Kozzy Homesick & Wants to Leave?

KLV

10 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

Put it this way, i had a side bet with the messenger that if he doesn't request a trade then he owes me a grand.

Man, inside info and side bets with mates in the thousands. Massive ballers, cuh.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Does your $1k-poorer mate know if Houston had to rip up his cover letter or did he just use white-out to change it?

Houston himself said he was a Dee until Trac decided to be a princess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Demonstone said:

Your credibility is lower than Sam McClure's right now.  It's hard to believe anything you say.

Sorry, can't agree.

Which is a pretty sad indictment on McClure!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Kozzie was in Bunbury to play in a carnival game last weekend with the clubs blessing along with Neville Jetta.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/bush-and-burbs/bush-and-burbs-melbourne-demon-kysaiah-pickett-makes-shock-appearance-in-south-west-football-carnival-c-16477220

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

Kozzie was in Bunbury to play in a carnival game last weekend with the clubs blessing along with Neville Jetta.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/bush-and-burbs/bush-and-burbs-melbourne-demon-kysaiah-pickett-makes-shock-appearance-in-south-west-football-carnival-c-16477220

How many did he kick?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 18/10/2024 at 10:19, SthSea22 said:

Houston himself said he was a Dee until Trac decided to be a princess

Are you referring to his response to Maher and Gaze on SEN, SS22?

I recommend another listen then: he wanted to come home, not to a specific club, at the end of the year, Hinkley supported this, his manager then put to him the possibility of a specific destination, and he rejected it because 'throughout the year there was a little bit of unrest at Melbourne, it seemed, and it probably wasn't the best thing for me to do and I'd rather not go there'.

So, he never was a Dee, and for not-specific reasons. According to himself.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

I recommend another listen then: he wanted to come home, not to a specific club, at the end of the year, Hinkley supported this, his manager then put to him the possibility of a specific destination, and he rejected it because 'throughout the year there was a little bit of unrest at Melbourne, it seemed, and it probably wasn't the best thing for me to do and I'd rather not go there'.

As Paul Connors said Melbourne were never giving up a top 5 pick. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Melbourne had him on the hook. I’m glad he jumped off but he was most certainly on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

Melbourne had him on the hook. I’m glad he jumped off but he was most certainly on.

Well, there was evidently a hook cast, with his Manager then dangling off it...

My post was only an attempt to clarify what Houston said, in response to what it was said he said.

It's interesting the breadth of opinions on Houston, and (the many?) other recruitment options. I think I'm in your camp on this one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

If you want to go around claiming you are quoting what was said then please get it right. Here is actually what he said. 

"My Manager said Melbourne are keen and I think we can get you home and we can keep it quiet.

“I guess throughout the year there was a bit of unrest at Melbourne it seemed,” Houston told SEN’s The Run Home.

“I let my manager know that it probably wasn’t the best thing for me – I’d probably rather not go there and that sort of opened everything right up and that’s when it opened things up for everyone else and I had to go through the whole process again.”

What are you talking about when you say I recommend another listen. 

It's clear from this quote that he was on to go to Melbourne when his Manager said it but then throughout the year there was a bit of unrest and then he told his Manager it wasn't the best thing for him and that's when it opened things up for everyone else and he says I had to go through the whole process again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fritta and Turner said:

Why are we talking about Houston in the Kozzie thread.

Consider me stopped 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fritta and Turner said:

Why are we talking about Houston in the Kozzie thread.

Actually your question should be why are we talking about Houston full stop. 
I would reply sorry you’re right. I got sucked in. 
Then I would say why are we talking in a Kozzie forum titled him wanting to go home when he hasn’t. 

Edited by Its Time for Another
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

21 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Bit he was according to all reputable journos going to go to US until the Petracca saga.

That is undeniable that he favoured us 3 mths ago then changed his mind. 

• Like 2

Hope he stays.

A club can't limit itself to picking only local players but it if it's a choice between two similar players, it's getting to the point to pick the player in the same state.

Love you Kozzie. Must be hard for him with a young family.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Thanks 1

Time to put this thread to bed until next year, need to concentrate on those that are joining our club in the near future. So glad that Kozzie ended up staying, actually very happy that Kozzie never actually put in a request for transfer Nor Nominated another club. Let’s hope that MFC can find a suitable scenario for Kozz and family that will get them home when needed and that he and family feel really secure and surrounded by a loving family club that we can all feel proud of. 

• Like 1

Onto football matters, one of Kozzie’s goals next season is not to get booked with the MRO.

His absence will absolutely cost us at least one game early next year due to his ability to kick a 3, 4 or 5 goal haul every now and then. And we’re not in a position to be throwing away games.

• Like 1