Frustration

BrownlowBruce

we all love abit of biff at the footy.... and im not here to say wat davey did was right or wrong.... but im glad he did it.... it is undisiplined,but im frustrated daveys frustrated and i reckon there is alot of other frustrated supporters players out there. the season is over i say let it out let it go and lets move on.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, let's give stupid free kicks away, get reported, get suspended, and have points hanging over our head going into next season.

Awesome plan!

If Davey is frustrated, he should take it out on the ball, and attack in. Smacking a guy in the guts is not the answer, and if the situation was reversed and Selwood punched Davey out of frustration, you'd be calling for him to get a 3 week suspension.

There is nothing tough about what Davey did. It was just dumb.

Players need to learn to shut their mouth when a decision goes against them, and keep their hands close to their own bodies when things are not going their way. You achieve nothing but more frustration for the supporters and the coaches when you give away unnecessary free kicks.

On a side note, Davey needs to learn to break a tag or work around it. He's been playing long enough and getting a lot of attention for a couple of season now. He nearly cost us a final last year against the Saints, and he still hasn't learnt.

I love Davey and he brings a lot to the side. We know what he's capable of, but when he's not having a good day, he actually hurts the side with his brain fades.

Yeah, let's give stupid free kicks away, get reported, get suspended, and have points hanging over our head going into next season.

Awesome plan!

If Davey is frustrated, he should take it out on the ball, and attack in. Smacking a guy in the guts is not the answer, and if the situation was reversed and Selwood punched Davey out of frustration, you'd be calling for him to get a 3 week suspension.

Players need to learn to shut their mouth when a decision goes against them, and keep their hands close to their own bodies when things are not going their way. You achieve nothing but more frustration for the supporters and the coaches when you give away unnecessary free kicks.

On a side note, Davey needs to learn to break a tag or work around it. He's been playing long enough and getting a lot of attention for a couple of season now. He nearly cost us a final last year against the Saints, and he still hasn't learnt.

I love Davey and he brings a lot to the side. We know what he's capable of, but when he's not having a good day, he actually hurts the side with his brain fades.

u gotta remember we play AFL....

not a girl sport like netball.

very generalised statment about davey last year against st kilda the whole team almost cost us.

anger needs to be released somtimes and he did ... good on him... he turned it around and im happy for him

very generalised statment about davey last year against st kilda the whole team almost cost us.

anger needs to be released somtimes and he did ... good on him... he turned it around and im happy for him

Yes, we play AFL.

And professionals don't let their anger loose like that. Flash is only hurting himself and the team, I hope he cops a few weeks so he learns something from it.

Since the St. Kilda final last year his discipline has been poor on the field. He needs to focus on the ball.

And when Jaded says he nearly cost us the game, he nearly did. Gave away a 50 that cost a goal then gave away another in the same last quarter.

SAFAN

MC ENROE

anger brings out the best in some...

Thought we were playing AFL ;) ?!!!

I agree with you BB, that playing angry or releasing anger can bring out the best in some competitors, but that does not seem to be the case for here for Davey and the Saints game from last years finals is most definitely a valid example of him totally losing his nut, being undisciplined, and as a result nearly costing us the game.

And while frustration happens to everyone out there, it is how you deal with it or channel it into your footy that can make it become a positive weapon. But I haven't seen that kind of potentially constructive outcome when Davey blows his lid, and while he did work through his anger issues a little better tonight, and played reasonably well in the end, just how much that had to do with hitting his opponent in the opening quarter of the game I don't really know.

But the hit was still a stupid and reckless thing to do, and could ultimately and unfortunately cost the team at the tribunal.

And no, we are not playing netball, but at the end of the day there is still a hell of a difference between being tough and hard at the footy, and sniping someone in the guts, therefore giving away frustrated free kicks, that in reality aren't going to make the frustration go away, and will probably only make the situation worse.

I would be frustrated too i I was Davey

I am sick of [censored] like Joel Selwood getting away with murder by holding their man the whole game

I only wish Davey hit him in the face and knocked him out

Oh yes, that would have been a fantastic show of chactacter and strength in adversity.......

And it would most definitely have got him suspended.

Good logic there :rolleyes: !!!

I am sick of spastics like Joel Selwood getting away with murder by holding their man the whole game

Joel wasn't the issue last night though, Troy was.

(on a completely unrelated note though, anyone watch Cats vs Pies? Joel Selwood is an absolute weapon.)

I would be frustrated too i I was Davey

I am sick of [censored] like Joel Selwood getting away with murder by holding their man the whole game

Ha!!! Tough man Aaron. Couldn't knock out my sister. What would it achieve even if he could?

Awesome plan!

You have a strange sense of right and wrong Jaded. Davey shouldnt punch someone on the field but who cares if Colin Sylvia gets sooo drunk he passes out at a strip joint. Riiiight.

I do not condone Davey hitting people but if thats what it took for him to go on and be our best on ground which he was then thats fine. And as long as his hitting people is confined to the field & it is a rare burst of anger we rarely see from Aaron I do not see the problem

You have a strange sense of right and wrong Jaded. Davey shouldnt punch someone on the field but who cares if Colin Sylvia gets sooo drunk he passes out at a strip joint. Riiiight.

I do not condone Davey hitting people but if thats what it took for him to go on and be our best on ground which he was then thats fine. And as long as his hitting people is confined to the field & it is a rare burst of anger we rarely see from Aaron I do not see the problem

So if he gets suspended here and there that's OK?

He played well last night but I'd rather him win us games than kick junk time goals.

And what our players do off the field is none of our business and shouldn't impact what they do ON the field, which is the most important thing to me as a supporter.

Some of you people are clueless if you are condoning this action.

These are completely separate issues.

Our players should abide by the rules of the AFL, and laws of our society.

The rules of the AFL clearly state that smacking, punching, hitting etc... is unacceptable. Davey is likely to get suspend for what he did, and even if he doesn't, he gave away needless free kicks. He was wrong.

Again, if the shoe was on the other foot, people would scream for Selwood to get suspended.

Sylvia didn't break any laws by going out and drinking. It was our mid-season break as well.

Do I think it's good that he goes to seedy clubs to get drunk and pass out? No. Do I care what he does with his spare time? Not as long as it doesn't affect his playing ability or the club's reputation. In Sylvia's case, it didn't. He was only mentioned because he was with Didak for a period of time. Not because he did anytning wrong.

But then we're talking about our players in the context of playing, and as davey_magik said, if you think that what Davey did was ok, you're clueless. It served absolutely no purpose, and if Davey needs to hit someone to get fired up, he should find a different occupation.

.......and if Davey needs to hit someone to get fired up, he should find a different occupation.

Or quite possibly counselling ;) :D !!!

Or quite possibly counselling ;) :D !!!

On a serious note, it might benefit him.

“If you are angry, just walk away or take it out on a strong tackle or something like that.

It can be frustrating but you have to think of the team first.

“It can be the difference between a good game or a bad game or a close win or close loss.”

~ Brock McLean

On a side note, have we had any player suspended for games this year at the Tribunal? I'm struggling to recall one. Holland got reprimanded for his 'head contact (butt)' on Brad Johnson, but other than that we've had a pretty good discipline record this year, unlike say the Dockers

you obviously didnt watch the australia versus jamaica netball tests recently, you would realise that at the proffessional level this sport is pretty hard at it also. and ive watched womens rugby. i believe thats a girl sport. but its pretty hard at it. i think you meant to say we play afl, a contact sport, not a non-contact sport. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

and for the record, mcenroe never hit his opponent to fire himself up. davey can do all the yelling he wants.

You have a strange sense of right and wrong Jaded. ... the problem

Brock mclean gives away silly free kicks...

get ur facts straight..... ur all biased

its amazing how you two just love to try and dig up another fight. do you sit at home and talk about how you can provoke another argument over the family dinner? this thread has nothing to do with brock mclean BB, and the incident i am assuming you are referring too (brock throwing the ball away) was completely different to the davey issue. davey punched someone in the guts. in front of the umpire. you could probably compare brock to mcenroe if you want, but not davey's example.

and bandwagon, again there is a difference between punching a player on the field and drinking on your night off. sylvias drinking affected only himself. and he had made a choice to go out drinking hard. maybe not a great choice, but the circumstances are completely different to davey reacting to a tagger by punching him and then hitting another player because he cant control his temper.

you obviously didnt watch the australia versus jamaica netball tests recently, you would realise that at the proffessional level this sport is pretty hard at it also. and ive watched womens rugby. i believe thats a girl sport. but its pretty hard at it. i think you meant to say we play afl, a contact sport, not a non-contact sport. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

and for the record, mcenroe never hit his opponent to fire himself up. davey can do all the yelling he wants.

I have to agree Deanox. The toughest support I have ever played is indoor mixed netball. iT'S DEFINATELY NOT A NON CONTACT GAME!

Davey will be offered 2 weeks IMO.

Instead of spending Tuesday night at the tribunal, he should see a shrink.

Man I lost the plot with Davey when he smacked Selwood. So angry at him.

Demon Dave, you're right re-suspensions. Holland, Davey and Sylvia have all copped reprimands but no suspensions.

I have to agree Deanox. The toughest support I have ever played is indoor mixed netball. iT'S DEFINATELY NOT A NON CONTACT GAME!

Indeed. In the one game of mixed netball I've played, I played WD in a "tagging" role on this chick that was everywhere. The whole game I got punched, elbowed and scragged behind play, this girl meant serious business. I felt like Simon Godfrey. Netball doesn't get enough credit on footy sites I don't reckon.