Christian Petracca

15 minutes ago, KozzyCan said:

Lol. Lyon had a meltdown about Mac Andrew the other day on radio too. Love it when he and Schwarz go full nuffie.

To be fair, he was relatively measured apart from the 'Trade him to Tassie' bit. But I think he's had enough of people punching us up, including former players, regardless of whether they are trying to do good.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Yep, he sure did. Along the lines of "Jack Viney is red and blue from his toes to his head, Trac isn't going anywhere, theyll sort it out and we should say stick with us for 3 years and if you still arent happy we'll call Tassie and trade him then, Clarko shouldn't have mentioned Jack in an interview, maybe someone should go to Larkey and offer 1.5mil".

I'm sure everyone will love him for that now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Is this a guess? Informed opinion? Wishful thinking? Has had plenty of time to respond. Created a circus and clowned his own club. Great move

The best thing to do right now is get really angry about it.

CP5. Wow, where to start with this champion of the Melbourne footy club. After years and years of being a non competitive, embarrassment of a footy club, growing up a Dees fan was a tough gig - underpinned by the fact we never had any stars of the competition in this time (No slight on the great Nathan Jones, or your Flash Davey, Jacks Watts types) in an era full of champions (Geelongs entire list, Buddy, Judd, Reiwoldt, Ablett etc)  - and after a number of failed draft attempts, this man  gave us all hope! As was my innate confidence in this man, from day dot, I had a deep belief that he was the man that would pop up on that last day in September to kick an unreal sealer / clutch goal, and lead us to the ultimate glory…. Fast forward almost a decade and he’s delivered on all of the hype and more - he’s done what he promised he would, and done it with total grace and class the entire way. Yes, he’s had fellow champions Clarry, Gawn and Jack Viney by his side, but we cannot undersell the just how big a blessing Trac has been to the Melbourne football club.

If he’s unhappy, HEADS MUST [censored] ROLL. IT’S TIME THE MELBOURNE [censored] FOOTBALL CLUB SHOWS TRAC THE SAME RESPECT HE’S SHOWN US. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

49 minutes ago, Young Angus said:

I want I see / hear this…really do rate Garry Lyon he’s all class. 

33 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Agreed. Hope it gets posted 

i'm keeping an eye out and will post it if it gets put up on YT or socials.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, sue said:

We all know?!  All I know is that:

1. at the ground our docs didn't know how serious it was,

2.  at first the hosptial with all its equipment had the same impression 

3. It was only a second lot of scans/tests at the hospital that found serious issues. 

How is that 'badly mishandled' by the club? 

If Tracc's family think that they need to reconsider. (I could be ruder, but won't given they were probably traumatised at the time. But to still believe it and use is as an excuse for whatever...?)

I watched it on tv and thought to myself "Tracc isn't right, he shouldn't be playing". I have no medical background and just very average insights into footy as an ordinary footy fan. Subsequent events showed that it was indeed the wrong call to have him out there ...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, No. 31 said:

I watched it on tv and thought to myself "Tracc isn't right, he shouldn't be playing". I have no medical background and just very average insights into footy as an ordinary footy fan. Subsequent events showed that it was indeed the wrong call to have him out there ...

It was for sure the wrong call, but wrong medical calls are made all the time, including in a hospital setting, which is precisely what happened to Trac. 
To presume a doctor on the field could make a diagnosis when a doctor in a hospital took 6 hours to do so, is a bit fanciful. 
I have no doubt that Trac was assessed and said he was ok to try and return to play. I didn’t see Goody drag his limp body to FF, did you?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dees189227 said:

I didn't see on the couch but apparently Garry went full Melbourne mode

Garry said 

yes he’s had post traumatic issues 

Just get in a room and sort it out 

you sign for 7 years so you have to commit 

clubs always have blokes disgruntled but they work through it 

Petracca will stay 

Viney is red and blue from top to bottom 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

It was for sure the wrong call, but wrong medical calls are made all the time, including in a hospital setting, which is precisely what happened to Trac. 
To presume a doctor on the field could make a diagnosis when a doctor in a hospital took 6 hours to do so, is a bit fanciful. 
I have no doubt that Trac was assessed and said he was ok to try and return to play. I didn’t see Goody drag his limp body to FF, did you?

I believe the doctor should have made a judgement call even without a diagnosis. His thinking should be there’s something not right here. This needs to be investigated and he goes to hospital now. Then again I don’t know how much influence or say a football club doctor has in the heat of the moment during a hot game. He would have to battle big egos in the change rooms.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

I believe the doctor should have made a judgement call even without a diagnosis. His thinking should be there’s something not right here. This needs to be investigated and he goes to hospital now. Then again I don’t know how much influence or say a football club doctor has in the heat of the moment during a hot game. He would have to battle big egos in the change rooms.

trac told the doctor he wanted to go back on. He made the call. he said it in an instagram post.

the doctors thought he had broken ribs thats it, hence why they drugged him up and sent him out again. the hospital itself had no idea it was any more severe than that when he went to hospital

Edited by Tracca
  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Tracca said:

trac told the doctor he wanted to go back on. He made the call. he said it in an instagram post.

the doctors thought he had broken ribs thats it, hence why they drugged him up and sent him out again. the hospital itself had no idea it was any more severe than that when he went to hospital

Of course the hospital and doctor had no idea until tests were done. A ruptured spleen does not stick out for everyone to see. And suspecting broken ribs is enough to have player sent to hospital immediately as well. The level of pain that Trac exhibited should have been of enough concern to send him for further investigation. Signs and symptoms of serious injury should always override what an injured players may want. Doctors need more power to override players and coaches wishes in these situations.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, No. 31 said:

Never passed the pub test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, John Crow Batty said:

Of course the hospital and doctor had no idea until tests are done. A ruptured spleen does not stick out for everyone to see. And suspecting broken ribs is enough to have player sent to hospital immediately as well. The level of pain that Trac exhibited should have been of enough concern to send him for further investigation. Signs and symptoms of serious injury should always override what an injured players may say. Doctors need more power to override players and coaches wishes. 

whilst I agree the doctor should have more power in any professional sport, that simply doesnt happen in afl football.

again, you cant even tell with ribs exactly whats wrong, if the player says he is right to go after some pain killers then there isnt much a doctor can do to test for broken ribs. you need an xray to confirm this.

a trainer should of gone out straight away when trac tried for his first ball as he was toast then. but to say he should of been sent immediately to hospital #1 wouldnt of changed the outcome at all of what has happened, and #2, its only hearsay with what we are suggesting the docs should of done. The AFL had no issues with how it played out. does it look bad? of course it does his injury was worse off than anticipated. Should the doctors have more pull in determining if a player should take the field? 100%.

However I dont feel we can blame the doctors for incorrectly diagnosing Tracs injury

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

10 hours ago, No. 31 said:

I wonder how many times you've thought 'he shouldn't be playing' and the player came back on OK and you forgot all about it.   Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Deeeeees said:

CP5. Wow, where to start with this champion of the Melbourne footy club. After years and years of being a non competitive, embarrassment of a footy club, growing up a Dees fan was a tough gig - underpinned by the fact we never had any stars of the competition in this time (No slight on the great Nathan Jones, or your Flash Davey, Jacks Watts types) in an era full of champions (Geelongs entire list, Buddy, Judd, Reiwoldt, Ablett etc)  - and after a number of failed draft attempts, this man  gave us all hope! As was my innate confidence in this man, from day dot, I had a deep belief that he was the man that would pop up on that last day in September to kick an unreal sealer / clutch goal, and lead us to the ultimate glory…. Fast forward almost a decade and he’s delivered on all of the hype and more - he’s done what he promised he would, and done it with total grace and class the entire way. Yes, he’s had fellow champions Clarry, Gawn and Jack Viney by his side, but we cannot undersell the just how big a blessing Trac has been to the Melbourne football club.

If he’s unhappy, HEADS MUST [censored] ROLL. IT’S TIME THE MELBOURNE [censored] FOOTBALL CLUB SHOWS TRAC THE SAME RESPECT HE’S SHOWN US. 

What a load of baloney

Not sure if serious

• Like 1

I'm glad that this is going on.  Great to get the senior players in a room for a truth session, get it out there deal with it and commit to getting better.  These are the blokes that set the standards, the club and coaches can drive culture and standards but essentially it is the players that do this, they are the drivers if they don't buy in and drive it your club falls apart.

Accept responsibility for the season, it is disappointing, how they respond in 2025 is the real test.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

What a complete and utter f wit T Morris looks now.

😂😂😂

I don’t understand why people go down this narrative and it’s a very common response so don’t mean to single you out (sorry). But what part of what was reported has been incorrect? It seems people apply strawman logic to media reports because they don’t like what they hear.

The Jack Viney situation has been the same. Just because Jack has extended and if Trac ends up staying doesn’t make what was reported incorrect.

It highlights how people don’t understand how media and the footy industry work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2