PREGAME: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Will happily do so. He’s an awesome kid and I can’t imagine he gets the love the others do. 

Hi WCW is training on tomorrow at Gosch’s?  I thought I saw a post last week saying there would be but I can’t find the post or anything on the club site. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Hi WCW is training on tomorrow at Gosch’s?  I thought I saw a post last week saying there would be but I can’t find the post or anything on the club site. 

Captain’s run at Gosch’s tomorrow morning starting at 9:45am and finishing at about 10:30am.

As with every training session it’s subject to last-minute change but that seldom happens with the Captain’s run.

PS bring an umbrella! No shelter from the rain apart from a few trees which drip rain on you anyways so yeah, no shelter. 😁

• Like 1

Lever’s interview put my mind at ease about Trac. Our leaders signed contracts that will see them through to career close. We’ve got premiership players to farewell in ANB and BBB. 

Despite one of the most emotionally wild seasons in a long time and a lot of bitter disappointment, I’m feeling good right now. It feels like it has all come to a head. Get the job done against the Pies and I’ll end the season feeling content.

• Like 7
  • Clap 3

On 17/08/2024 at 16:25, Demonland said:

The Demons take on the Magpies in a dead rubber in their last match of the 2024 Premiership Season with pride on the line. Who comes in and who goes out?

IMG_6572.jpeg

There's a game this week?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Dannyz said:

ANB trained in match sim with Casey players yesterday so may be rested. 
No other changes on the horizon except for a new sub to replace Melk. It may be Laurie or Woey who both trained well in the white team. 

Just my take but...

At this point ANB would not need to train with the boys to know the role in a one off sense.

Possibly moved aside to allow the young fellas a chance to train playing a similar role either off the bench or as sub and give the Casey boys some tips with positioning around stoppages etc?

9 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I suspect Nibbler in one final act of leadership was happy to play in the B team to give both Laurie and Woey a chance to push their case.

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t play. In fact he might even tag Daicos again and beat him just because he can.

Ideally we play both Laurie and Woey, keep Melk as sub and don’t play Billings but that seems unlikely. 

Surely Nibbler's last MFC duty is to run through Maynard and start his next season with a nice 10-week holiday?

• Like 1

On 18/08/2024 at 11:41, dees189227 said:

It would be good to end the season with a win & go into the pre season on a winning note & building into a better  2025

while i agree with this sentiment to also deny collingwood finals  Im also inclined to select a casey team with all youngsters, Hunter his 200, maybe even BBB. Jeffo, K brown Woee, Kentfiled etc let them all get to hear a 90,00 crowd of Pie supporters while we all go to the snow and let the pies pay the ground fee. We all donate our ticket price direct to MFC. Pies win who cares, They still dont make the 8 and if they do will get knocked out early unless they pay the umps a motza.

WE know that pies will be porytrayed as valiant whatever happens and if they lose will naturally say its because it was a dead rubber. If they come out seriously to win they will take out Max and probably several others Jack, Lever they wont care.

• Love 1
  • Vomit 1

The AFL setup a Friday night blockbuster in the fixture.  Round 24. Dees v Pies. 

Now it’s effectively a dead rubber. Only our pride and our rivalry on the line.  

We want to win. I think we need to win.  We want to beat them no matter where or why or what is at stake !!!! 

• Like 1

On 17/08/2024 at 16:25, Demonland said:

The Demons take on the Magpies in a dead rubber in their last match of the 2024 Premiership Season with pride on the line. Who comes in and who goes out?

IMG_6572.jpeg

If Nibbles doesnt play then im not watching the game

• Sad 1

Not sure if been discussed but wanted to say well done Ray Chamberlain.

Umpiring his last game on Friday and reckon he's been great value as an umpire. Loves his job, willing to put his neck on the line and speak about decisions that he and his colleagues get wrong on SEN, lovely guy and the game will be a little less without him.

Hopefully, nobody responds to this by bashing him, just genuinely like the guy. Well done Razor.

• Like 15
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

If you think I’m gonna suggest this for Friday’s banner… you’d be dead right! 😅

Unfortunately the club would never allow it, but it’s fun imagining it.

Anyways the banner has enough going on already. Goodbye to Nibs and congrats for Riv’s 100th and whatever else the club sees fit (hopefully no advert just for this week).

LOL

That's already a lot going on for the banner! Can't wait to see it :-)

Gonna miss Nibbler :-(   But fam always comes first. Hope he gets picked up for a really good #pick for us haha, but importantly plays a blinder every game, even against us (as long as his team still loses lol). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FearTheBeard said:

Not sure if been discussed but wanted to say well done Ray Chamberlain.

Umpiring his last game on Friday and reckon he's been great value as an umpire. Loves his job, willing to put his neck on the line and speak about decisions that he and his colleagues get wrong on SEN, lovely guy and the game will be a little less without him.

Hopefully, nobody responds to this by bashing him, just genuinely like the guy. Well done Razor.

Well said.

Crowd expectations for Friday night?

60K?

They got 51K to this game in round 23 2017, but it was Collingwood's home game and they were coming off 4 years of mediocrity.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

19 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

this is actually really disturbing.

Yes, I know.  It's not a great mindset.  I'm definitely not saying we tank.

I was at nearly every game during the poor years and never cheered on a loss.  Winning is everything for a club and group.

I'm more trying to sell the silver lining that a loss wouldn't be the end of the world in this instance.

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Well said.

Crowd expectations for Friday night?

60K?

They got 51K to this game in round 23 2017, but it was Collingwood's home game and they were coming off 4 years of mediocrity.

Around 55-58K I reckon. Ticket sales are average in the AFL and public reserve but poor in the MCC. They are going to open Q37-Q40 for the general public which I haven't seen at a Melbourne game before. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

Around 55-58K I reckon. Ticket sales are average in the AFL and public reserve but poor in the MCC. They are going to open Q37-Q40 for the general public which I haven't seen at a Melbourne game before. 

That's still more than I thought given its our home game and a deadrubber.

Look out for a very handsome young boy running out  with the team on Friday night … it’s my grandson Asher💪

Edited by joeboy
  • Like 16
  • Love 4
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, joeboy said:

Look out for a very handsome young boy running out  with the team on Friday night … it’s my grandson Asher💪

My 3 word analysis for Asher - Best on Ground

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I was going to start a thread as a call to arms for all Demonland fans to come down tomorrow night (*if you're able) and support the boys to give them a lift for the game but also encouragement for a big off season. 

COME ALONG....

image.jpeg.5ed24c6fa075df0cc5b3eb1dfdce2fd6.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

Sorry, what does this mean?

1 hour ago, Adam The God said:

Sorry, what does this mean?

Q37-Q40 are the bays on level 4 in the MCC which are next to the Ponsford and get opened up to the General Public when they expect the MCC to have excess capacity and need extra GA areas for the public.

There is now a barrier in the middle of Q40 which they use to keep the public out of the MCC. For Friday they are only selling tickets in the MCC side of Q40 which usually indicates that the MCC on level 4 will not extend to Q37-other half of Q40. Hope this makes sense.

This happens at pretty much every Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond home game at the MCG.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

Q37-Q40 are the bays on level 4 in the MCC which are next to the Ponsford and get opened up to the General Public when they expect the MCC to have excess capacity and need extra GA areas for the public.

There is now a barrier in the middle of Q40 which they use to keep the public out of the MCC. For Friday they are only selling tickets in the MCC side of Q40 which usually indicates that the MCC on level 4 will not extend to Q37-other half of Q40. Hope this makes sense.

This happens at pretty much every Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond home game at the MCG.

Wowee, not a good sign.

So many of our MCC supporters are hopeless. (and I am one, so have to put up with their fair weather supporting, which manifests with them constantly asking who player number x is when they jump back on the bandwagon)

3 hours ago, Young Blood said:

image.jpeg.5ed24c6fa075df0cc5b3eb1dfdce2fd6.jpeg

From the club video here, if you haven't seen it.  Or find it on Insta.  Or probably Facebook.