NON-MFC: Round 19

Who do we want to win this week?

Bombers are a massive chance to choke tonight.  Crows are in better form - they have beaten the Giants, just lost to the Lions away and beaten the Saints

• Like 5
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Who do we want to win this week?

Bombers are a massive chance to choke tonight.  Crows are in better form - they have beaten the Giants, just lost to the Lions away and beaten the Saints

What a terrific  start to the weekend that would be !!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

What a terrific  start to the weekend that would be !!!

Put the house on it BBO!

bet irresponsibly

• Haha 3

Essendon losing tonight and falling out of the 8 by the end of the round would bring me great joy!

If this happens and we somehow get the job done against Freo it would be the most satisfying weekend since '21

Edited by Bates Mate
  • Like 5

Clearly Adelaide winning would be ideal but without Tex and Rankine I can't see it happening.

To Essendon's credit they've bounced back all year from a poor performance.

GWS/Gold Coast and Hawthorn/Pies are hard ones to pick, in terms of what suits us better?

Hopefully Sydney beat Brisbane, Geelong beat Dogs and Richmond get within 50 of Port.

There's some real 'optimist v pessimist' games to decide what is best for Melbourne.

Geelong v Bulldogs

Optimist says go Doggies, to clip Geelong back so we can pursue the top-4 or home final. Pessimist hopes Geelong pick off the dogs to keep them a step behind us in the scramble for the 8.

Giants v Suns

Optimist looks for the Giants to stumble and us to pass them, pessimist says GWS can keep it's slot so long as they suppress the chasing Suns.

Hawks v Pies

Pessimist says Hawks to win because their poor percentage means they are more likely to stay behind us. Optimist says Collingwood to win because it'll be so much fun for them to still be in contention right up until we crush their dreams in round 22.

Sydney v Brisbane

Pessimist doesn't really care about this one, but the optimist hopes Sydney wins and Errol Gulden gets suspended for 10 weeks.

Fremantle v Melbourne

The optimist thinks this one will be tricky but if we win it'll make the run home much easier and make all of our potential finals opponents a little nervous. The pessimist hopes we get thrashed so they can demand Goodwin be sacked.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clap 2

I'm not sure if Adelaide being 8 points up at 3Q time against a putrid Saints side is that good a form line.  And I want Essendon to make the finals so they can lose another final.  So I'm hoping for an Essendon win.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vipercrunch said:

I'm not sure if Adelaide being 8 points up at 3Q time against a putrid Saints side is that good a form line.  And I want Essendon to make the finals so they can lose another final.  So I'm hoping for an Essendon win.

Love it Viper.  Next level bombers hatred

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Hawks are favourite to beat the Pies after finishing 16th last year

What a world

Hawks should have won against Pies at Gather round if not for a missed shot at goal with less than 2 minutes left and they're in better form now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Hawks are favourite to beat the Pies after finishing 16th last year

What a world

I think the Pies will beat them Dub. 

• Like 1

If I didn't hate Essendon so much, I would hardly bother with tonight's game - worst Friday night fixture in a long time.

For me, I want to finish 1st or 2nd, 5th or 6th to ensure home finals. But it is too b****y cold and I am too stuffed of a Friday night to work out which teams winning or losing will get us there. So, Bummers to lose,  Dees to win, watch Hawks and Pies bruise the living suitcase out of each other, and Carlton to continue their slow leaking of form as they ever so gradually deflate and exit the finals in straight sets. 

A good night for some Shapes, a Shiraz, and maybe a late Monkey Shoulder (one of the best budget scotch's available) as the Bummers and Crows bore me to death.

Edited by Maldonboy38
  • Haha 1

And people laugh at me for still using cash and paper tickets:

Edited by Jibroni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Leopold Bloom said:

Has the Melbourne team flown out to Perth yet?

They flew out this morning 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

They flew out this morning 

Let’s hope they can fly back. Lingers will probably ride his bike back. 

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.