2025 Membership

Anyone else clicked on the Opt In section in order to select if they want a card and a scarf, and it sent them on an endless loop of asking the same 2 questions over and over again?

I fully expected the prices to go up this year. Spending nearly $2000 on two memberships this year sure hurts after the season from hell tho.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, 58er said:

Why not get auto renew saves any angst. 

Not the cost of living issue it doesn’t 

I’m in regional NSW and not renewing my membership with GFG (read: expensive insurance). Step down to the lowest membership I can. I might get the Suns game only if it’s at Metricon otherwise it’s just not feasible 

18 minutes ago, 58er said:

Why not get auto renew saves any angst. 

I've just got off the phone to the club to tell them, for the third year in a row, that I've never consented to, nor do I want auto renew. I get my partner and mothers memberships and we like to decide on our membership level a bit closer to the season when we've got a better idea roughly how many games we'll be able to get to. It's very frustrating and I'm not sure I will renew, pretty [censored] off tbh.  

• Like 1

Got the email today. $870 for a Tridents season ticket including away games in Melbourne & GFG. Last year $810 including GA entry to 5 away games. To have a firm price this early suggests the club know how many away games we'll have in Melbourne next year and therefore what the fixture will look like. 

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Anyone else clicked on the Opt In section in order to select if they want a card and a scarf, and it sent them on an endless loop of asking the same 2 questions over and over again?

I fully expected the prices to go up this year. Spending nearly $2000 on two memberships this year sure hurts after the season from hell tho.

I am having the same issue with the loop thing. Did you end up getting it to work?

The likelihood is I won't be doing Trident next year and will be downgrading to Redlegs with reserved seat on level 1.

Yes everything is going up and on top of an MCC burden that I don't even want, I was still prepared to throw my logic in the bin and go another year in Trident but the two guys I sit with (When not there by myself) are driving the change and it's hard to argue with it to be honest.

Giving ourselves a deadline of October to decide.

2 hours ago, layzie said:

The likelihood is I won't be doing Trident next year and will be downgrading to Redlegs with reserved seat on level 1.

Yes everything is going up and on top of an MCC burden that I don't even want, I was still prepared to throw my logic in the bin and go another year in Trident but the two guys I sit with (When not there by myself) are driving the change and it's hard to argue with it to be honest.

Giving ourselves a deadline of October to decide.

Which bays are the Trident seats in?

i rang today as well to change my reserved seats, the lady said i have to go onto a waiting list again, not sure if this is normal or not, but i told her if i cant change my seats ill cancel my membership cause im not even sitting in a designated dees spot, its basically a few rows of dees members and then reserved public seating. last year it was fantastic, this year we have had so many close calls to knocking opposition supporters out who think its their right to sit in someone elses reserved seat.

lots of fun but im gettingtoo old for this now. give me a dees bay anyday

Received an auto-renew email, but was told last year I was unable to pay membership via the club as it was an MCC/MFC renewal, therefore it had to be processed by the MCC. In previous years the club was definitely able to role this over, hoping that the club has once again reverted to be able to process the MFC component. 

38 minutes ago, BLWNBA said:

Received an auto-renew email, but was told last year I was unable to pay membership via the club as it was an MCC/MFC renewal, therefore it had to be processed by the MCC. In previous years the club was definitely able to role this over, hoping that the club has once again reverted to be able to process the MFC component. 

You are able to give the Club your Credit Card number and then the information is forwarded to the MCC for them to do the renewal. Some years ago the MCC made the change to renewals, maybe so that their member/club information was up to date. The confirmed renewal information is then sent back to the MFC so that packages can be sent out etc. It all sounds convoluted but it does seem to work. To make it simple just nominate your MCC/MFC Dual Membership when you renew your MCC membership! 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

Absolutely renewing. I remember the years that turned into decades when we were nowhere near the finals. The club I love is competitive and has some wonderful players and I will support them every way I can.

Here Here Ollie.

The fact is supporting a footy team has no guarantees of success. But I can’t help feeling we have the craziest fans who after 4/6 years of Success with a season in between get all dissatisfied and can’t handle some downturn in performance or personnel on our list. 

For the very ones I am talking to most things in life are variable and much of it we can’t control. 

Some things like weather, your kids results at school largely variable, your kids sporting or hobby pursuits. Do you say to your son or daughter if they aren’t the best in the team sorry no dancing, footy, tennis or ten  pin bowling.  Generally NO. 

Yet adults just say no for reasons that are trifling and don’t think any thing of it. NO needs to be thought through and if finances or your work are a genuine factor then you have to consider your options.

Footy ( sport) is one of my great interests in life and I would be lost without it.

I still attend Theatre regularly have multiple book clubs, at least once a month attend something that arises in the other arts or sport. Also belong to three “organisations” who have monthly or regular events that I attend. 

It does help to be single and of course catch up with another jem in life in eating out at different styles of restaurants and cafes. Plus travel fairly often. 

To give up any of this would need to be health or financial problems or a very serious disagreement with a person/ member of those organisations. 

But the loyalty to MFC the mighty Dees is now 67 years uninterrupted membership and we have only made the Finals for 22 years and of course had the 57 year drought until our most recent 13th Premiership. 

FWIW Although it’s looking tougher next year to succeed I feel that 2025 might be a year ( hopefully like 2021) where we have some good fortune, no serious injuries, our champs fit and firing and our recruits and younger players develop  quicker than hoped. And we are totally united and super aggressive in our football again.

Most of that will be needed to be Top4 again.

Here’s hoping  

15 hours ago, Tracca said:

i rang today as well to change my reserved seats, the lady said i have to go onto a waiting list again, not sure if this is normal or not, but i told her if i cant change my seats ill cancel my membership cause im not even sitting in a designated dees spot, its basically a few rows of dees members and then reserved public seating. last year it was fantastic, this year we have had so many close calls to knocking opposition supporters out who think its their right to sit in someone elses reserved seat.

lots of fun but im gettingtoo old for this now. give me a dees bay anyday

I’m in exactly the same situation. The club has been hopeless at forcing the MCG staff to protect the value of our seats, and so we’ve told them we need an upgrade (which we are happy to pay for) or we aren’t paying for reserved seats again.

This year I went to all our home games except one, and 8 times I had to move people out of our seats. It was ridiculous. The Collingwood home game was like sitting in the Collingwood members, and the MCG staff did nothing.

32 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I’m in exactly the same situation. The club has been hopeless at forcing the MCG staff to protect the value of our seats, and so we’ve told them we need an upgrade (which we are happy to pay for) or we aren’t paying for reserved seats again.

This year I went to all our home games except one, and 8 times I had to move people out of our seats. It was ridiculous. The Collingwood home game was like sitting in the Collingwood members, and the MCG staff did nothing.

Are you saying about our home game vs Pies or the KB game?

Because it’s vastly different circumstances As you probably know. 

8 minutes ago, 58er said:

Are you saying about our home game vs Pies or the KB game?

Because it’s vastly different circumstances As you probably know. 

Home games.  You don't get reserved seats to away. 

And I have responded to the Premium member survey to highlight this in the same way as happened to @The heart beats true.  Every Collingwood and Carlton game, their supporters have had to be thrown out of Tridents area.  But only after the members have pointed it out to security staff.

Edited by george_on_the_outer

6 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Home games.  You don't get reserved seats to away. 

And I have responded to the Premium member survey to highlight this in the same way as happened to @The heart beats true.  Every Collingwood and Carlton game, their supporters have had to be thrown out of Tridents area.  But only after the members have pointed it out to security staff.

Thanks George That’s why I asked because I am aware of the seating home games situation.

While I Understand you need security to move stubborn people why aren’t the ground staff in each section onto this reserved seat rules? That’s who should be consulted first if people don’t move when asked. It’s their job to get security of needed if they reuse still. 

In Brisbane I am a Gabba Trust member and if anything is wrong with others in your seats ( you write your name and put the seat on this paper/ tag which you place in a slot between your seat.

Very similar to MCC seating the last time I used  reciprocal rights if a big game occurs. 

In Brisbane most security staff are located inside the boundary near the fence. 

Not much of them seem on Level4 in the Trust. But we are not a confrontational group like Pies or Blues fans!!! 

Amazingly, approaching 50 year MCC membership, so cannot wait for access to slightly lower subscription (and the comfy seats!). However, I have never taken out the combined MCC/MFC package, because I always wanted to fully support the club (not the MCC) and to always sit with Melbourne people. Have been an MFC member since 1988, sitting in the defacto ‘reserved’ red seat area back in the day and in our real reserved seats in M51 ever since. Same faces, some new ones, watching mine (and other’s) children grow and mature, united in our love for our demon boys. Success comes and goes, players come and go, politics comes and goes, but the journey never ends! I see no reason to stop. Go Dees in ‘25.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

They had completely checked out once the Collingwood game came round, it was just a free for all.

Unrelated but my own considerations for downgrading from Trident to Redlegs is purely a money decision, not out of disgust at the team's performance. I hadn't even considered that aspect before the posts above suggested that people might not renew because of this. 

• Like 1