Christian Petracca

33 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Could it be a case that they (he and the club) came to an agreement that they’ll do everything they can to clean up whatever mess they’re in and if they haven’t by the end of 2025, the club will agree to a trade if requested? 

My understanding is he is filthy about the pile on ‘brand Petracca’… but he is similarly filthy about the state of the club…

Believe he has privately reached  out to a few outside player circles he trusts/cares about stating this. 

This was last night but from the sounds there was a sense he was now in for the fight

Edited by The Jackson FIX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

My understanding is he is filthy about the pile on ‘brand Petracca’… but he is similarly filthy about the state of the club…

Believe he has privately reached  out to a few outside player circles he trusts/cares about stating this. 

This was last night but from the sounds there was a sense he was now in for the fight

So why did he agree to stay?

• Like 1

Very interesting that not one Dees player on Instagram has shared the MFCs post to their Instagram story. Hmmmm. 🤔 

Happy he’s staying. Let’s hope he’s returning to a happy family on day one of pre-season. Go Dees. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thinking 2

2 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

I was the assistant manager of Coles New World in Croyden back in the '80s @hardtack.

I was living in Sydney by then QD;,in fact I left Croydon at the start of 1970. My memory of Coles in Croydon was pre ‘New World’. I’d buy swap cards, Dairy Queen and the odd plastic tiki.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

43 minutes ago, pingu said:

Very interesting that not one Dees player on Instagram has shared the MFCs post to their Instagram story. Hmmmm. 🤔 

Happy he’s staying. Let’s hope he’s returning to a happy family on day one of pre-season. Go Dees. 

Prob don’t want to feed the talk etc 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Is he actually wrong 

Very and often. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pingu said:

Seven May did. Thats more than not one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, mandeelorian said:

I really hope we haven't told him that if he plays for us next year we'll allow him to walk out on his contract next year and give us and other clubs longer to prepare a deal with better picks.

I’d be telling him whatever he wants to hear to just get him on the park next year.

And go hell for leather trying to settle this joint down.

Edited by Doug Reemer
  • Like 1

My take on this tracca saga is pretty simple. Our brand of defensive footy, that won us a PREMIERSHIP, has become too easy too beat. Tracca’s frustration with it was on display in the Alice against freo. They walked all over us that day, it was embarrassing, and then repeated it again in WA. 

Goody, I love ya pal, but ffs let’s attack the preseason with an offensive game plan, we still have the defensive power with May, Lever and co. Our skillset need’s a lot of work Chocco.

Tracca to Goody-Our game plan sucks mate let’s change or I want out.

love ya’s all demon family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

I don't think anyone should be questioning Trac's committment to the club. Watching him spill his frustration about how poorly we were playing in the last couple of games shows how much he cares about the club. He decided to continue to play on with broken ribs and heavy internal injuries. 

I think Trac's frustrations is that he does not see the club being able to compete at the top level with his expectations. I can't say I disagree with him watching us this year. 

Hopefully this boldens us. Gets us to reflect on our mistakes and back into contention next year. I can see trac been real fired up to show everyone we have a point to prove. I can see him pushing himself to be the top player in the comp instead of thereabouts. Of course it could also go the other way. Was hoping we would see a different clarry this year after last season but that didnt pan out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deefiant said:

I don't think anyone should be questioning Trac's committment to the club. Watching him spill his frustration about how poorly we were playing in the last couple of games shows how much he cares about the club. He decided to continue to play on with broken ribs and heavy internal injuries. 

I think Trac's frustrations is that he does not see the club being able to compete at the top level with his expectations. I can't say I disagree with him watching us this year. 

Hopefully this boldens us. Gets us to reflect on our mistakes and back into contention next year. I can see trac been real fired up to show everyone we have a point to prove. I can see him pushing himself to be the top player in the comp instead of thereabouts. Of course it could also go the other way. Was hoping we would see a different clarry this year after last season but that didnt pan out. 

Just to add to how much he cares. Does anyone remember after our 2021 win he hid his norm smith. Proudly displayed his premiership medal. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Not sure if this has already been posted. It gives the perspective of someone who knows the player trade market intimately. Pickering explains how poorly advised Trac has been throughout this process. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1

10 hours ago, Skuit said:

Petracca is disgruntled and considering a trade.

Anti-Roffey brigade: It's her fault for not contacting him, and she's not doing enough to resolve the matter and minced her words in a radio interview.

Two days later, Petracca publicly recommits to the club.

Anti-Roffey brigade: well done Max Gawn.   

No doubt you're right, Kate, prompted by Whately, called Max and asked him to put Trac on the phone. After a few sympathetic "there-theres, we love you Trac" everything is apples again. All hail Kate, next Queen of Moomba!

Edited by old55
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Flemo56 said:

My take on this tracca saga is pretty simple. Our brand of defensive footy, that won us a PREMIERSHIP, has become too easy too beat. Tracca’s frustration with it was on display in the Alice against freo. They walked all over us that day, it was embarrassing, and then repeated it again in WA. 

Goody, I love ya pal, but ffs let’s attack the preseason with an offensive game plan, we still have the defensive power with May, Lever and co. Our skillset need’s a lot of work Chocco.

Tracca to Goody-Our game plan sucks mate let’s change or I want out.

love ya’s all demon family.

Agree it's been hard to watch our style over the last few years, but those wanting Goodwin to change to a more attacking style without player personnel changes are going to be very disappointed with the result. Yeah we might score more, but we are going to get routinely smashed.

Our style has been matched to our playing group. We are slow and we do not have many good true contest winners. We've lost 2 of them in Hibberd and Brayshaw, and now probably have Gawn, May and Oliver (at his best) who can win those contests that genuinely decide scoring opportunities (McVee and Rivers show signs of being able to out point opponents when they get exposed in contests where they don'thave numbers to help them out). Freo, like Collingwood, have smacked us by exposing our weakness in aerial contest by moving the ball through areas where we don't have numbers advantages.

If we want to go more attacking with this playing group, they are going to need to bust their butts applying pressure and creating turnovers around the contest, and getting back to help our defence after we turn the ball over (and we're going to need to acquire some better contest winners). We have fallen so far off in the pressure department that it's just really hard to see this happening. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, rufus said:

Agree it's been hard to watch our style over the last few years, but those wanting Goodwin to change to a more attacking style without player personnel changes are going to be very disappointed with the result. Yeah we might score more, but we are going to get routinely smashed.

Our style has been matched to our playing group. We are slow and we do not have many good true contest winners. We've lost 2 of them in Hibberd and Brayshaw, and now probably have Gawn, May and Oliver (at his best) who can win those contests that genuinely decide scoring opportunities (McVee and Rivers show signs of being able to out point opponents when they get exposed in contests where they don'thave numbers to help them out). Freo, like Collingwood, have smacked us by exposing our weakness in aerial contest by moving the ball through areas where we don't have numbers advantages.

If we want to go more attacking with this playing group, they are going to need to bust their butts applying pressure and creating turnovers around the contest, and getting back to help our defence after we turn the ball over (and we're going to need to acquire some better contest winners). We have fallen so far off in the pressure department that it's just really hard to see this happening. 

Good post rufus and you’ve got a better footy brain than me.
Lots of hard work needed in the off-season

11 hours ago, DeeZee said:

I’m sorry , but Tom Morris needs to be relieved from his duties for a second time.

You do realise there’s something to this story. Morris had every right to report it 

On 13/08/2024 at 10:42, Jaded No More said:

It's very obvious that Trac won't be leaving, mainly because there is no planet in which we willingly trade him when he has 5 years left to run on his contract.

Last year Petty wanted out, with 2 years remaining. We backed ourselves, and less than 12 months later he extends his contract.

To be fair to Morris (who should rot in a hole!), he also never said Trac will leave, only that he would be open to it if he was out of contract. Which is like saying, I would be open to getting $10mil if someone offered it to me.

PS- this is why you sign your stars to long term deals. If Trac only had 1 year left on his contract, or heaven forbid was OOC, this place would be on fire.

Actually spot on.