded!), so Holland will play up forward.

Miller on Hall looks a certainty yet again, but not sure who Ferguson will play on.

If Davey doesn't make the cut, the MFC should conduct a press conference this afternoon announcing that "We are officially tanking for draft picks. We are not intrested in winning for the rest of the season etc.."

My tips for Bench:

Moloney, Davey, Newton, Ward (lucky)

Bode (debut next week), Jamar (Holland will be the 2nd ruckman like last week) Buckley (had a taste, cya next year).

Newton may be in trouble if Robbo gets up.

The tank engine is right on track on so it should be.

I would be surprised if we saw trapper, sylvia or bruce again this season.

why risk them?

Neitz will play against the pies for 300 and we wont see him again. Robbo wont play after this week is my bet.

Trapper is playing for Sandringham this week.

Is Dunn Injured?

Could this be the week Ward finally gets the chop? I'll be praying.

And so is Dunn, so no he isn't.

Who does Dunn have to root to get a game?

He was one of our best against the Blues in his first game back. He then played a resonable first half against the lions, then spends most of the second half on the pine....and gets dropped for next three matches when the team has an average losing margin of 12 goals.....NICE!!